Wiki Posts
Search

UA: MSP-PVG, $662 ai rt, island hopper possible

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

This is not the cheapest fare from MSP-PVG right now (Alaska/Hainan has some dates at just under $600, and Delta also has matched the UA fare at around $660). But you can get the island hopper on this fare. The dates are a bit tricky -- GUM-PVG is on Sunday and Thursday, and the island hopper is MWF (with one less stop on Wed.). So to get the hopper and make the GUM-PVG connection, you can only depart on W from HNL westbound, and only depart Su or Th. eastbound.

It's also not the best for a pure MR as the cheapest fare on UA requires a 10-day min. stay, and you'll also need a visa if you don't already have it. I just booked a trip in Mar. with the island hopper in both directions for $683 rt ai -- I've been waiting for a long time to ride the hopper and this is a great price if you've got the visa and time.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, JetSmarter Simple, BA Silver, UA Premier Silver
Are you searching

MSP-GUM
GUM-PVG
PVG-MSP?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
I searched MSP-HNL; HNL-PVG; PVG-HNL; HNL-MSP, directly through UA.com (Google Flights weren't pulling up the hopper flight).
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:14 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

Can you please mention the date range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.