Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: YVR>HKG $715 r/t 18000 Miles $0.039 CPM works via GUM Island Hopper

Old Nov 15, 14, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

United: YVR>HKG $715 USD r/t, Books in K Fare.

I found dates until end of April.

Route through GUM & LAX if you want more miles..
Works with the Island Hopper as well..

I booked Easter weekend with the island hopper.
Anyone care to join?

April 2 - YVR>SFO>LAX>HNL
April 3 - HNL>GUM>HKG on the Island Hopper
April 6 - HKG>SFO>LAX>YVR
Old Nov 15, 14, 6:04 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by schnitzer View Post
United: YVR>HKG $715 USD r/t, Books in K Fare.

I found dates until end of April.

Route through GUM & LAX if you want more miles..
Works with the Island Hopper as well..

I booked Easter weekend with the island hopper.
Anyone care to join?

April 2 - YVR>SFO>LAX>HNL
April 3 - HNL>GUM>HKG on the Island Hopper
April 6 - HKG>SFO>LAX>YVR

I doubt that is 0.039 cpm you mean 3.9 cpm
Old Nov 15, 14, 7:13 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Unfortunately post Mar 1 it's based on revenue for UA, which will earn very little. Good if you need PQM, though.

Also, this is trying to match NH which also has very competitive fares from YVR-HND-HKG. That's going at $673 and will earn full on UA for RDM and PQM.
Old Nov 15, 14, 9:59 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Unfortunately post Mar 1 it's based on revenue for UA, which will earn very little. Good if you need PQM, though.

Also, this is trying to match NH which also has very competitive fares from YVR-HND-HKG. That's going at $673 and will earn full on UA for RDM and PQM.
Tough choice. E+ for the legroom on UA, or the better airline with smaller seats with NH.

On a side note, you can add a stopover with the NH fare for $100 to make a nice vacation fare.
Old Nov 15, 14, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
Tough choice. E+ for the legroom on UA, or the better airline with smaller seats with NH.

On a side note, you can add a stopover with the NH fare for $100 to make a nice vacation fare.
UA has the same stopover rules. It's metal neutral anyways since they have a JV with NH to NRT. With the loose routing you can also stop over in HNL, but not GUM as in most cases.
Old Nov 16, 14, 10:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold

FOR NOW...I brought this up (and I'm sure other people) in the UA section, there's no logical reason for UA not to devalue earning on other airlines. I think they'll probably end up implementing an aeroplan style thing where lowest fare buckets either earn 0 or 50% so.

If I was 100% sure on this I would snap it up asap, HKG fares from YVR are usually >$1000 CAD. I'm tempted to book this UA and get 100% PQM, but yea the RDM will suffer for such a cheap fare. Hopefully this sticks around, I definitely wanna go to HK!
Old Nov 16, 14, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
FOR NOW...I brought this up (and I'm sure other people) in the UA section, there's no logical reason for UA not to devalue earning on other airlines. I think they'll probably end up implementing an aeroplan style thing where lowest fare buckets either earn 0 or 50% so.

If I was 100% sure on this I would snap it up asap, HKG fares from YVR are usually >$1000 CAD. I'm tempted to book this UA and get 100% PQM, but yea the RDM will suffer for such a cheap fare. Hopefully this sticks around, I definitely wanna go to HK!
???

United has already released their accrual chart for partners, it's pretty much the same as before. NH still generally earns 100%.

I don't think there has to be any worry, at least for 2015, for a devaluation. Also fares to HKG will never be that expensive, not with Delta at Seattle.
Old Nov 17, 14, 12:02 am

Changing the return trip to PEK-YUL could knock it down to $674 w/ 18420 miles.
Yet still be careful about positioning flight and visa expense...
Old Nov 17, 14, 12:51 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Are you booking direct through UA?
Old Nov 17, 14, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by pstravels View Post
Are you booking direct through UA?
Yes
Old Nov 17, 14, 1:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
???

United has already released their accrual chart for partners, it's pretty much the same as before. NH still generally earns 100%.

I don't think there has to be any worry, at least for 2015, for a devaluation. Also fares to HKG will never be that expensive, not with Delta at Seattle.
They've released the 2015 charts? Cuz on the mileageplusupdates page it just says "Eligible flights operated by a Star Alliance or MileagePlus partner airline and not ticketed by United will earn award miles based on a percentage of distance flown, the purchased fare class and Premier status where applicable. Later this year we will have more details about earning award miles on partner flights. "
Old Nov 17, 14, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
They've released the 2015 charts? Cuz on the mileageplusupdates page it just says "Eligible flights operated by a Star Alliance or MileagePlus partner airline and not ticketed by United will earn award miles based on a percentage of distance flown, the purchased fare class and Premier status where applicable. Later this year we will have more details about earning award miles on partner flights. "
Front page of that site:

Tickets for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ or MileagePlus partner airline that aren’t issued by United (ticket numbers that don’t start with “016”) will still earn award miles based on distance flown and the purchased fare class.

You will still earn Premier® qualifying miles (PQM) based on the distance of your flight. Premier members will still earn a minimum of 500 PQM on United and United Express flights shorter than 500 miles.
This new way of earning award miles will apply to most tickets for flights operated by United and United Express. It will also apply to tickets for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ or MileagePlus partner airline when the ticket number starts with "016."
Old Nov 22, 14, 2:59 am

Programs: UA Plat | CX G | TK G
is this deal still available somewhere?
Old Nov 22, 14, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Piscesbox View Post
is this deal still available somewhere?
www.united.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: