Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

IB: BRU-MAD-NRT Returning to FRA (~$240)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB: BRU-MAD-NRT Returning to FRA (~$240)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
I booked via a german website and have the booking # but payment is pending/declined everything I input cc details.

Since the deal expired I called and the people (kiss&Fly website) are saying its due to me using a US based cc so it won't go through. Is this accurate?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MAD to NRT route is a brand new one and only starts on the 18th October - using brand new planes.

One can view these as inaugural fare offers with extremely limited availability.

I would be very surprised if anybody who tried to put a deposit down to hold one of these fares actually gets one. Perhaps there are OTAs who tried to deal with these tickets as if they were ordinary fares: made the reservation, went about payment according to their usual administration procedures (and being a U.S. CC, it may well have taken longer/been more complicated and thus set aside), and by the time they got around to finalising their client's bookings found that the promotion was ended (as seats available were limited).

Payment is a powerful part of a contract.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LapLap
The MAD to NRT route is a brand new one and only starts on the 18th October - using brand new planes.

One can view these as inaugural fare offers with extremely limited availability.

I would be very surprised if anybody who tried to put a deposit down to hold one of these fares actually gets one. Perhaps there are OTAs who tried to deal with these tickets as if they were ordinary fares: made the reservation, went about payment according to their usual administration procedures (and being a U.S. CC, it may well have taken longer/been more complicated and thus set aside), and by the time they got around to finalising their client's bookings found that the promotion was ended (as seats available were limited).

Good point LapLap, and it makes me even more upset to have missed the trip!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by LapLap

True on that last one.

However, in general the payment data is taken and a (pre-authorisation) query is sent to the billing handler, may it be AMEX, Barclaycard or whosoever. If it gets rejected you cannot complete the process. Thus, when they have a valid authorisation they likely go ahead to start the ticketing process of the already hold reservation. They might also issue a ticket BEFORE the final amount has been charged to the credit card as they have a valid authorisation to bill it. If they don't ticket until the card has actually been charged, then yes, they can cancel it. But even in that case there would still be a reservation made in the airline's system. If the airline flags this reservation as erroneous, they cannot issue tickets, but you shouldn't run into issues that availability dries up between having a confirmed reservation and ticketing.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, FB Gold
Booked via Iberia. No issues here sofar #keepsfringerscrossed
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvision
However, in general the payment data is taken and a (pre-authorisation) query is sent to the billing handler, may it be AMEX, Barclaycard or whosoever. If it gets rejected you cannot complete the process. Thus, when they have a valid authorisation they likely go ahead to start the ticketing process of the already hold reservation. They might also issue a ticket BEFORE the final amount has been charged to the credit card as they have a valid authorisation to bill it. If they don't ticket until the card has actually been charged, then yes, they can cancel it. But even in that case there would still be a reservation made in the airline's system. If the airline flags this reservation as erroneous, they cannot issue tickets, but you shouldn't run into issues that availability dries up between having a confirmed reservation and ticketing.
Thank you, I appreciate your explanation (I was just guessing - and also playing at Devil's advocate - I WANT this to be a promo fare, even if it isn't).

flynl - welcome to Flyertalk! Good (and hopeful) to know that your directly booked with IB booking is still holding up.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I booked it on flipo.de and got both PNR and eTicket.

But I cannot use PNR to manage the booking on iberia.com. However, I can use PNR to lookup the flights on ba.com, qatarairways.com.

Of course, I can use this PNR to lookup my trip on viewtrip.com because the OTA uses Galileo system.

Anyway, my booking is still confirmed and ticketed.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Same issue with iberia.com here. Their IT system and especially the website is BAD. Even the old United site was way better...

Last edited by cvision; Jan 20, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AA EXP; A3 Gold; DL Plat, AZ Freccia Alata; Hertz PC
I had my booking from yesterday on hold on Iberia website and just completed payment without problems.

I'll be connecting from FCO and fly on the inaugural flight IB6801 on Oct. 18th MAD-NRT and on the way back to MUC for 250,03 EUR.

The booking classes are V for FCO-MAD and MAD-NRT and S for the way back NRT-MAD and MAD-MUC, giving 50% miles and EQM's = 7587 EQM's and 15174 award miles for me as AA Platinum. Not too bad!

Anyone else flying on board the inaugural flight?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexzl
I had my booking from yesterday on hold on Iberia website and just completed payment without problems.
That makes me feel extremely optimistic!

Sloppy seconds for us
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I got Q outbound and S inbound, only 75TP but 24K avios. It's impossible to check booking class when buying on Iberia, I couldn't find it. Checked on Quantas website later.

MAD-NRT-FRA was 192 euro (Ł147) for November dates.

Is there 24h cancellation rule for Iberia? I did search online but can't see a lot of information. There's something about 24h cancellation when booking on a phone.
24k avios?? no impossible;you sould have an silver card i think beacause the normal avios is around 6k
am i right?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
It was calculation for BA Gold.

1025 avios, 5tp, BRU-MAd
10095, 20tp, MAD-NRT
12117, 40tp, NRT-MAD
1326, 10tp, MAD-FRA

Total 24563.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Jan 20, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:19 pm

I've confirmed my on hold booking from yesterday and so far so good. I was even able to selected my seats as BAEC silver.

Fingers crossed
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:13 am

I am booked on this, I cannot see anywhere mention of what baggage allowance is. Does anyone know?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by willismac
I am booked on this, I cannot see anywhere mention of what baggage allowance is. Does anyone know?
Standard IB allowance for economy
http://www.iberia.com/es/luggage/allowance-in-hold/
+ if you have OWE, OWS or OWR
http://www.iberia.com/web/product.do...adrigam=EQUFRA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.