Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:09 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SHA,PVG,JFK,LGA,EWR
Posts: 17
UA NYC-CGK(Jakarta)~20120miles (5.0cpm)

A bunch of days available in March and April.
can be ANA metal if routed from JFK.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:17 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
A bunch of days available in March and April.
can be ANA metal if routed from JFK.
what's the fare?
mileageking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:19 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Posts: 2,807
Let me guess

$1006?
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:26 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Let me guess

$1006?
worked backwards to get the fare (5cpm & 20120)
mileageking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:30 pm   #5
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SHA,PVG,JFK,LGA,EWR
Posts: 17
sorry its 21200, for $1006, or 20700 for $999
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 11:20 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileageking View Post
Quote:





Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008


Let me guess

$1006?




worked backwards to get the fare (5cpm & 20120)
Let's just say I'm pretty good with numbers
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 6:54 am   #7
  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Programs: UA MP Gold, Marriott/SPG PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, AMEX PLAT
Posts: 2,566
Question stopover & routing questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
A bunch of days available in March and April.
can be ANA metal if routed from JFK.
proof, you did not give the airline! Its bookable on united.com, for as little as $986 a i (4.75 cpm).

Does the fare bucket (S, K) allow for a NRT stopover? Routing via HND?
Antonio8069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 10:51 am   #8
  
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Silly NOOB Question

So I was looking in the flyer talk search and glossary of terms, and I know CPM is cost per mile. That makes me think it is the dollar cost a person pays to get a mile. I am just wondering how the 5 cpm was figured?

Total Miles were 20120 for roundtrip I guess. I am trying to figure out how the cpm was 5?

Any help would be great... THANKS!!
bkaufmaninrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 10:55 am   #9
  
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaufmaninrice View Post
So I was looking in the flyer talk search and glossary of terms, and I know CPM is cost per mile. That makes me think it is the dollar cost a person pays to get a mile. I am just wondering how the 5 cpm was figured?

Total Miles were 20120 for roundtrip I guess. I am trying to figure out how the cpm was 5?

Any help would be great... THANKS!!
Easy, divide the total fare by the miles. The 5 cpm refers to a $1006 ticket that gives 20120 miles.
$1006/20120 miles=$0.05/mile, or more commonly, 5 cpm.

Edit- best I'm seeing is JFK-SFO-NRT-CGK-NRT-SFO-JFK for $1003. Totals up to 22659 miles for 4.4 cpm. The NRT-CGK is UA codeshare on ANA only one way, straight ANA coming back (for those considering PQD)

Last edited by maskedmesothorium; Feb 17, 14 at 11:05 am
maskedmesothorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 11:33 am   #10
  
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MEL, HKG, PHL
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, QF SG SFSC, EY SL, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaufmaninrice View Post
So I was looking in the flyer talk search and glossary of terms, and I know CPM is cost per mile. That makes me think it is the dollar cost a person pays to get a mile. I am just wondering how the 5 cpm was figured?

Total Miles were 20120 for roundtrip I guess. I am trying to figure out how the cpm was 5?

Any help would be great... THANKS!!
cpm could also be "cents per mile"
jona970318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 12:33 pm   #11
  
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 8,756
Any way to route via SIN (SFO,HKG or NRT) and avoid the subpar NH coach experience?
cesco.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 14, 12:40 pm   #12
  
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: YYZ/SFO/HKG/TXL
Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, Fairmont Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 1,289
Anyway to avoid ANA? K fare only credits 50% to AP.
Bonaventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 14, 6:48 am   #13
  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Programs: UA MP Gold, Marriott/SPG PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, AMEX PLAT
Posts: 2,566
K class credits on AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Anyway to avoid ANA? K fare only credits 50% to AP.
I hate to break it to you bonaventure, but its ditto for UA after March, 2014:

http://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...Partner=United
Antonio8069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 14, 6:23 pm   #14
  
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, Marriott G, SPG G
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium View Post
Easy, divide the total fare by the miles. The 5 cpm refers to a $1006 ticket that gives 20120 miles.
$1006/20120 miles=$0.05/mile, or more commonly, 5 cpm.

Edit- best I'm seeing is JFK-SFO-NRT-CGK-NRT-SFO-JFK for $1003. Totals up to 22659 miles for 4.4 cpm. The NRT-CGK is UA codeshare on ANA only one way, straight ANA coming back (for those considering PQD)
found a LGA-IAH-NRT-CGK-NRT-SFO-LGA for $996.6 and 23,000 miles or 4.3cpm, with the last leg a stopover in ORD. A few dates in May
tjtcwfls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 14, 10:20 pm   #15
  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Idaho
Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Posts: 748
Cool deal, hard to make it work
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top