Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

F9 TTN-BNA $18 AI OW Wed April 30th only

F9 TTN-BNA $18 AI OW Wed April 30th only

Old Apr 1, 14, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erdoran View Post
You can actually take a train to Wilmington train station from NYP if you like, there's a downtown train station, although it's still several miles from the airport. I flew out of there once about 10 years ago on a corporate plane, haven't been there since Frontier showed up. Or if you want to go for super cheap there is Bolt bus and I think Megabus, fares from $1 to perhaps $15 or $20 NYC to PHL 30th st train station
If you have access to a car, the best way to get to the Wilmington airport is by car. Not many Wilmingtonians have ever taken a cab, so cab service is both rare and expensive (although cabs should be waiting outside the Wilmington train station, perhaps the only place in town that you could reasonably expect to hail a cab). If you drive, there's free parking at the Wilmington airport. Even with the Northeast tolls, driving is the no-brainer option if you have a vehicle. Once you leave NYC or DC, traffic on the highways is modest (except on the most peak intercity travel days).

There's also cheap Greyhound service to the bus terminal in Wilmington opposite the train station (Bolt and Megabus don't stop there), but the only people on that bus will be people who don't own a car and need cheap transport.
Old Apr 3, 14, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
Aww geez, there must be something wrong with me. I pulled the trigger on this deal and will be taking a silly ILG-ATL-ILG joyride on the 29th.

It's a 2 hour ride up to ILG for me but I like the idea of taking a commercial flight out of Delaware; one of only 7 states I haven't flown in/out of and I consider Delaware one of the "rarest" states for commercial flights.

Besides, I like free cake and water cannon salutes.
That make me think... Mine is 9. WY, SD, NE, KS, MS, WV, VT, ME, and DE. I've been to all 50 but these others were via car.
Old Apr 3, 14, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
I would think the smart promo would to be to offer good sale prices for a month, and then folks might actually try it. What good is a cheap one-way fare on one day?
That's what they did with TTN-CVG and it's been awesome
Old Apr 3, 14, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreozp View Post
That's what they did with TTN-CVG and it's been awesome
Yeah, I'd actually like to try Frontier, but their schedule and pricing makes it too much hassle. I don't really understand this fly 3x a week type of service; it's so inconvenient, that they're going to get only the lowest yielding pax. And when I look out to fares in May and June, a lot of days start at $145. That's pretty expensive for a new route on a ultra low cost carrier to an obscure airport. They're not going to build a business starting out at these prices. Spirit would be doing this for $49 for months.
Old Apr 7, 14, 6:21 pm

Yeah, I'd actually like to try Frontier, but their schedule and pricing makes it too much hassle. I don't really understand this fly 3x a week type of service; it's so inconvenient, that they're going to get only the lowest yielding pax. And when I look out to fares in May and June, a lot of days start at $145. That's pretty expensive for a new route on a ultra low cost carrier to an obscure airport. They're not going to build a business starting out at these prices. Spirit would be doing this for $49 for months.
They started it in Feb so it's about 3 months at the low price
Old Apr 7, 14, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreozp View Post
They started it in Feb so it's about 3 months at the low price
The April 30 fares are for flights that begin THAT day -- the inaugural flight.
Old Apr 11, 14, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
if the ILG fare to ATL is still available and meshes with the currently available AA fare from ATL-OGG, that's probably the cheapest way to get to OGG from BWI/PHL area right now. we all need to think more creatively about these things!
Old Apr 13, 14, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, if anyone is still thinking of flying one of these flights and wants to save their last dollar, don't bother hunting for a Frontier discount code to use on their site. I wasted 10 minutes looking for a code (not for these fares, but for an "expensive" $44 Frontier airfare), and then realized these fares are available on priceline. Every USA-fare ticket bought individually on priceline using the topcashback.com link nets you 5 bucks. You're not going to beat that discount on an $18 airfare.
Old Apr 13, 14, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

(Deleted.)

Last edited by guv1976; Apr 13, 14 at 9:48 pm
Old Apr 14, 14, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

BTW, if anyone is still thinking of flying one of these flights and wants to save their last dollar, don't bother hunting for a Frontier discount code to use on their site. I wasted 10 minutes looking for a code (not for these fares, but for an "expensive" $44 Frontier airfare), and then realized these fares are available on priceline. Every USA-fare ticket bought individually on priceline using the topcashback.com link nets you 5 bucks. You're not going to beat that discount on an $18 airfare.
Keep in mind that Frontier fares are different on OTAs versus direct in terms of what you get at the airport and on-board. Some include bags and seat assignments while other don't, for example.

Saving $5 might end up costing you a lot more in the end.

n.b. The link above is to my blog. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Apr 14, 14, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Keep in mind that Frontier fares are different on OTAs versus direct in terms of what you get at the airport and on-board. Some include bags and seat assignments while other don't, for example.

Saving $5 might end up costing you a lot more in the end.

n.b. The link above is to my blog. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Well, I guess it pays to check, but to the extent there are seats left these introductory fares -- and every other cheap Frontier fare that I've seen recently -- is available for booking on Priceline (where you can save the 5 bucks). You're not going to tell me that for 18 bucks (or in the case of the fare I bought, 44 bucks) Frontier would have given me more by booking direct? I am almost certain it was the same barebones fare. So you might want to update that blog post.
Old Apr 17, 14, 7:22 am

The April 30 fares are for flights that begin THAT day -- the inaugural flight.
Sorry, was thinking of the CVG route in the other comments
Old Apr 17, 14, 10:52 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
What good is a cheap one-way fare on one day?
'Cause that's the day that the TV cameras and dignitaries are there?
Old Apr 21, 14, 1:50 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Double miles!

For those flying on any of the TTN or ILG inaugural flights, be sure to register for double miles offer: http://www.flyfrontier.com/frequent-.../member-offers

Even if you don't intend to collect Frontier Early Returns miles, you can use them at Points.com to convert them into miles for some other program.

As an example: ILG-ATL roundtrip miles plus promo will net you 2,571 miles which can be converted into 395 AA miles, 355 jetBlue points or DL miles, 764 IHG points, etc.
Old Apr 28, 14, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
For those flying on any of the TTN or ILG inaugural flights, be sure to register for double miles offer: http://www.flyfrontier.com/frequent-.../member-offers

Even if you don't intend to collect Frontier Early Returns miles, you can use them at Points.com to convert them into miles for some other program.

As an example: ILG-ATL roundtrip miles plus promo will net you 2,571 miles which can be converted into 395 AA miles, 355 jetBlue points or DL miles, 764 IHG points, etc.
Thanks for that heads up (I'm not taking an inaugural flight, but I am flying a new Frontier flight within the bonus period). No harm in signing up. Although I did see that, beginning with tickets purchased today, Frontier will start charging for carry-on luggage. I find that a real PITA (I'm not going to pay the fee, I'd just pack less), and makes me about as eager to book more Frontier travel as I am to book Spirit travel.

Search this Thread