Search

UA/NH: NYC-NRT-CGK $1114 rt ai 5.0 cpm 22,279 miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
UA/NH: NYC-NRT-CGK $1114 rt ai 5.0 cpm 22,279 miles

Jakarta, Indonesia.

Lots of dates, seems to be eos, but I haven't fully investigated all the connections so I'm not sure what the shortest turnaround time would be.

The itin I found is:

LGA-IAH-NRT-CGK//CGK-NRT-IAD-LGA
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:49 am
Suspended

For a little more money ($1140), you can route LGA-IAH-NRT-CGK
11678 miles each way, 23,356 return.

Just note - connecting thru Tokyo means an overnight there, which could bump up the actual cost to you ... substantially.

Also - the NRT-CGK segment is operated by ANA, yielding only 50% EQM
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by bobbysfca
No - 100% PQM and you will get your elite bonus RDM as well.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Nice Find
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
The shortest connection in NRT that I could find was 12 hours overnight. I'm not sure if anyone can do better?

Would this be doable without an overnight hotel stay, i.e., is there lounge availability etc? I don't think I've ever tried a long connection there. Usually fly into SIN or sometimes HKG.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:01 pm
Used to be exsynner

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
There is both United and ANA Lounge availability.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...st/svc_76.html
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:05 pm
Used to be exsynner

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
And you may want to look into the dayroom option if you will be there for the 12 hours.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...st/svc_37.html
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
Did this once and the transit time > 12 hours. I wasn't allowed to stay in the air side. Had to pick up my luggage, book an airport hotel last minute. Definitely wasn't a very seamless transit.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:54 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hotels in Narita city can be had for less than US$60 per night, and depending on which JFK-NRT flight you take, free hotel shuttles also exist.

If anyone has questions on visiting Jakarta, I can try to help (there now, and have lived there before).
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:34 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Originally Posted by bobbysfca
No - 100% PQM and you will get your elite bonus RDM as well.
This is incorrect I tried it on united site and they specifically write in the right side of the ANA flight that it only earns 50% or 70% PQM only and in front of Cathay pacific flights they say no PQM
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by gotofly
This is incorrect I tried it on united site and they specifically write in the right side of the ANA flight that it only earns 50% or 70% PQM only and in front of Cathay pacific flights they say no PQM
Intra Asia ( excl China, India and Australia ) earn at least 100% miles and PQM.
Just check at the .bomb, earn, airline partners, ANA.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

The rates displayed next to an itinerary on united.com are usually wrong. Intra-Asia ANA flights should earn 100%.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Intra Asia ( excl China, India and Australia ) earn at least 100% miles and PQM.
Just check at the .bomb, earn, airline partners, ANA.
I believe you and agree with you but go to bomb to book a flight select the flights and united displays no PQM for Cathay and 50% and 70% for ANA no kidding.
Just to be sure I will book an iternary and then call united to make sure we get 100% PQM as I have taken on a united platinum challenge and need to still fly 18000 PQM in 3 months
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:18 pm

I believe you and agree with you but go to bomb to book a flight select the flights and united displays no PQM for Cathay and 50% and 70% for ANA no kidding.
Just to be sure I will book an iternary and then call united to make sure we get 100% PQM as I have taken on a united platinum challenge and need to still fly 18000 PQM in 3 months

Based in Japan I have been taking plenty of flights on NH Intra-Asia and since the JV agreement have always been credited full mileage. The only thing that's missing is lifetime miles. I never needed to call, works pretty smooth. I wish you luck on your challenge completion.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT

Based in Japan I have been taking plenty of flights on NH Intra-Asia and since the JV agreement have always been credited full mileage. The only thing that's missing is lifetime miles. I never needed to call, works pretty smooth. I wish you luck on your challenge completion.
Thanks I am not going to take this flight will shop around and wait for a sale I need 18000 miles in 90 days on UA metal only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.