Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

AA: SFO/EWR/IAH/IAD/ORD to BOG $264+ ai rt

Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Most of these flights require an RON somewhere - and I don't have the will power to burn an EVIP or miles/copay on an A319 biz seat.......and almost 6 hours in coach (shudders)
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Most of these flights require an RON somewhere - and I don't have the will power to burn an EVIP or miles/copay on an A319 biz seat.......and almost 6 hours in coach (shudders)
our return has a 10 hour stop in DFW. i figure we will just ask to be put on SBY for an earlier flight.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Bogota is a bargain right now. Peso has lost almost 50% of its value over the last year.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by mspel
So if I try to do more than 3 segments on Google Flights I get perpetual reprising: once I click submit on the first page the price goes up and then back down indefinitely. Has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes?
I have the same problem if I try to include any city in the northeast ( JFK, CLT, etc. ).

I wonder if they've somehow blocked ticketing via those cities. Going SFO-DFW/MIA-BOG works fine.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by dordal
I have the same problem if I try to include any city in the northeast ( JFK, CLT, etc. ).

I wonder if they've somehow blocked ticketing via those cities. Going SFO-DFW/MIA-BOG works fine.
Had the same problem on AA.com, so I ended up booking through Expedia.

SFO-JFK-MIA-BOG and return the same way. 302$, including a 1-night layover in NYC.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I've placed a few of these on hold. Anyone with any experiences doing these as a MR I'd love to hear how it went. I would be going down and staying the day, then leaving the following night/morning on the red eye back.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
Had the same problem on AA.com, so I ended up booking through Expedia.

SFO-JFK-MIA-BOG and return the same way. 302$, including a 1-night layover in NYC.
What days?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by mosquito
What days?
I assume you're asking about the layover.

My trip is in March (prefer not to write exact dates). Tuesday - 7:15 departure (SFO), 4 PM arrival (JFK). Wednesday - 1:30 PM departure (JFK). Hoping to spend the night in Manhattan and maybe catch a show or something.

On the return it's the 8:05 AM out of BOG and then a couple of hours connections in both MIA and JFK and same day arrival to SFO.

Used SWU for both legs.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:00 pm

Has anyone found a creative route out of DFW to max out miles without blowing it on cost?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Am trying to use citi TY points to book this out of SFO. Many of the best routings for me involve a very quick turnaround (e.g., arrive at 12:30 AM, and then depart one hour later at 1:30 AM). Clearly, this is the same plane in and out, but is it a feasible turnaround? Do you have to go through customs and immigration in BOG?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
There's been a discussion on whether you could do same-plan turns e.g. in BAQ and it was suggested that it wasn't possible as the layout/orga was just like BOG. Thus, you won't be able to get past immigrations, re-enter security and board within ~1.5 hours.
You MIGHT, but probably won't.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

I was able to book the fare to fly into Bogota and out of Cartagena for $270 for a vacation.

2/27-3/5 from DCA. 2 stops each way.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Managed to book SFO-JFK-MIA-BOG RT in V to get the 1.0 EQP for $360. Thanks OP! ^
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by texasrob
Has anyone found a creative route out of DFW to max out miles without blowing it on cost?
Fares from DFW to NYC are really inexpensive right now--$79 ow on many days, and even $41 on a few days. DFW to SFO is not bad either. Make sure on the return you book a connection through DFW.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by trh2h
I was able to book the fare to fly into Bogota and out of Cartagena for $270 for a vacation.

2/27-3/5 from DCA. 2 stops each way.
Hmmm... CTG and BAQ pricing high out of SFO. BOG still pricing well with O/W or R/T

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.