Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

VS: WAW-JFK-EDI/MAN €291 eur ai RT (Nov'13-Mar'14)

Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD

I know that VS isn't such a huge deal, but DL PM's and DM's might find this one potentially attractive.

WAW-LHR is on LOT, but this is probably one of the cheapest hops across the pond that I've seen.

Price varies based on which dates you select, article below is a bit misleading in those terms, but there are definitely prices in that range from Novemberish to March.

More detailed version of this here: http://travel-dealz.eu/open-jaw-europe-to-ny-291/

Cheers,
Zoui21
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Its times like this I wish I was stuck in Poland.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Originally Posted by newaarondavidson
Its times like this I wish I was stuck in Poland.
Stuck in Poland? You kidding right? This is my number one country to go.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:50 pm

Poland is absolutely awesome, and so is this deal. The problem is that you have to get there first and that's not too easy for most FT members :/
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:15 am

WAW has been the center of a lot of good deals for a while now.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hostelworld.com Diamond Plated Platinum
Fly4free.pl: Greatest website for deals from poland, maybe not mileage accruing, but WAW to HKG for $400 on Qatar round trip is a killer fare in my opinion!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Its a great deal, thanks for the posting.
BTW there is a similar deal ex VKO (Moscow) with return to UK with virgin
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
I would like to also add my great thanks to you for showing this as well, I just got 8 April - 19 April returning to Aberdeen for 304 quid each, some 400 less than any other option with the tremendous carrot of getting us back to ABZ, which is normally a nightmare

went for the BA one instead of lot on expedia as that one will get us 4,500 avios with the family account, its 7.5k plus Ł 17.50 or 3750 plus Ł 47.50 to get to WAW, and we are going a stopover in London 2 nights, with a night in Warsaw, and the tremendous intercontinental hotel where we had that infinity pool last time that looks over all warsaw, and a hemisphere burger in the basement awaits

with the ba gold card will get in lounge at WAW as well which is nice.

From JFK will spend 7 nights in MCO internal flights are about 60 quid, so either avios or cash for that will have to be paid

so I reckon this has saved me Ł 1,000 all told, muchos gracias
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by largeeyes
WAW has been the center of a lot of good deals for a while now.
Well ... I live here and I can't seem to find them whatever engine I use for searching flights.
Hotel deals enough here but flights ?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by djswa007
Well ... I live here and I can't seem to find them whatever engine I use for searching flights.
Hotel deals enough here but flights ?
What you recommend for 24 hours in warsaw mate ?

Arrive WAW about 11, will get the chauffeur service from IC hotel, will do the infinity pool last morning and hemisphere ( if it is still there ? ) at night, but in afternoon would be tomb of unknown soldier / linkin park and then into the old town for a walk.

need to leave at 1205 so will leave hotel about 10am
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by drspear
What you recommend for 24 hours in warsaw mate ?

Arrive WAW about 11, will get the chauffeur service from IC hotel, will do the infinity pool last morning and hemisphere ( if it is still there ? ) at night, but in afternoon would be tomb of unknown soldier / linkin park and then into the old town for a walk.

need to leave at 1205 so will leave hotel about 10am
Well you are in the center of Warsaw so you have a lot of options. I'm not sure about your age group but there are several things to do in 24 hours. You are next to one of the biggest shopping centers in Warsaw (they have several) but I like the building (Złote Tarasy) always nice for a short stop. I definitely like the Panorama Lounge at the Marriott hotel (about 800 meters from the Interconti). It's on the top floor and gives you a nice evening/night view of the city and they have some wonderful signature cocktails (the clientele is very nice and they always have a DJ playing some nice tunes). If you want to continue maybe hits some clubs? I always liked Platinum Club to have a drink but there are many options also close by the Interconti opposite the Hard Rock Cafe (always nice for an afternoon beer) Club Mirage (who have some 80s and 90s theme nights), I would also take a walk through the 'expensive' quarter Nowy Świat Street for nice drink or a small bite. And when you are walking towards maybe walk about 1 click more to see the new Stadium they build for the Euro 2012 (looks amazing at night - good view from panorama).
If its a warm day many people will hang around the river, nice to sit down and sip a beer :-)

Well, I'm not native Polish but there are lots of historical sites in the city with are a must see but then it's better to have a native Polish member to point you in a direction of something special.
cheers,
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by djswa007
Well you are in the center of Warsaw so you have a lot of options. I'm not sure about your age group but there are several things to do in 24 hours. You are next to one of the biggest shopping centers in Warsaw (they have several) but I like the building (Złote Tarasy) always nice for a short stop. I definitely like the Panorama Lounge at the Marriott hotel (about 800 meters from the Interconti). It's on the top floor and gives you a nice evening/night view of the city and they have some wonderful signature cocktails (the clientele is very nice and they always have a DJ playing some nice tunes). If you want to continue maybe hits some clubs? I always liked Platinum Club to have a drink but there are many options also close by the Interconti opposite the Hard Rock Cafe (always nice for an afternoon beer) Club Mirage (who have some 80s and 90s theme nights), I would also take a walk through the 'expensive' quarter Nowy Świat Street for nice drink or a small bite. And when you are walking towards maybe walk about 1 click more to see the new Stadium they build for the Euro 2012 (looks amazing at night - good view from panorama).
If its a warm day many people will hang around the river, nice to sit down and sip a beer :-)

Well, I'm not native Polish but there are lots of historical sites in the city with are a must see but then it's better to have a native Polish member to point you in a direction of something special.
cheers,
ok thanks yes we are 43 and 45 with 10 yr old daughter with us so cant really go clubbing

I did see Stadium Warsawa on the TV but never seen it live

might try that Marriott option, the club room in IC has panorama as well from memory, it will be 7 april so may not be so hot, just coming into spring, so hope its nice
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by drspear
ok thanks yes we are 43 and 45 with 10 yr old daughter with us so cant really go clubbing

I did see Stadium Warsawa on the TV but never seen it live

might try that Marriott option, the club room in IC has panorama as well from memory, it will be 7 april so may not be so hot, just coming into spring, so hope its nice
With April you never know :-) Well, 40/38/13 and 9 months so not much clubbing here either since the small boy came ;-)

Maybe then something more cultural (wear some walking shoes :-) and visit the Jewish Cemetery, Citadel and New Town also can be a good addition. Taxi's are cheap also but take the good ones !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.