EY/AA LAX-CMB $1175.60 RT 20846mi 5.6 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY/AA LAX-CMB $1175.60 RT 20846mi 5.6 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
EY/AA LAX-CMB $1175.60 RT 20846mi 5.6 cpm RDM ONLY

Looks like dates are mostly Thursday departures in October and November. I think they are missing YQ from fare. Qualifies for AA RDM ONLY. I erred in my initial post please accept my apologies.

Flight Details:
•Availability: Advance purchase. Must purchase by August 22. Flights before end of October.
•Documentation: Passport required.
•Departure and Destination Airports: LAX - CMB
•Example Dates: October 23 – October 26
•Carrier: EY/Etihad
•Fare Basis Code: EXPR4MUS/VLX60DUS
•Fare Class: E, V
•Mile Accrual: 100% RDM ONLY on AA since LAX departure
•Stopover component: AUH
•CPM: 5.63 (20846 miles)
•Full Route: LAX- AUH – CMB – AUH – LAX

Last edited by shawn67; Aug 14, 2014 at 8:53 pm
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
Wouldn't this be a lot of fun if it were in J, à la "special fare" from EY this past February? :-)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Wouldn't this be a lot of fun if it were in J, à la "special fare" from EY this past February? :-)
Sure would...doing this in Y seems hellish - but I am sure people have done these types of MRs before.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Pardon me, since I'm not in LAX and relatively new to AA, but why does it earn EQM by merit of merely flying out of Los Angeles?

Where does it say this on the AA website?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Pardon me, since I'm not in LAX and relatively new to AA, but why does it earn EQM by merit of merely flying out of Los Angeles?

Where does it say this on the AA website?
AA excludes EY operated and marketed flights between JFK/ORD/IAD/YYZ and AUH from earning miles in the AAdvantage program.

Link

Since LAX is not on the list of excluded gateways and the flights are booked in an eligible fare class, they should earn full AA mileage credit.

Edited to add: Did not read the question and AA page carefully enough - earnings on EY marketed/operated flights (if any) are only RDM, not EQM/EQP

Last edited by hogo74; Aug 14, 2014 at 8:43 pm
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hogo74
AA excludes EY operated and marketed flights between JFK/ORD/IAD/YYZ and AUH from earning miles in the AAdvantage program.

Link

Since LAX is not on the list of excluded gateways and the flights are booked in an eligible fare class, they should earn full AA mileage credit.
I don't see anything on that page about EQM unless it's an AA marketed flight.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by hogo74

Link

Has anybody verified this from an actual flight? While it isn't listed on AA's site, it's seems they mean any flight to/from USA is ineligible, and are just slow at updating the page. Just something to keep in kind, there may be a fight to get your miles.

Also, the OP states 100% EQM on AA, but you will only get EQM on an EY flight, regardless of origin/destination, only if it is an AA codeshare. With an EY flight number even if you do get RDM miles you won't get any elite bonuses and you won't get any EQM or EQP.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:39 pm

Thanks, whimike - I stand corrected on the EQM/EQP earning part - no EQM/EQP for EY marketed and operated flights also according to this thread

As for whether you do earn RDM out of LAX, I have first hand experience, it may very well be true that aa.com is slow to update when EY adds new NA routes.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

I sincerely apologize for the mistake...I have corrected the first post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.