Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-MEX $250ish.. Skyteam/ delta

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

PHL-MEX $250ish.. Skyteam/ delta

available on google flights.. plenty on almost whole year...
Old May 2, 2015, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

now price is dropped to $225.. a very good deal for Mexico...
Old May 2, 2015, 9:32 pm
2mg

I got $218 and then Delta decided to run site maintenance ;-)
Old May 2, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just tried to price it through and the site is down... a few days down Mexico way sounds nice though.

i was confirmed and ticketed with Expedia!

Last edited by dantorsiello; May 3, 2015 at 9:27 am
Old May 3, 2015, 8:44 am
2mg

In for one...

Thanks OP.
It is still available. I got one for $218.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2mg
Thanks OP.
It is still available. I got one for $218.
Fantastic fare. It earns almost no Skymiles, though.

I'm sure lots of people are scared to go to MEX, but I read somewhere that MEX has a lower murder rate than Philly!
Old May 3, 2015, 12:22 pm

If you go to Toluca airport instead (I've never tried that), you can get the price down to $196 (overnight in Atlanta, though).
Old May 3, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
This is beginning to disappear, it's starting to reprice after selecting return flight on Google
Old May 3, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by iahphx

I'm sure lots of people are scared to go to MEX, but I read somewhere that MEX has a lower murder rate than Philly!
Yeah, much fear is probably caused by the violence in numerous Mexican cities or
regions, but Mexico City is actually pretty safe for prepared travelers. I just came back and Centro Historico feels as safe as downtown NYC during daytime.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usuario
Yeah, much fear is probably caused by the violence in numerous Mexican cities or
regions, but Mexico City is actually pretty safe for prepared travelers. I just came back and Centro Historico feels as safe as downtown NYC during daytime.
Yeah, I spent a half hour reading about it last night and that seems to be the general opinion of sophisticated travelers.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:01 pm
2mg

You mean redeemable SkyMiles? You still get qualifying, yes? I know I'm an idiot to be asking - but I'm royally confused by all of the changes DL has made to their program.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Originally Posted by WillTravel
If you go to Toluca airport instead (I've never tried that), you can get the price down to $196 (overnight in Atlanta, though).
TLC is a very quiet airport about 1-hr drive from Mexico DF. There is a bus company called Caminante offers ride to Observatorio (a metro station west of Mexico DF) every 20mins or so. Tickets can be bought at the bus company's counter in the airport at 80 MXN (~6USD). I've taken this ride several times, most recent experience is this March, can't complain. This link is a bit out of date - http://www.tmt-caminante.com.mx/
This is a really nice deal considering the fact that Mexico tourist tax + US immigration tax will be at least $90. So sad that I just saw this deal and it seems dead..
Old May 3, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2mg
You mean redeemable SkyMiles? You still get qualifying, yes? I know I'm an idiot to be asking - but I'm royally confused by all of the changes DL has made to their program.
Yes, qualifying miles (MQM's) are still based on miles flown. But you also need to meet the MQD thresholds or spend $25K on a DL Amex card for the MQD waiver to earn status.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
TLC is a very quiet airport about 1-hr drive from Mexico DF. There is a bus company called Caminante offers ride to Observatorio (a metro station west of Mexico DF) every 20mins or so. Tickets can be bought at the bus company's counter in the airport at 80 MXN (~6USD). I've taken this ride several times, most recent experience is this March, can't complain. This link is a bit out of date - http://www.tmt-caminante.com.mx/
This is a really nice deal considering the fact that Mexico tourist tax + US immigration tax will be at least $90. So sad that I just saw this deal and it seems dead..
It's wide open. I had to cancel my original but just booked PHL-ATL-MTY-TLC-MTY-DTW-PHL for 8/26 to 8/31 for $203.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:29 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by usuario
Yeah, much fear is probably caused by the violence in numerous Mexican cities or regions, but Mexico City is actually pretty safe for prepared travelers. I just came back and Centro Historico feels as safe as downtown NYC during daytime.
Yeah, I spent a half hour reading about it last night and that seems to be the general opinion of sophisticated travelers.
Been a few times over the years, and it's very safe unless you are very wealthy and someone knows about it.

If this were ex Texas, I'd be all over it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.