Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: BWI-PVG (Shanghai) $656 4.3cpm

AA: BWI-PVG (Shanghai) $656 4.3cpm

Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What about visa costs?
A tourist Chinese Visa for a US Citizen is $130. If you need rush processing it can be an extra $20 or $30. If you don't have to the time to go to an embassy or consulate, you can hire someone to take it for you, but that's also more money.

You can probably get a multiple entry visa, so this cost can be spread across multiple MRs.

Make sure to have a printout of your flight reservation. Sometimes they ask for it.

Last edited by deeseeel; Oct 3, 2013 at 11:33 am Reason: Typo.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Also available from PIT for $796. With multiple connections you can get under 5cpm.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
2.8 cpm

Sample date 1/20 - 2/5

BWI-MIA-IAH-ORD-PVG-LAX-LAS-MIA-BWI AI $553. Great deal if you're planning to visit China anyway.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WAS
Exactly. Beijing, Shanghai and a few other cities are in the program. But you have to continue your journey to a 3rd country. Hong Kong/Macao also qualify as a 3rd country, btw.
Taiwan is another option. TPE is closest to PVG I think.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by rdchen
Sample date 1/20 - 2/5

BWI-MIA-IAH-ORD-PVG-LAX-LAS-MIA-BWI AI $553. Great deal if you're planning to visit China anyway.
All AA metal ?

Can this be done with only two SWUs ?

Thanks

BTW Anyone spot a good fare on AA ORD ICN Jan 10 +\_3 days ?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:50 pm

I'm holding two reservations right now.
BWI-MIA-LAX-PVG-LAX-SFO-JFK-BWI
and
BWI-JFK-SFO-LAX-PVG-LAX-SFO-JFK-BWI

I tried to find JFK-LAX flights on the new A321T's but any JFK-LAX flight raised the price.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: MP: PG; AA:EXP; MR: Gold Elite; HH: Gold
Originally Posted by TopGunner
It is a 5 day minimum stay.
Since, personally, I can't consider a 5 day min stay a true mileage run, I wonder what the risk would be on flying in and then trying to use elite status to standby on the next return (if the routing was favorable)? Would that avoid the 5 day minimum stay requirement?

Trying to think outside the box.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by bigmac13
Since, personally, I can't consider a 5 day min stay a true mileage run, I wonder what the risk would be on flying in and then trying to use elite status to standby on the next return (if the routing was favorable)? Would that avoid the 5 day minimum stay requirement?

Trying to think outside the box.

No standby on international flights, especially 5 days before the return flight. They'd certainly re-price your ticket and I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:20 pm

My two itineraries BWI-PVG in late Feb and early March arrive PVG on a Friday night and depart Monday so no 5-day min for me.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:22 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by XLR26
No standby on international flights, especially 5 days before the return flight. They'd certainly re-price your ticket and I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.
Also, you need visas for a 5-day stay. You cannot do visa-free transit for more than 72 hrs.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: MP: PG; AA:EXP; MR: Gold Elite; HH: Gold
Originally Posted by XLR26
Drat!!! Foiled again
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Got fare for February for KL-BKK-Hua Hin Do

Routing through ORD on the way out, LAX and ORD on way back. Schedule has long layovers in ORD on way out and LAX on way back so we are staying at hotels at those locations.

Got a Chinese visa last July for a September 2013 trip; it is good for a year so this works out for us.

Spending two nights in PVG and then nesting reward tickets to KUL, then to BKK. then back to PVG for trip home. This allows us to attend the KUL-BKK-Hua Hin Do Feb 8-15, 2014 --see details in External Miles and Point Resources thread .

Last edited by silver springer; Oct 7, 2013 at 4:17 pm Reason: clarification
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Just got it for $596, pretty excited.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:04 pm

Looks like they finally increased the YQ to $406. Deal appears dead.

I'll be in Shanghai for 3 nights in February. Only wish I had gotten in on Beijing while it was working.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.