Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: IAH⇄SIN $881 ai RT 4.3-4.5 cpm (19940+ miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

UA, Depart May.2 or 3. no stay requirement.

I just booked:
IAH-NRT-SIN on May 3rd. Arrive SIN at 1am on May 5.
Then return SIN-NRT-IAH at 5am .

Question: what is the custom process at midnight at SIN?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by alleony

I just booked:

what is the booking class?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

all K
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
If you're arriving 1am and leaving at 5am you can just stay airside and not worry about immigration. There are even free movie showings airside to kill the few hours.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
It gets a little lower for a 3 day trip leaving sunday the 5th. Maybe 877ish...thats what I was seeing.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:23 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Same dates/fare class gets you $1000+ from SFO.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
I know!!! Same dates and fares get me 1300+ from ORD
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by skylane
If you're arriving 1am and leaving at 5am you can just stay airside and not worry about immigration. There are even free movie showings airside to kill the few hours.
If you arrive at 1 AM, would you still need to leave the clean area to get your luggage if your next flight (at 8 AM) is on a different airline?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by alleony

I just booked:

Is it possible to get boarding pass for the return flights? between the 1AM arrival and 5AM departure for return, without having to clear immigration to get out to the ticket/checkin counter?

The transit desks (excep for SIN) are usually closed between those hours (1-5AM)!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Really good price but spending 20+ hours in UA Y would suck if you can't upgrade due to status (mileage upgrade at 30,000 + $600 per leg isn't a good deal - better to use miles straight-up).
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
Is it possible to get boarding pass for the return flights? between the 1AM arrival and 5AM departure for return, without having to clear immigration to get out to the ticket/checkin counter?

The transit desks (excep for SIN) are usually closed between those hours (1-5AM)!
Yes, in SIN you can get your boarding passes on your outbound HOWEVER you will need to check in at the counter terminal side (no need to clear security) to have them "revalidate" your ticket. I was able to do this around 4:30am two weeks ago. They will also call and make sure your luggage is on the flight if you check thru luggage. If this is just a quick turn MR for you...no need for checked luggage. You can get a few hours sleep at the T3 transit lounge for roughly 80 bucks for a 6 hour window. Alternatively you can sleep a bit in the free movie theater right next to the hotel and walk through the butterfly enclosure located in the same place.

You can also access the star alliance lounge for some food just prior to your flight. We chose to sleep a bit in the hotel then revalidated the tickets, ate breakfast & boarded the plane. Hope that covers it for you.

Last edited by thehoax; Apr 18, 2014 at 8:26 pm Reason: lounge info
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just snagged the same deal

Sleeping in the Singapore airport. Thanks for the heads up on a great deal for a MR.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Chris Miller
If you arrive at 1 AM, would you still need to leave the clean area to get your luggage if your next flight (at 8 AM) is on a different airline?
If you are coming in on UA, you can stay airside until the morning. There is a transit hotel and transit lounge that you can pay to stay in for the time between flights (google it). Otherwise you can spend time in the airport - there is a lot to do and see. You don't clear immigration at night but go down in the morning, clear immigration, grab your bag (they hold all the bags that aren't claimed outside a little office along the wall) and then go to the other airline counter and recheck it. I've done it many times. This won't work if you arrive at SIN on a LCC though.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA
Ohh, you can actually route this through IAH-IAD-NRT-SIN-NRT-SFO-IAH for $899 and 4.23cpm. In addition, NRT-SFO would be on a 747 if you wanna use an upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:37 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

Are any other days available for later months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.