Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Old May 7, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Firewind
The below is from our moderator (taken from the first post of the thread - bolding is mine). Feel free to add more if necessary / as needed.

Happy 2014!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:

-members posting their deals please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices (ETA: ...or in email alerts)

-some members may be unaware that you can subscribe to this thread and to do that you can go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Originally Posted by Quintious
So this is my first post here (I've been stalking the forum for a little while) so apologies if this isn't done right. This one is a true easy-peasy milk run.

Anyhow, Alaska is currently offering double elite qualifying miles on all of their routes to Salt Lake City. They are also offering 5,000 bonus miles if you fly round trip through a "West Coast ski destination" twice by March 31st (must register your FF number on the requisite sites which I'll put below) before flying - of which Salt Lake City is one of those destinations.

Just booked SEA>SLC>SEA>SLC starting at 7 am and finishing at 6:30 for February 8th, $99 each way.

$99x4=$396
687 miles x 2 each way = 5,496 miles
5,000 non-status bonus miles for 2 round trips = 5,000 miles

As an added bonus, you'll be home for dinner.

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/Promo/...C||&pid=AS1403
http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/Promo/...2||&pid=AS1311

The double elite to SLC doesn't start until June...

To earn Double Elite-Qualifying Miles, simply register your Mileage Plan™ number below by June 15, 2014*, and travel between June 9, 2014 and August 1, 2014.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
DL/AF: $669 2/14-2/17

CLT-___-CDG-BCN // BCN-JFK-CLT

9799 miles through ATL with a 4-hour layover in CDG; 10050 mi through MSP with only 1:15 layover. Also valid through CVG, JFK, or DTW for fewer miles. dl.dumb does not pull up the MSP routing when searching by price, although it does show up on Kayak.

Double connection through AMS+ATL on the way back for $697.

Base fare of $43.00; $496 in YQ. $539 total MQD's.

Last edited by Throw Down Your Leavy Screens; Jan 23, 2014 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
AA: Depart YYZ March 5th return from LAX March 6th $296 CAD

Overnight layover in ORD

Found through Kayak
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:51 am

QR JNB-BCN $536 (limited FF earning)

QR JNB-BCN $536 13,784 miles/.039 (via DOH/per ITA)

Amazing fare, BUT fare basis (Q) doesn't earn full mileage (25%) in AA/QR/AS programs.

Seems widely available next few months. Also available slightly higher $614 in N (earns 50%)

Looking for AA codeshare
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
UA/AA: SMF-PHL $255+

Via IAH/DFW
seems available off and on until mid-May 2014
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:56 pm

Via TFD, UA: DFW/SLC - HNL for $450
http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/01...cluding-taxes/
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
DL: FRA- ORD with stop in EZE $1250 ai (~20K EQM at ~6 cpm)

Just found this fare from various airports in Germany to ORD.

Just found FRA - ORD - EZE - FRA with about a two month stop in ORD and a week in EZE on the way back for $1250. Yields about 20K EQMs, depending on the city you leave from (I tried MUC and STR as well). The round trip fare FRA-ORD on DL is only about $100 cheaper, the round trip fare to EZE is the same.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Not a MR - but $661 on UA - AI - DFW to PVG (Shanghai) must stay at least 6 days. Wow!

Works many days in March!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
BRU - DXB : 224 Euro:

There are some bizarre rates on the site. Sometimes he adds some taxes extra onto the promo tariff. You need to find the dates where he does not warn you about extra taxes.

How did I find the right one; Check cheapest price in a calendar view, the cheapest worked for me. The price on the select flight screen is not correct, so a lot of trial and error.

Book on: flyuia.com

Dates I travel : 10/2 - 17/2.

Found also :

25/2 - 06/3

Flights was booked, now waiting for e-tickets.

Where could I put Flyuia miles too?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by drminn
Just found this fare from various airports in Germany to ORD.

Just found FRA - ORD - EZE - FRA with about a two month stop in ORD and a week in EZE on the way back for $1250. Yields about 20K EQMs, depending on the city you leave from (I tried MUC and STR as well). The round trip fare FRA-ORD on DL is only about $100 cheaper, the round trip fare to EZE is the same.
For more on this family of fares, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ity-bkg-2.html .
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mgo72
BRU - DXB : 224 Euro:

There are some bizarre rates on the site. Sometimes he adds some taxes extra onto the promo tariff. You need to find the dates where he does not warn you about extra taxes.

How did I find the right one; Check cheapest price in a calendar view, the cheapest worked for me. The price on the select flight screen is not correct, so a lot of trial and error.

Book on: flyuia.com

Dates I travel : 10/2 - 17/2.

Found also :

25/2 - 06/3

You can put miles to Flying Blue (KLM&AirFrance)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mgo72

I've also booked this flight (4/9 - 4/14). Fare was 294$ (OTA).

Did you already receive your e-ticket?

Besides Flying Blue, if you are more into *A, you could also credit the miles (50%) to TAP Victoria. Swiss and Austrian are also mentioned as partners, but since UIA is not a partner to their FFG M&M, it's not clear to me how to credit the miles to Swiss and Austrian.

I will go for TAP, so I can use the miles towards M&M awards.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Stupid question of the day: what are the "certain city pairs" covered by this thread? Are there any geographical limitations? Benefits of posting here/looking here vs just starting a new thread?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Stupid question of the day: what are the "certain city pairs" covered by this thread? Are there any geographical limitations? Benefits of posting here/looking here vs just starting a new thread?
No geographical limitations, usually the deals posted here are above 4-5 cpm, or anything you wouldn't consider a mileage run.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by yuel
No geographical limitations, usually the deals posted here are above 4-5 cpm, or anything you wouldn't consider a mileage run.
just a bit of further clarification

cpm being eqm per mile, not total RDM per mile (for elites which often come with a 100% bonus)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.