Dl: Yyz-cpt $696 usd

Old Dec 22, 14, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum
Dl: Yyz-cpt $696 usd

DL: YYZ-CPT $696 USD

Sample Date: January 21-January 28th
Old Dec 22, 14, 3:54 pm

KLM fare class (X). Also saw late April availability.

Last edited by ALadyNCal; Dec 22, 14 at 4:22 pm
Old Dec 22, 14, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat. Elite
I saw May availability but it would reprice to $1400+ when I went to buy it.
Old Dec 23, 14, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat. Elite
Persistence paid off and I was able to book May 1 to 20 for $867. Thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 23, 14, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Although there are ways around it, it costs almost as much in airfare to get from Atlanta to Toronto as it does to get from Toronto to Cape Town...
Old Dec 23, 14, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Although there are ways around it, it costs almost as much in airfare to get from Atlanta to Toronto as it does to get from Toronto to Cape Town...
Oh, the absurdity of airfares. You could always look at flights to BUF and find alternate tranportation to YYZ. That may be less expensive than flying direct. (I would be more than willing to drive from Detroit to YYZ for this fare if it was offered later next year.)
Old Dec 23, 14, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
Oh, the absurdity of airfares. You could always look at flights to BUF and find alternate tranportation to YYZ. That may be less expensive than flying direct. (I would be more than willing to drive from Detroit to YYZ for this fare if it was offered later next year.)
Actually — after some initial research conducted by me — it can be less expensive to fly from smaller airports such as Chattanooga, Augusta, Birmingham and Columbus to Toronto than from Atlanta to Buffalo, believe it or not.

That scenario is usually not the case in recent years...
Old Dec 24, 14, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Is 2 hrs enough time to do a quick turn in CPT for a mileage run? I found days that work for me in April but with only 2 hrs there with KLM to AMS.
Old Dec 25, 14, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM Miler, Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by henwood View Post
Is 2 hrs enough time to do a quick turn in CPT for a mileage run? I found days that work for me in April but with only 2 hrs there with KLM to AMS.
The KLM flight into CPT is the same flight back to AMS so there shouldn't be a problem.
Old Dec 25, 14, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
there are few MRs anymore

if this is purchased as a KLM, rather than DL fare, you won't get anywhere near the miles as 2014. and if DL, not worth the bother.
Old Dec 26, 14, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Originally Posted by HohoGAP View Post
The KLM flight into CPT is the same flight back to AMS so there shouldn't be a problem.
I guess I should ask if you can just transit and go straight to the gate for boarding passes, or do you have to go through immigration and customs. Check back in landside to get boarding passes then return to the gate. That would eat up a lot of the time and may not make it to the gate in time to reboard.
Old Dec 26, 14, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
I would say you are really missing a great opportunity to see some of cape town. Very gorgeous city and you should at least spend 2-3 days. I'm going back in feb for my second trip there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: