Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: SEA-BDA $352 ai RT 5.5cpm (see also DEN-SEA-BDA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.

This comes and goes, but it looks like it's $352 in March - May on United, Seattle to Bermuda. And it's 360+ all other times. Good vacation fare. $.055 pm

Separate deal but SEA - SJU is $410 on UA, AA, US, with similar time.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I flew a DL version of this last year. Beware that in BDA, there are very few hotels (and the ones that are there are very expensive). Many last time got burned by booking first before planning accommodations.

It's a wonderful place and my group had a great time in our rental house, but know what you're getting into before jumping on this fare
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Great advice. Thx.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
yeah, watch out for hotel/lodging costs there. There was a decent fare there last year on AA that I was tempted by but the hotel costs made it way too pricey for a MR and it didn't have that much interest as an overpriced (to me) mileage/vacation jog.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
8 nights, 3 adults + 2 kids.....2 rooms

Invited sister in law, so 2 rooms are needed. Still praying for AA for a schedule change for our June trip so we can cancel with full credit. It is not looking good, time to search affordable lodging on the island... I am really kicking myself for jumping on this deal.....
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 168
Invited sister in law, so 2 rooms are needed. Still praying for AA for a schedule change for our June trip so we can cancel with full credit. It is not looking good, time to search affordable lodging on the island... I am really kicking myself for jumping on this deal.....
Wow...8 nights are brutal. Food and even transportation (i.e. bus) are extremely costly.

I stayed at the Fairmont Princess, which was a great property...I would try to use AMEX points (if you have them) to get rooms there. But it will still cost you...

Would be nice to see the $178 EWR-BDA Delta fare come back--that was great.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Just in time for the Bermuda End to End - a great race - on May 4:
http://www.bermudaendtoend.bm/
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Used to be AA Platinum during/after DONE5 in '05/'06, now, just longing for the good ol' days!
Originally Posted by 168
...so 2 rooms are needed....
As a former resident of Bermuda, I understand what you're up against. 8 nights of hotels. OUCH. OUCH.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 168
Quite honestly, if you don't get a schedule change by June I would just cancel the trip and eat the change fee.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: Skyteam
Visitors not allowed to rent cars in Bermuda.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, and all the rest
It was $250 last month on DL
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
CRAZY Routing on UNITED to Bermuda

Really. Promise. I just checked the routing for Bermuda from Denver...Here goes... Denver to Seattle to Chicago to Bermuda. Incredible. And this was for a fare ticket not award. Are they absolutely ever-loving crazy. Who programmed the computer? I know at the beginning of the merger one couldn't go anywhere from Denver without going through Houston... all the old Continental flights were weighted higher in the scheme. All the reps knew how crazy. But this is unbelievable. Going to the Pacific Ocean to go to the Atlantic.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Just checked to see how expensive "expensive" is. Checked 5/2-5/7, Fairmont Princess is $140/night on Priceline with free cancellation.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Just checked to see how expensive "expensive" is. Checked 5/2-5/7, Fairmont Princess is $140/night on Priceline with free cancellation.
That is an amazing price. Make sure to check taxes. If they're not too much extra, I'd definitely book it. There are also some nice guest houses that you may have to poke around a bit for, but will be cheaper than a hotel. You can save a lot of money in Bermuda by buying groceries rather than eating out.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Had an excellent stay at the Elbow Beach hotel a few years back. Bermuda is one of my favorite places, hope you get a chance to go and enjoy it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.