Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
The CX deal is also available to Australia from roughly 1600USD rt all in
Works out at 11.8 cpm
NZ also available for a little more.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Works out at 11.8 cpm
NZ also available for a little more.
To Australian cities from JFK and YYZ? I searched JFK-PER return in February and got $14.8k.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by danger
To Australian cities from JFK and YYZ? I searched JFK-PER return in February and got $14.8k.
ex-MLE
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Doesn't work to Europe Tried CDG, FRA..
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: US CP, UA 1K, TAM VERMELHO
Just booked OW MLE-HKG for US$ 533,90 AI on June.

Now my trip to Asia has a couple of days in the Maldives with a fancy and cheap return flight!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Doesn't work to Europe Tried CDG, FRA..
Not new but it does work from CMB.... CMB-HKG-CDG $1200 Jann/30 in J
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Also has a free stopover in HKG (the CX ex-MLE,CMB fare)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
October 11: USD 1,434.50 ai MLE-HKG-JFK, CX I class.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
So if I see correctly, the cancellation fee is only $35 per ticket?

Never done a rebooking before. What if I book the ticket now and want to change dates in two months. Are you charged the price difference?

Thinking about booking this but would probably want it to be a part of a bigger trip.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by zagy
Never done a rebooking before. What if I book the ticket now and want to change dates in two months. Are you charged the price difference?
Before the first segment is flown - yes.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
So just to confirm for everyone's benefit. If you fly the first leg and do a stopover in Hong Kong you can re-book the remaining dates without a fare re-price?

Planning something for next Xmas but dates not avail yet on Cathay so want to re-book later......
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jeffers8
So just to confirm for everyone's benefit. If you fly the first leg and do a stopover in Hong Kong you can re-book the remaining dates without a fare re-price?
You'll need to read the exact fare rules to be sure, but this is generally true (changes after travel has begun generally use historical fares). One thing to be very careful about here: airline tickets are usually only valid for travel within 1 year of original date of purchase. So if you buy today, do not expect to be able to later change your ticket to add a stopover and resume travel on December 29, 2014.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Planning something for next Xmas but dates not avail yet on Cathay so want to re-book later......
The complete fare rules are not available until you reach the payment page. I was looking at a MLE - JFK RT, and the rules for that fare required all travel to be completed by Oct 27, 2014 (which also appears to be the last date that the HKG - MLE flight is currently loaded for booking). The rules specifically permit travel up to a year from departure from the origin (not from date of ticketing), but the Oct 27 date was unfortunately specified, so I've concluded that CX would be able to prohibit any attempt to extend the return beyond that date (even if less than a year from the first segment) if they were so inclined.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
The complete fare rules are not available until you reach the payment page. I was looking at a MLE - JFK RT, and the rules for that fare required all travel to be completed by Oct 27, 2014....
As with all international fares - The most restrictive provision applies.@:-) Hence, all segments for this CX fare must be flown before Oct 27, 2014 no matter how you try to change it.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by sammy7
I am only able to get these prices in J class bookings. r u guys sure u are booking into F ?
If u look at his routing, it's a mix of both F & J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.