Search

AA: LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA - $616, 18k miles, 3.4cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA EP, Delta Platinum
AA: LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA - $616, 16824k miles, 3.7cpm

Hello,

My first mileage run post so please go easy on me.

I found LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA for $616, 16824 EQM(I believe), 3.7cpm

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA

http://goo.gl/flights/dq3F

Thank you BOogie711 - I have corrected the EQM and cpm.

Last edited by gujuraja; Oct 29, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Very nice!! ^
Thanks for posting this.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It's actually 16,824 EQM - the Dragonair flight will not accrue miles.

It's still a good fare at approx 3.7cpm.

Can anyone confirm if you need a Chinese Visa if you're entering Peking from Hong Kong and proceeding to the USA?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
^

Very similar to what I booked out of my home airport CAE for early Dec (6-9th):

CAE-DFW-PVG-HKG // HKG-DFW-CAE, $644 ai

Trying to figure out where to credit the KA flight PVG-HGK since AA won't give me any miles for it.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Boogie711
Can anyone confirm if you need a Chinese Visa if you're entering Peking from Hong Kong and proceeding to the USA?
If you're holding a US/Canadian passport, you are eligible for TWOV. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...er-thread.html
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
I found another date to route via SFO but I can't do it anymore. Did anyone else find a long route to maximize the miles?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Boogie711
It's actually 16,824 EQM - the Dragonair flight will not accrue miles.

It's still a good fare at approx 3.7cpm.

Are you sure KA will not accrue AA miles? I see lots of search results that it will.
You can transit through China as long as you are not returning directly back to the departure country.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Are you sure KA will not accrue AA miles? I see lots of search results that it will.
You can transit through China as long as you are not returning directly back to the departure country.

From http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...hayPacific.jsp

"Earn elite-qualifying AAdvantage miles when you fly on Cathay Pacific marketed and operated flights as well as Cathay Pacific codeshare flights operated by oneworld carriers and affiliates."

You can only get DragonAir credit if its a codeshare.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by linglingfool
If you're holding a US/Canadian passport, you are eligible for TWOV. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...er-thread.html
I have done this three times in the last two years. How easy this is seems to depend on your arrival terminal.

One arrival was on MH from KUL and at Passport Control there was a marked line for 72 hour transit visa. The line was short and it only took a few minutes to get the Visa.

Another time I arrived on a AA flight from ORD. Getting through passport Control was very difficult. There was no marked line. The first line I got in for Foreign Passports resulted in me getting admonished for being in the wrong line.

I was sent to a line down the other end that seemed to be for problem solving. If this was the case they did not do a good job. I was sent to sit down and wait while the higher ups were consulted. After about half an hour an AA representative arrived and talked to the higher up guys. He dropped by where I was and mumbled something largely in Chinese... and indicated that I should be patient and wait. Eventually after another 20 minute wait I had my visa.

Perhaps things have improved.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by gujuraja
Hello,

My first mileage run post so please go easy on me.

I found LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA for $616, 16824 EQM(I believe), 3.7cpm

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LGA-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-LGA

http://goo.gl/flights/dq3F

Thank you BOogie711 - I have corrected the EQM and cpm.

Some advice for anyone booking this MR...

The Dragon Air Flight gets into PEK at 2 am.... allowing at least an hour to get through passport control that puts you a 3.00 am...

For the 10am return flight you would have to be at the terminal at 8am.. This leaves 5 hours to get luggage, get a taxi to a hotel, check-in, checkout, and get back to the terminal.

An alternative is an hourly hotel inside the terminal used by AA. Its reasonable in cost, not far from the AA Gate, clean and fairly comfortable.

The only issue is that the hotel is on the outbound level of the airport. So you have to go through passport control get on the train to the luggage area, then use your boarding pass (you need to get this in Hong Kong) to get into the secured part of the airport, this time on the outbound level, go through security, go through passport control, get on the train to the terminal, go through security... the hotel in ahead and to the right. It iis signposted.

I have done this at about 10 pm. I am not sure if security etc is open at 3 am. You would need to check this.

Also you need to get to the gate early and present your boarding pass. I was flying in J and was hanging out in the CX Business Class Lounge until just before boarding time. When I tried to board with the J passengers I got pulled out of the line when I presented my boarding pass. Apparently when I had not checked in up front they gave my seat away to a Y passenger as they were overbooked. I eventually got my seat back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.