Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: DCA-PAP-DCA $433 RT ai Haiti same-day run.Not a killer deal but something unusual

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: DCA-PAP-DCA $433 RT ai Haiti same-day run.Not a killer deal but something unusual

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I've always been fascinated with Haiti but also realize it's not a place I'd probably visit as I sometimes travel solo and think this would not be a smart place to venture on my own. Having said that, it would be kind of cool to drop in, check out the airport, get a passport stamp and skip out again.

I'm not sure how the passport control officials would handle someone stating the duration of their visit being only a few hours but I do find this mileage run tempting just for the adventure.

DCA-JFK-PAP-MIA-DCA $433. Lots of weekdays available for this fare and a few weekend days such as Sunday May 19.

Sun, May 19
American Airlines – Flight 4446
Take-off Sun 6:10a DCA Washington, DC
Landing Sun 7:20a JFK New York, NY
Coach | Embraer RJ140 (Regional Jet) | 1h 10m

American Airlines – Flight 837 5h 15m
Take-off Sun 9:15a JFK New York, NY
Landing Sun 1:30p PAP Port Au Prince, Haiti
Coach | Boeing 767-300 (Wide-body Jet) | 5h 15m

Sun, May 19
American Airlines – Flight 1754
Take-off Sun 3:35p PAP Port Au Prince, Haiti
Landing Sun 5:55p MIA Miami, FL
Coach | Boeing 757 (Narrow-body Jet) | 1h 20m

American Airlines – Flight 856 2h 30m
Take-off Sun 8:35p MIA Miami, FL
Landing Sun 11:05p DCA Washington, DC

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 23, 2013 at 8:44 am
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:24 am

I don't place much credibility in the State Department but be advised of a travel warning for Port-au-Prince.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 1:02 pm

This is one killer (cpm wise) MR deal.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
I travelled to Haiti early last year and don't recall being asked purpose of the trip for entry. After walking into the terminal, I just joined one of the queues, showed US passport, got my stamp and was through to enter the chaos of trying to track down and retrieve bags. Once through the baggage area and exiting the airport it is chaos with many people vying for the opportunity to carry your bags and/or offer transportation. Not recommended to venture from the airport unless you have someone there to meet you and help you navigate the chaos.

State department travel warning is well advised, especially in PAP. We were told (by Haitians) during our trip that there are two places you do not want to go in Haiti at the risk of dying: the hospital or the police station. lol. However, I have to say that outside of PAP I felt relatively safe during my visit.

The airport is relatively small and parts were being remodeled when I was there. To go back to US, I recall it being a maze of going upstairs, downstairs, etc. and having to take off my shoes three different times to get through the various checkpoints. There are a few sandwhich shops in the upper level of the airport for a quick snack while waiting for return plane home.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
AA added to title and title was slightly rearranged.
Cheers,
BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run forums
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:30 pm

This is a typical fare and I have seen it in the 300's as well. Similar to fares to the DR.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Aeroplan, Marriott Gold Elite, Nexus
I've never been asked my purpose of travel to Haiti they just take your green form and stamp it and I was explicitly going for work.

The whole take your shoes off and back on three times thing is a pain for departures and there isn't really anything to do at the airport but would make for a fun MR.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:47 am

This fare yields close to 12 cpm, what on earth is it doing in MR section?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by rusrocket
This fare yields close to 12 cpm, what on earth is it doing in MR section?
Agreed. This is absolutely nothing special. And AA has several fares in the $300-$400's from NYC to the Caribbean and any given time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.