Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo-(Moscow)-Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Tokyo-(Moscow)-Paris

We recently fly off and on with Aeroflot given some of the cheap fares they have been offering to Europe originating in Japan. I just recently booked a 471 U.S. Dollars/ person for the summer return trip from Tokyo via Moscow to Paris for15 days in late July! A similar fare is available to Milan for slightly different dates. We just returned from Spain recently after a Christmas visit for roughly the same price. I booked both trips directly with Aeroflot. Miles gained 12408 return to Paris.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:03 am

Hope your layover is not too tight cause baggage might get lost on Moscow transfers
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
My baggage didn't get lost on my Sheremetyevo transfer when I flew Aeroflot.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

It was about 90 minutes to 2 hours this past trip. We have flown through Moscow a number of times, and the airport there has improved each time. We also have access to the business lounges now, which makes waiting a lot easier (though the lounges are a bit on the scruffy side with few food choices, but they do have PCs available to use).

So no worries with the luggage, it's checked all the way through. The two times we've had problems was arriving in London (from the U.S.) and when transferring in the U.S. (we were put on an earlier flight).
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kasmersensei
It was about 90 minutes to 2 hours this past trip. We have flown through Moscow a number of times, and the airport there has improved each time. We also have access to the business lounges now, which makes waiting a lot easier (though the lounges are a bit on the scruffy side with few food choices, but they do have PCs available to use).

So no worries with the luggage, it's checked all the way through. The two times we've had problems was arriving in London (from the U.S.) and when transferring in the U.S. (we were put on an earlier flight).
Both times weren't on Aeroflot..

Notes to the mods: is it possible to add the price to the thread title? Thanks in advance, only noticed later that it was missing.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:53 am

Oh my experience is very different. Was solved quite fast and delivered home but good to keep some things you really need out of your check in. Happened one time to myself, and one time to a friend I was picking up at the airport and was not the only person on that flight. (these are my only two personal SU experiences so a 100% hit rate for me) From Korea, Japan and China so multiple connections. I figure there is some issue. Most seem to have been tight connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.