Hi,

another find:
http://www.kayak.com/flights/MXP-EZE...-14/2015-05-28

sample dates:
5/14-4/28

Via JFK/US east coast.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
These Europe-S.America fares have been around for a while. It's a pain to have to go through US immigration. But if you can work in a stopover (in this case, visit NYC, or if you live here, go home ) then it's a great way to get two trips for the price of one.

Not sure I'd want to do two ten hour flights in a row in Y, but that's just me, I'm spoiled.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
MXP-GRU (Sao Paulo) is even less expensive... available for $530 (sample dates May 6-19).

10-day minimum, 30-day maximum stay. But it allows one free stopover, so for folks who can come home (JFK, for example) in the middle, this may make sense.

Last edited by gary_nj; Feb 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm Reason: add fare rules
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Nice find OP. JKF - GRU will also get you on the 77W. Great way to use a couple of SWE's (if they are available)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Anyone find a way of routing this through DFW?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: US,UA
sorry, but help me out here. if there is a minimum stay of say 10 days, doesnt that imply the stay is in EXE? how can it be "home" in JFK?

i'm at LAX, trying to work this. if i position to JFK, can i do MXP and EXE?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by cglass
sorry, but help me out here. if there is a minimum stay of say 10 days, doesnt that imply the stay is in EXE? how can it be "home" in JFK?

This is a MXP-JFK-EZE fare, what makes you think you could pick it up in JFK?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
if i position to JFK, can i do MXP and EXE?
Of course you can...but not on this fare.

You can't eat your second piece of cake before your first.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA

The minimum stay of 10 days means that your return from South America must start no earlier than 10 days after you depart Europe on the outbound trip. The fare allows one stopover for "free". So, for a person who lives near JFK (or any other connection point allowed on the fare), he or she can start in MXP, fly the segment to JFK, go home for a week, then fly onward to South America and back to Milan.

If you are going to position, you would need to position to Milan... the trip must start there.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by gary_nj
The minimum stay of 10 days means that your return from South America must start no earlier than 10 days after you depart Europe on the outbound trip. The fare allows one stopover for "free". So, for a person who lives near JFK (or any other connection point allowed on the fare), he or she can start in MXP, fly the segment to JFK, go home for a week, then fly onward to South America and back to Milan.

If you are going to position, you would need to position to Milan... the trip must start there.
If you live in NYC you could nest this itinerary within a JFK-MXP roundtrip. Of course I don't know what those are pricing at.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Let's say I decide to end up in JFK as opposed to going back to MXP on the return leg.

Can I book MXP-JFK-EZE-JFK-MXP and then simply get off before completing the final leg? Will this violate any sort of AA policy and I won't get the miles (or at least will I get the miles besides for the final JFK-MXP segment)? Even without the miles it seems like an incredible way of visiting EZE and getting back from Europe on essentially a 1-way.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
If you live in NYC you could nest this itinerary within a JFK-MXP roundtrip. Of course I don't know what those are pricing at.
You could use the YYZ/YUL-MXP fare which is running $735 ($2683 in J on AA or BA metal,) by positioning there. One way award availability to MXP looked good as well, if you just need the miles for elite qualification.

I didn't need to do the 10 day minimum stay in EZE on my MXP-JFK-EZE-JFK-LAX-JFK-MXP (stopover at LAX,) which priced at $1035.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
This is a great fare, thanks for the post OP.

I am looking at booking this from MXP-EZE and can find plenty of options available. I am trying to change the stopover though to something central (as close to DEN as possible!). Has anyone had any success with a non-JFK stopover still at a good fare?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by rbAA
You could use the YYZ/YUL-MXP fare which is running $735 ($2683 in J on AA or BA metal,) by positioning there. One way award availability to MXP looked good as well, if you just need the miles for elite qualification.

I didn't need to do the 10 day minimum stay in EZE on my MXP-JFK-EZE-JFK-LAX-JFK-MXP (stopover at LAX,) which priced at $1035.

I am interested in this itinerary and the stopover in LAX.
How can I find it?

Thanks
Ulxima
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
This also works from cdg and other cities, found mxp - mvd for $560ish, but read reviews the city is not safe, Scl for low 600, and if you rather go to aua, bgi, and cur from $580

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.