Reload this Page >

LH/LX/BA: DUS/QDU-HKG via Expedia.com.hk €357-€374 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/BA: DUS/QDU-HKG via Expedia.com.hk €357-€374 return

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by Vanilla320
bullsh*t, website over is only another one which copy deals from others blogs. And for sure already steal tricks from here and publish it out! Shame.
grow up
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
So people saw it earlier on other blogs, but decided not to share it here?

Great... lurkers complaining about the blogs taking deals and sharing it... at least they share it.^
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker
This forum is like talking to my kid sometimes.
Stay connected for the opportunities.

Linger for the humor.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by BobKop
So people saw it earlier on other blogs, but decided not to share it here?

Great... lurkers complaining about the blogs taking deals and sharing it... at least they share it.^
Not really what happened. An FT member known to promote his useless blog posted a generic title like "Error Fare: Germany-Asia OTA error" and then a link to the blog. No details about the deal were contained in the post, only a link. It was reported to the mods and the entire thread was deleted. That was about 2 hours before you posted this.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Not really what happened. An FT member known to promote his useless blog posted a generic title like "Error Fare: Germany-Asia OTA error" and then a link to the blog. No details about the deal were contained in the post, only a link. It was reported to the mods and the entire thread was deleted. That was about 2 hours before you posted this.
thank you for the explanation. Good to know who makes money on killing such (very long-living in this case) deal.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
To get an additional 10% off using a BAPP card you'd need to book directly on the BA website wouldn't you ?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
To get an additional 10% off using a BAPP card you'd need to book directly on the BA website wouldn't you ?
A what? If you have BA's premium CC with double avios per XYZ spent, you'll get these avios no matter where you book, it just needs to be ticketed on BA stock.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by cvision
A what? If you have BA's premium CC with double avios per XYZ spent, you'll get these avios no matter where you book, it just needs to be ticketed on BA stock.
Sorry, should have addressed this more directly but thought someone else might know.

Frudd38 states "so another 10% off on all BA metal with the BA card, nice."

I was presuming Frudd38 was referring to the BAPP (British Airways Premium Plus) Amex card for a 10% discount off the BA flight. However I am under the impression that the flights only qualify for the 10% discount if they are purchased on the BA site directly.

Frudd38.......????
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:33 pm

I have a rookie question about transfering in HKG.
If I land with BA at 1:35pm, and my next flight with Hong Kong Airlines to Hanoi leaves at 3:50pm - will 2h15m be enough for me to get my luggage and check-in again? How fast will I have to run? I assume BA won't check it all the way through since they are not OW - even though it is the same PNR

Last edited by Sebz4n; Apr 4, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:09 pm

If you got that flight on the same PNR they should check it through. You might need to go to an HK Airlines counter to make sure they know of your luggage and handle it.
All BA needs is some sort of interline-agreement with the other airline. E.g. BA can check your luggage through to VS flights, as well as Lufthansa should be able to do that with DL/BA or whatever airline.

If you hold SEPARATE itineraries, they are more likely to check it through if it stays within the same airline/alliance.

And if they sell you flights on one ticket, they most likely are within the minimum connection time at those airports. (but you might need to factor in time with immigration/customs on your own)

Last edited by cvision; Apr 4, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:24 pm

If you hold SEPARATE itineraries, they are more likely to check it through if it stays within the same airline/alliance.

And if they sell you flights on one ticket, they most likely are within the minimum connection time at those airports.
It is a multi-stop ticket:
CPH-HKG (via LHR with BA)
2h15m between flights
HKG-HAN (Direct with Hong Kong Airlines)
32 days between flights
SGN-HKG (Direct with Vietnam Air...)
2 days between flights
HKG-CPH (via LHR with BA)

It is the same PNR, but if my BA flight is just a tiny bit late I probably won't make it. Do you really think they will check it all the way through? Not sure if I should try and change it
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

I think they should and will, if the next flight is within 24h or so which is the case. But to be sure you could call them - to make sure it doesn't kill the deal, I'd create a dummy case (like flying on a multi-city ticket from LHR-JFK and then 2:30h later with DL/jetBlue to Buffalo) and ask them - or even try it without exact flights.

Last time I booked a multi-city trip with 3 "separate" flights a day, they also just saw my "final" destination and I had to point out the other ones, although that was AA domestic US.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:44 pm

I think they should and will, if the next flight is within 24h or so which is the case.
Just looked it up, and Hong Kong Airlines does not have an interline agreement with BA: http://www.hongkongairlines.com/en_J...checkedbaggage

So I think I may be out of luck on that one
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:52 pm

Then just go for heavy handbaggage if you can. BA allows (up to) 23kg as I remember correctly.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by BobKop
Shame on me... Totally forgot to thank you for the info !!!
Was able to book two tickets CDG-HKG-KUL with all segments on BA - and 15.572 miles - for slightly more than 411€ for each ticket.
GREAT deal !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.