Wiki Posts
Search

AA: BOS-ORD-PEK $635 AI RTN May and other dates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
AA: BOS-ORD-PEK $635 AI RTN May and other dates

Sample dates are 5/5-5/14, seems to be a lots of availability at $635 to $650 range. Bookable via Kayak/AA.com.

I didn't see a post for One World on this deal, it should be around 110 TP for BA accounts IIRC. Same price from ORD direct, but BOS gets more TP of course. Looks like a match for UA: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...k-675-all.html

Don't forget a $140 Visa (and sending off your passport) for US Citizens. This is my first time posting a deal, so hopefully I got it right
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:53 pm

Nice! Looks like you can get it with the outbound via NRT on JL and the 787 for 660 , if that's more your style.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
If you have a route of of BOS-ORD-PEK-ORD-BOS and you are in PEK for under 24 hours do you still need a visa or you must route through HKG or NRT?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by arods3
If you have a route of of BOS-ORD-PEK-ORD-BOS and you are in PEK for under 24 hours do you still need a visa or you must route through HKG or NRT?
To qualify for China transit visa rules you must be ongoing to another country, leaving from the China city you arrive at within 72 hours, not returning to same country; i.e. you do have to continue on to HKG or NRT in the case noted above. (HKG is considered another "country" for TWOV qualification purposes).

Only certain China cities offer TWOV transit; and while there you are also limited to only traveling within a certain distance near the city in question.

Here's more detailed info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...errerid=322167

Last edited by pfbloom; Jan 11, 2015 at 11:23 pm Reason: corrected: must be ongoing to another country
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Wonderful! Booked for next Thanksgiving with SWUs confirmed. Thanks OP!Now I need to find somewhere south to fly to escape the cold..
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:37 am

Found them. Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AA PLT
Booked BOS-DFW-ICN-PEK-ORD-DFW-BOS for $718 with ICN-PEK on OZ.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Dates please? Found the same deal but when I call to book it repriced
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 am

weird I'm playing with the connections and it seems like the exact same basic itinerary (bos-ord-pek-ord-bos) is priced differently using round trip and multi-city on aa.com. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT
March 29 and April 3 with forced overnights in ICN and DFW (by design). You can connect in HKG/NRT but I wanted to do ICN which required an OTA.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by pfbloom
To qualify for China transit visa rules you must be ongoing to another destination, not returning to origin; i.e. you do have to continue on to HKG or NRT.
Close, but no cigar:

To qualify for TWOV, you must arrive into China from one country and depart China to another country from the same airport/city. "Destination" and "origin" have nothing to do with it.

Note that Hong Kong and Macau are each considered a "country" for purposes of TWOV.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Thanks, in for early Apr, price=$639. Depart on Fri, back on Mon (~38hrs in PEK). If you have AmEx 25off200 newegg offer you may bring the total price down to a tiny little bit less than 4cpm by paying this ticket using AA eGC. Note that Newegg limits AA eGC 1 per name/addr/acct.
Haven't been to PEK for years. This will be my first real MR...
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:27 pm

I completely and totally didn't think of the visa problem! I just assumed I could use the visa free transit since it's under 72 hours. Could I just stay on the air side then? Or does that require a visa too??
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Thanks, in for early Apr, price=$639. Depart on Fri, back on Mon (~38hrs in PEK). If you have AmEx 25off200 newegg offer you may bring the total price down to a tiny little bit less than 4cpm by paying this ticket using AA eGC. Note that Newegg limits AA eGC 1 per name/addr/acct.
Haven't been to PEK for years. This will be my first real MR...
so we can only get the 250 one? thanks for the info
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:59 am

added dfw for 4 of my trips to make it a better deal, total around 650, can't find more though. my dates: 1/22-26 2/6-9 3/19-23 4/3-6(added nrt for return hopefully to see some cherry blossom!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.