Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:21 am

Hotel deals in Bali

There a few good deals on hotels in Bali.

http://www.travelzoo.com/vacations/a...Top20-DealLink
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:49 pm

Well, I was never successful in adding a stopover, but I did successfully book via the Delta phone rep. Flights into and out of DPS on Delta-coded China Air.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by chetdogleash
Well, I was never successful in adding a stopover, but I did successfully book via the Delta phone rep. Flights into and out of DPS on Delta-coded China Air.
So was the rep surprise at the great rate you were able to find to dps when you called??
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
So was the rep surprise at the great rate you were able to find to dps when you called??
Yes! She said "I'm sorry, I must have entered this incorrectly. It's not pricing right." When she realized the fare was correct she was shocked.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Yes! She said "I'm sorry, I must have entered this incorrectly. It's not pricing right." When she realized the fare was correct she was shocked.
Someone always has to call don't they...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Someone always has to call don't they...
Especially when the same flights can be booked much easier on dl.com.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
Another idiot Another idiot

I don't think you should be proud at all...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Thanks for calling in to alert the airline to this fare.

Arrrggghhhhh.....

Did you even consider this for a millisecond to realize what you were doing?

Last edited by Doc Savage; Oct 15, 2014 at 10:42 pm Reason: Arrrggghhhhhhh......
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
To be honest, you guys are overreacting. I would assume literally anything posted on TFD, and in this MR forum, is information someone already has used call in to the airlines in some capacity. Most of the people that book don't post, or are lurkers (and I have bumped into many of them into my trips doing the same MR routings). So calling out an individual sort of misses the forest for the trees.

He/she is probably not the only person that called the airline, I'm sure many already have and just haven't posted about it. That's why you always have to book fast: if you see a deal, you have to jump on it, because it can die at any time. Thankfully, not all airline agents that stumble across customers booking error fares will clue in and start telling their supervisor. That's work too.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM
PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

Well if you have posted Don't Call Airline what do you think you are doing?If you don't know how to find it you could ask for help...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:52 pm

Cant find any fares for the dates mentioned. Im seeing 1200-1300 range now. Anyone else able to replicate the 580 price?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
I don't know what the heck was this person's issue. Everything was bookable via DL.com and other OTAs.
Do we really have to put up big blaring lights and sirens for people to understand the do not call principle
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
as of 9pm EST, it is still bookable. $542
i had the 2 week over thanksgiving and went via directly via website (no OTA required)
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:07 pm

Thanks for the props, guys. The fare is still bookable. It's not a mistake fare--they're not going to remove it because somebody called.

For what it's worth: my ticket was not available on DL.com (even when building my own query from scratch), not available via Orbitz or Kayak. This isn't my first rodeo.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:16 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Especially when the same flights can be booked much easier on dl.com.
I tried "multi-city"-ing it, but no dice.

What do you recommend? (actually, I've only seen it in ITA thus far)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.