Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: ORD-SVO $314 IAH-SVO $335 (~10800 V Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by OregonTransplant
i'm only seeing 416 for 1/21-1/25 out of IAH…ideas how to get it down to what the OP reports?
Nm, I got it!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Was able to pull up MSP-MDW-SVO-MSP(-CHI) for $456 in May. great fare, thx OP!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Can one do a same-day turn w/o leaving the SVO airport? Will DL even let you take off from the US w/o a visa even if you argue with them that you're only staying 3/4/5 hours?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold
got IAD to LED for $360
end of April - beginning of May
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mspflier
Can one do a same-day turn w/o leaving the SVO airport? Will DL even let you take off from the US w/o a visa even if you argue with them that you're only staying 3/4/5 hours?
I would not bank on it. I would get a visa just to be on the safe side. Technically, what you are suggesting is legal but how would you explain it?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver
I've tried making sense of the Russian visa rules, but I'm struggling with it.

You can get a tourist visa...but it says you need a hotel reservation and a receipt from a Russian based tour company. Has anyone done this recently? The hotel reservation isn't an issue...but I have no idea where to start on the tour company side of things. And if I do this trip, I'd just like to wander around...is that even possible?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I really want to pull the trigger on this. BUT it would mean I'd have a TATL in a month, this, and a TPAC in April. That's a lot of time on planes in Y and away from work.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA
This deal goes much beyond the original post. Seeing mid $700s to Madagascar (typically $1500+) and many other destinations in Africa.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

$416 with 1 hour 50 minute layover- not sure about visa

Fri 13 Feb Departs: 9:15PM from CA, San Francisco (SFO)Arrives: 5:29AM in New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)

Sat 14 FebDeparts: 4:22PM from NY, New York-Kennedy (JFK)Arrives: 10:05AM in Moscow, Russia (SVO)

Sun 15 FebDeparts: 11:55AM from Russia, Moscow (SVO)Arrives: 2:27PM in New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)

Sun 15 FebDeparts: 4:30PM from NY, New York-Kennedy (JFK)Arrives: 8:16PM in San Francisco, CA (SFO)

Miles earned* = 3311
Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) earned = 14494
Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) earned = $301 (details)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Awesome fare. Thanks OP! Just wondering if anybody had any experience in doing a same-day turn out of SVO without a visa? If I have to get a visa, I might as well squeeze in a a days worth of sight-seeing!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Regarding the Russian visa, you just need to use a service, who will take care of all the particulars for you. I've obtained several over the past 6 years using cibtvisas.com (formerly Passports Plus).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL SM
Just found $314 all-in from IAD-SVO...any chance of adding a free stopover in AMS or CDG? Striking out so far...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by schindlr88
This deal goes much beyond the original post. Seeing mid $700s to Madagascar (typically $1500+) and many other destinations in Africa.
Yep. Found a $779 RT ORD-TNR (Antananarivo, Madagascar) VKXP24US on ITA late April with free stopovers per fare rules in CPT or JNB (though routing didn't go thru there) and $100 to stop in PAR.

Seems a bit odd...looks like a UA hub attack with significant drops vs usual prices to AF places in Africa. Also found an $808 RT "hacker fare" combo late april/early May ORD-SEZ RT.

Looks also like the base fare is next to nothing and most cost is from YR/YQ, so maybe the fuel dump experts can have some fun with it.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
From cibtvisas.com

No, a visa is not required for travel to this country.
There are requirements for entry to this country that you need to be aware of. Read the information listed below for guidance.

Russia: USA Citizen, California, Northern, Connecting/Transit Edit

VIEW REQUIREMENTS
EMAIL REQUIREMENTS
Important Information

Transit Regulations

Visa exempt for a stay of up to 24 hours. The traveller must:
Not be traveling to or from Belarus
Not be transitting through Krasnodar, Khabarovsk, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk or Vladivostok
Transit within the same airport
Hold a passport valid for period of intended stay with one blank visa page
Hold proof of sufficient funds
Hold proof of onward/return flights
Hold all documents required for the next destination
Hold visa for next country where applicable
Confirm with their airline that boarding will be permitted without a visa
Should the traveller not meet the above criteria, a visa may be required. Please contact CIBTvisas for further advice at 800-929-2428

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Regarding the Russian visa, you just need to use a service, who will take care of all the particulars for you. I've obtained several over the past 6 years using cibtvisas.com (formerly Passports Plus).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
ORD-MRU 5/2 to 5/13 DL/AF $823.40 a-i

Wow...Chicago-Mauritius early May $823.40 a-i. Just 2 segments each way (connects in CDG) and 20,102 flown miles, with $100 more to stop in CDG .

Might've been all over this one a year ago if I could get 100% MQMs and the RDM bonus, as it'd be comparable in costs and miles flown to an Asia trip (except MRU rarely gets deals). Under the new DL program for me it'd get 5,600 RDMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.