Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

AA: ORD – DFW – HKG - PEK $580 17K miles 3.5 cpm

Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by zig2
It seems that I can't replicate it around thanksgiving .
I booked a Thanksgiving run a couple hours ago and it's still available for $514 on aa.com.

11/27 or 11/28 SFO-DFW-HKG AA
12/1 HKG-PEK-DFW-SFO KA/AA

Last edited by Dude; Oct 17, 2015 at 12:34 am
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Thanks for the tip. I like it. I'm adding this to my bag of tricks. I'll price out the HKG-PEK segment & see how much time it saves me. I haven't flown the 787 yet, but from the reviews it sounds like the 77W (which I've flown) has a much better J cabin even though the upgrades are a lot harder.
More important 77W has the best MCE cabin.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by mikelat
I can't seem to find any out of SEA via BOS for under $1k
Just purchased SEA-DFW-ORD-PEK-HKG//PEK-ORD-SEA for $578. Nov 10, return Nov 17. Intentionally wanted the ORD-PEK-ORD as the chance for upgrade is much better.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
More important 77W has the best MCE cabin.
And that is important since on the 77W you will most likely be sitting in the MCE cabin. But with the 787 and 777 you have a much better shot at sitting in J if you choose your date of week and O/D carefully.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by whimike
And that is important since on the 77W you will most likely be sitting in the MCE cabin. But with the 787 and 777 you have a much better shot at sitting in J if you choose your date of week and O/D carefully.
What are best choices for getting an SWU to upgrade?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thepla
IIRC, its been Tues/Wed with better odds. But I don't think any are all that great these days. Wish it was a while ago when I was able to confirm SWU at time of booking for 7 R/Ts including DFW/HKG. They're a lot less available in advance now.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
For fully lie-flat:

DFW-PEK appears pretty easy for mid-week flights.

Then DFW-PVG is next then LAX-PVG.

DFW-HKG I have given up on.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It seems angle lie flat ord to pek is easy for swu. I think I'd rather be in that seat guaranteed then hoping for an upgrade.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:05 pm

It seems angle lie flat ord to pek is easy for swu. I think I'd rather be in that seat guaranteed then hoping for an upgrade.
My upgrade on points ORD-PEK was very easy. Many seats went out empty.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: SQ
I was able to price out BOS-JFK-LAX-PHX-DFW-PEK-ORD-PHX-ORD-BOS for around $628.

That's 21.5k miles and 2.9 CPM. It seems to be a lot easier to route the PEK flights all over the place than the HKG ones, although HKG itself will automatically generate a few more miles. I was able to route the PEK flights easily through MIA or SEA or LAX, then onto DFW/ORD for the flight to PEK - HKG wasn't as easy, particularly the $504 fares.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Just purchased SEA-DFW-ORD-PEK-HKG//PEK-ORD-SEA for $578. Nov 10, return Nov 17. Intentionally wanted the ORD-PEK-ORD as the chance for upgrade is much better.
Good one! Also the more segments the better ,of course .are you making PEK or HKG your destination? I've never been to China,but I remember hearing one needs a visa ,HKG is on arrival
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:44 pm

Just book the below for USD 508, my flight to BOS from EWR is USD 330...
BOS-DFW-HKG 11/10
HKG-PEK-DFW-BOS 11/13
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by schilpa
Good one! Also the more segments the better ,of course .are you making PEK or HKG your destination? I've never been to China,but I remember hearing one needs a visa ,HKG is on arrival
HKG is the outbound final destination. You don't need a visa if traveling to another country (I think HKG counts) but rather use the 72 hour TWOV.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
HKG is the outbound final destination. You don't need a visa if traveling to another country (I think HKG counts) but rather use the 72 hour TWOV.
I think both is the same thing, you are leaving china and traveling to another country with in 72 hours.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I was able to price out BOS-JFK-LAX-PHX-DFW-PEK-ORD-PHX-ORD-BOS for around $628.

That's 21.5k miles and 2.9 CPM. It seems to be a lot easier to route the PEK flights all over the place than the HKG ones, although HKG itself will automatically generate a few more miles. I was able to route the PEK flights easily through MIA or SEA or LAX, then onto DFW/ORD for the flight to PEK - HKG wasn't as easy, particularly the $504 fares.
benzemalyonnais can you explain/breakdown BOS-JFK-LAX-PHX-DFW-PEK-ORD-PHX-ORD-BOS for me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.