Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ba/aa ams-hnl 3,2 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
OTA as they still "control" the booking if its more then 24hrs to flight time

I allready flew one of my 4 booked itinearies without issues but mine was 100% AA
Should have never booked it with Travelgenio (came up on Kayak)
It's not possible to mail them and they are not very helpful on the phone, they initially told me that I had to check with the airline.

Iberia informed me that the flight leg was cancelled but it was ticketed by AA and that I had to contact them.
AA was very helpful but they were only allowed to change the ticket for the same city pair and fare basis. No flight was available for the whole week

So called the OTA again and it took them a while before they figures out one of the flights was cancelled from my booking. The agent said she found a flight 1 day later HNL - PHX - PHL - AMS but that had to be confirmed by AA and they will email me the confirmation. After 1 day I received another schedule change by mail but it was still the same, with the missing HNL - LAX flight.
Think I'll give them another call today, even their website seems to be offline at the moment.

Is there anything else I can ask for, maybe try AA again or should I just take the full refund?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by powerpuffy
Should have never booked it with Travelgenio (came up on Kayak)
It's not possible to mail them and they are not very helpful on the phone, they initially told me that I had to check with the airline.

Iberia informed me that the flight leg was cancelled but it was ticketed by AA and that I had to contact them.
AA was very helpful but they were only allowed to change the ticket for the same city pair and fare basis. No flight was available for the whole week

So called the OTA again and it took them a while before they figures out one of the flights was cancelled from my booking. The agent said she found a flight 1 day later HNL - PHX - PHL - AMS but that had to be confirmed by AA and they will email me the confirmation. After 1 day I received another schedule change by mail but it was still the same, with the missing HNL - LAX flight.
Think I'll give them another call today, even their website seems to be offline at the moment.

Is there anything else I can ask for, maybe try AA again or should I just take the full refund?

I learned my lesson with OTA bookings the hard way and will not book complex tix with them anymore

At this price I would keep working with ota and if it doesnt work escalate with AA to see what can be do e if ota refuses to help... Ot should be a no brainer since they cancelled a flight a feroute should be made available...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I learned my lesson with OTA bookings the hard way and will not book complex tix with them anymore

At this price I would keep working with ota and if it doesnt work escalate with AA to see what can be do e if ota refuses to help... Ot should be a no brainer since they cancelled a flight a feroute should be made available...
Had exactly the same problem for two of my bookings because AA270 HNL/LAX doesn't exist anymore on Sundays, at least in February....
Luckily all my bookings were made through AA and ExP Desk was extremely helpful !!
I'll stay one extra night - paid by AA - in LAX before flying to LHR.
Cherry on the cake, all flights from initial booking already upgraded with SWU have also been upgraded with the new bookings including those with no SWU available... Nice gesture from AA
But I complained a lot before because BA was the only one informing me about the cancellation...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:22 am

It took the OTA 5 days but got the confirmation in my mail today!
They kept clear of IB and got me on a next day all AA flight HNL - PHX - PHL - AMS.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by powerpuffy
It took the OTA 5 days but got the confirmation in my mail today!
They kept clear of IB and got me on a next day all AA flight HNL - PHX - PHL - AMS.
Thats a long time on a 757 😱 Heh I did that recently. Seat 6E is your friend and iPad as no ife
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Hi,

I'm on Flight #638 - Boeing 757-200 OGG-PHX and chose 5F, it shows as main cabin extra but I'm not sure it's real one.

And then on Flight #798 - Boeing 757 PHL - AMS and chose 4F. I assume 6E is the one without anything in front of it but it's middle seat. Was this flight bad?

I did some research before choosing these seats.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Hi,

I'm on Flight #638 - Boeing 757-200 OGG-PHX and chose 5F, it shows as main cabin extra but I'm not sure it's real one.

And then on Flight #798 - Boeing 757 PHL - AMS and chose 4F. I assume 6E is the one without anything in front of it but it's middle seat. Was this flight bad?

6E on the 757 is a 2 seat pair half nothing on the other side and extra leggroom.

757 as a whole is a toilet 😂😂😂 that said I still have a few flights on it two more of these booked for next year. One flown
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:54 am

Yes, I know 757 is crap but had no choice when buying tickets for certain dates during this "promotion".
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:22 am

Yes, I know 757 is crap but had no choice when buying tickets for certain dates during this "promotion".
This was my first experience on one other then holiday charters

But the double row on 6 Is. Good choice imho
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thankfully, with my ORY-LHR-LAX-HNL run, I was on the 77W. Whew..
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:56 am

Hi,

Boeing 757-200 OGG-PHX, 5F - good seat, extra space for legs below divider, only on window seat. But in the end moved to empty row 7 and slept on 3 seats. Plane had 30-50% load.

Boeing 757 PHL - AMS, 4F - bad choice. Divider in front limits space and it's impossible to stretch legs. 4C and 4D are good, no divider in front. Middle seat was empty but in this old plane arm rest is like a wall between the seats. You can't move it upright.

Also had A330-300 on PHX - PHL and seat in row 8 was good, a lot of space.

I'm definitely going to avoid Hawaii - PHX - PHL route. Crap, ex-US Airways planes and no showers in PHX or PHL lounges.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Nov 23, 2015 at 4:50 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IC Platinum Ambassador
I flew AMS-LHR-LAX-HNL this past weekend, flew out of AMS on Saturday morning, flew out of HNL Sunday morning and got back home in Antwerp (Belgium), last night. All legs in economy... my butt hurts haha, but I got just over 36K in miles for $ 437, so I'm not complaining.

I was on seats 16H and 16C on the TATL flight, was doable especially the 16C seat. Actually my first ever mileage run and I enjoyed it haha!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:37 am

I flew on my last ticket from this "promotion". This time to Alaska. Got free upgrade to World Traveler plus on BA LHR-SEA due to economy being oversold. Also was able to get paid uprade on Alaska Airlines FAI-SEA for $100.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
I flew on my last ticket from this "promotion". This time to Alaska. Got free upgrade to World Traveler plus on BA LHR-SEA due to economy being oversold. Also was able to get paid uprade on Alaska Airlines FAI-SEA for $100.
Great that you got the upgrade, probably 'cos your BAEC Gold.
I still have my two trips ahead of me in March/April and the second one in May.

I thought about using the two trips to get status with AA (challenge), however the problem is that I would be flying without any status at all until reaching gold and only then I would be able to enjoy some benefits. Also when completing the challenge before June, the status is only good for the rest of the year. Who knows whether I would be using it then at all.
I guess I should rather try to get a status match from Air Berlin/Topbonus and then I would be enjoying the benefits right from the start and the match would not even cost money unlike the AA challenge.

Any thoughts on that?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:24 am

Yes, upgrade was def. due to BAEC Gold. I talked to customer services in the lounge and they told me I'm on upgrade list and an hour later could see in mobile app that my seat changed to World Traveler Plus. But it was only due to flight being oversold. On return there were seat available in economy so no upgrade.

I think status match to Air Berlin is not bad option. If you have any AA flights, then you will be able to choose MCE seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.