AA: DFW-DUB $529 ai; 5.6 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite

Piggybacking off of the DL fares out of DFW, AA/OW have matched to at least DUB. Maybe this is good for a "good fare in economy" but not a bad deal. Dates available all the way into next spring.

If you want, you can book on BA DFW-LHR-DUB for 10,500 miles (including minimum 500 miles for LHR-DUB) for $591. If you use the AARP and Chase discounts, you can get it down to $473 RT or 4.5 cpm.

Looks like its going to require a few night minimum in DUB.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
Also available for similar pricing to Rome, Amsterdam, and Madrid out of DFW on AA/US
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
bos-dub ~350
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Dates available all the way into next spring.

If you use the AARP and Chase discounts, you can get it down to $473 RT or 4.5 cpm.
Unfortunately Chase discount does not yet work for itineraries starting in 2016.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Unfortunately Chase discount does not yet work for itineraries starting in 2016.
Frustrating I know! Im holding off on several purchases due to that.

It appears that virtually all big AA cities are seeing fares in the $600 range (LAX, PHX, STL, DFW, etc) to Europe.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hnl-dub $533!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:13 pm

Gone?

Thanks, OP - managed to get MSY-ATH in March on hold for $725 ai.

Can't find it any more on Google Flights - may be gone. (Tried replicating bos-dub, and that's still around, but for many other routings, no luck).

Hope somebody can find it still alive...

Last edited by bucketlist; Aug 26, 2015 at 5:44 pm Reason: correct minor math error, still around - but limited routes
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Think it died totally around 7:30EST.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
Think it died totally around 7:30EST.
I think so. I was able to snag an MCI-DUB for $523.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I was looking for deals ex-sea but got caught up looking for best hotel prices. Should have just booked and then looked for hotels
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:36 pm

Deal may be alive, AA kills 'em on hold

Google flights shows some availability of good deals - not as extensive, but it's worth trying, as of a few minutes ago.

Went to look at my MSY...ATH reservation - it was no longer listed in "my trips" - never got an email confirming it was on hold, nor that it was cancelled.

Called AAngels - they said it had a time restriction of a few minutes after I'd put it on hold. Mentioned that I'd booked it like 2 hours ago and the HOLD button said I'd have 24 hours. The AAngel was able to confirm this and recreate it, at the crazy cheap fare, but it had to be ticketed on the spot- it could not be on hold for any time.

(the same thing happened a day ago, on a domestic ticket on hold w/ a promotional price of sorts involving US air flights - it was cancelled w/out notice and had to be recreated)

My point(s)
Deal may still be alive
If booked on AA, the HOLD may not work - the res. system seems to cancel any fare w/ a special promo price. It was rebooked for me, probably because of EXP status, and this should happen for others, but it may not.

Again OP, thanks for posting - off to help the Greek Economy next March!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks OP. Originally grabbed DL since RDU was included on that one but once OW matched was a no brainier to switch. Gotta decide which of 3 on hold is best but at $700/person for RDU - LHR - BRU // ATH - LHR - ORD/PHL - RDU, I am quite pleased given how terrible sAAver availability was on the dates I needed and carrier taxes and fees were within $200 of tb total cost
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA - Gold Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by aglp2k
What's the Chase discount? Did a search but didn't see anything.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by bucketlist
If booked on AA, the HOLD may not work - the res. system seems to cancel any fare w/ a special promo price. It was rebooked for me, probably because of EXP status, and this should happen for others, but it may not.
I booked a similar fare, SFO-PHL-AMS and back on AA/US for $625 (base fare was $1). Put it on hold when I spotted it this afternoon, and had no problem purchasing it this evening.

Still, with a $1 base fare I suppose they might try to cancel it on me. I hope that doesn't happen, but I'll be holding on to my backup award booking on UA just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.