Reload this Page >

FL: BWI-FLL $72 roundtrip midweek May/June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL: BWI-FLL $72 roundtrip midweek May/June

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts

not everyone is going to know the difference between the air tran and spirit codes LOL sheesh
True, and in that case they shouldn't just guess. :-:
Old May 4, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
In January I ticketed identical itinerary on AA to be flown in May, except it is $92+$21.80 $72 all-in is indeed an astonishing fare.
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Every time I have tried to price out FLL or PBI to an East Coast city with an ORD or DFW connection it has come out to a $500+ fare.
The Mid-Atlantic to Florida fares have increased a lot in recent years; we don't get many sub-$100 roundtrip fares (except, perhaps, on Spirit). AirTran has been pretty cheap from BWI, though. It seems to be related to Spirit, and there has been plenty of opportunity in recent months to buy $59/ow BWI-FLL tickets -- which are hard to complain about. Occasionally, AA has matched those fares out of MIA, which is great for AA elites (sadly, MIA sucks as an airport if you're planning on renting-a-car -- the difference between walking to your car from the Southwest/AirTran terminal at FLL and the rigmarole involved in car rental at MIA is about a half hour and a 2/3 mile walk).

This is the first time I've seen AirTran go to $36 each way. It must be Spirit-related. It's obviously not a great mileage run fare (unless somebody else matches), but it's a great USEFUL fare.

BTW, the only airline(s) I've seen offer Midwest connections from Florida to the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast are NW/DL through DTW. As I don't go out of my way to fly DL, I don't know if they still offer these routings.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Gold
we just bought $60 each way fares from BWI-FLL July 12-14, evening both days.

*on Airtran

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.