Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-SIN from $747 ai (20,106, 3.71 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Searchable on Google Flights
Seems to be limited to Monday-Thursday departures
Depart September 9 through December 9

Eliminating airport changes and overnight layovers, the lowest cpm I can find is 3.66 - JFK-SEA-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK 20,549 miles for $751.20

Or, 1-stop JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK for $746.70 for 20,106 miles 3.71 cpm
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Booked LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-MSP-LGA for $820
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
^ Interesting routing! Were you looking to do a transcon from LAX-LGA anyways?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
^ Interesting routing! Were you looking to do a transcon from LAX-LGA anyways?
No booked a cheap award position MSP-LAX, I am based in MSP so will prob walk off during the layover. Id done a longer version of this run before but after the schedule changes earlier this year its no longer possible to fly back NRT-JFK and then head back to LAX and catch the redeye to MSP.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: DL PM, AMEX DL RSV
MQM penalty?

Booked for $751. Have to use miles to get to JFK as live in DTW but interestingly the return is SIN-NRT-DTW-JFK. Thinking about just getting off plane in DTW. Was going to be 16k short of platinum but good now.

Any concerns if get off plane in DTW of a penalty taking away MQM?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bob17412
Booked for $751. Have to use miles to get to JFK as live in DTW but interestingly the return is SIN-NRT-DTW-JFK. Thinking about just getting off plane in DTW. Was going to be 16k short of platinum but good now.

Wish I could help, but I don't have any experience with skipping the last leg on Delta.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:24 pm

Wish I could help, but I don't have any experience with skipping the last leg on Delta.
If you 'miss' a leg, it and all subsequent legs are canceled. Not a problem if its the last one you dont need. You wont earn Miles/MQM for that last leg either.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Hey! a fellow DTWer. I've been looking at booking this so I could secure my platinum status match. This might sound a bit presumptuous, but if you want to PM me your itinerary, so long as I can swing the dates I'd appreciate having the company. I have a handful of club passes, and free parking at DTW through work. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in having a tag-along.

And to answer your question, that's technically "hidden city ticketing" which the airlines can get pretty upset about sometimes, especially if it's abused (I've heard of people being banned from the airline and/or having their FF accounts whipped.) I have a trip to EU booked out of YYZ on Delta metal next year, the return trip has a layover in DTW, I was considering the same thing, but I'd be pissed if I satus match and then get shut-down immediately after!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I am looking at booking this now, but can't get delta.dumb to do it. Did you have to call to have it ticketed?

It's showing in Google Flights, and there's X availability on all the flights, but I can't set search to ticket together, even with multi city.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:17 pm

Searchable on Google Flights
Seems to be limited to Monday-Thursday departures
Depart September 9 through December 9

Eliminating airport changes and overnight layovers, the lowest cpm I can find is 3.66 - JFK-SEA-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK 20,549 miles for $751.20

Or, 1-stop JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK for $746.70 for 20,106 miles 3.71 cpm
I have this booked with a 6 hr layover in SIN but i'm thinking of changing to a 1 day stay. is SIN worth a 1 day stay?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by maudline9
I have this booked with a 6 hr layover in SIN but i'm thinking of changing to a 1 day stay. is SIN worth a 1 day stay?
Having done this run a few times now, yes if you can do it you should. Each time ive booked a room at the transit hotel to get some sleep, but you still dont get to it till 12:30-1AMish and then have to be up and out around 5 to get to the flight, netting you only around 4 hours of real rest. Its much better to do a day or two if your schedule allows it
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by scracer14
I am looking at booking this now, but can't get delta.dumb to do it. Did you have to call to have it ticketed?

It's showing in Google Flights, and there's X availability on all the flights, but I can't set search to ticket together, even with multi city.
I ended up calling to book because i was using a credit which the site wouldnt take. In general you can get it through kayak and click through that to DL.com to book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.