Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
LAX-BOG

Regarding the LAX-BOG fare in domestic first class,

You can route LAX-MSP-JFK-BOG-JFK-MSP-LAX on Delta for $820 for 10,000 flown miles.

Sample dates: Nov 7 and return Nov 11.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:36 pm

deleted...sorry for wrong info...

Last edited by nocom; Jun 18, 2013 at 1:58 am
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Not sure if this is a good fare, but just noticed BOS-GIG on AA for $2590 ai.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
CX appear to have some good business class offers at the moment ex-Japan to various continents. Could be useful for any Asian-based FTers (like me....). Some black-out dates, but still a good choice of dates. KIX-ORD-KIX comes in at around $2800 (240,000JPY base fare + taxes/fuel) - books into I class which still gets 125% miles on Asia Miles)
http://www.cathaypacific.co.jp/fares...n0601/nam.html

Even with positioning flights that's the best deal I've found this summer from China (though not quite as good as the now expired $3000 fare I got last year in OZ from MFM to LAX via ICN, which booked into C so I could upgrade with points to F...).

Flights to the US all require a one night stay in Hong Kong - though for me that is almost a bonus (can be extended into a longer stopover for 10000JPY).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
MU: DXB-NRT $918 ai, 8.6 cpm

Found a China Eastern business class fare, route is DXB-KMG-PVG-NRT. US$918 ai, 10607 miles. Comes to 8.65 cpm.

Found availability in July/August, haven't checked other months.

Appears to have to be outbound travel on a Tuesday or Saturday and inbound on Monday or Friday.

Several other Asian cities also available (some with different travel day requirements):

DXB-HKG - $881 ai.

DXB-ICN - $863 ai.

Last edited by whimike; Jun 18, 2013 at 11:29 am
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:55 am
Suspended

DL: MCO-GIG, $2200 ai.

Example: MCO-ATL-GIG-ATL-MCO, 8/30-9/7. $2198.75.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Looks like some ex-US thanksgiving business fares are up

UA/LH/SN/OS/AC: NYC-FRA/MUC/VIE/GVA for $1,600+ rt a/i. Books in P.
Beware P on OS/SN earns 0 for UA MP.

DL/KL/AF: NYC-CDG/MAD/BCN for $1,600+ rt a/i. Books in Z.

UA/DL/KL/AF: NYC-LHR/DUB/MAN for $1,400+ rt a/i. Books in P or Z.

Haven't checked any other city pairs but all fairly consistent and similar to last year.

Regular thanksgiving rules: OUTBOUND - PERMITTED 24NOV 13 THROUGH 29NOV 13 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. INBOUND - PERMITTED 29NOV 13 THROUGH 04DEC 13 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Looks like some ex-US thanksgiving business fares are up

UA/LH/SN/OS/AC: NYC-FRA/MUC/VIE/GVA for $1,600+ rt a/i. Books in P.
Beware P on OS/SN earns 0 for UA MP.

DL/KL/AF: NYC-CDG/MAD/BCN for $1,600+ rt a/i. Books in Z.

UA/DL/KL/AF: NYC-LHR/DUB/MAN for $1,400+ rt a/i. Books in P or Z.

Haven't checked any other city pairs but all fairly consistent and similar to last year.

Regular thanksgiving rules: OUTBOUND - PERMITTED 24NOV 13 THROUGH 29NOV 13 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. INBOUND - PERMITTED 29NOV 13 THROUGH 04DEC 13 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Some cheap F fares also... SFO-LHR rt on UA $3666ai/rt. Books into 'A' bucket... 11/29-12/8 example.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
europe thanksgiving fares

$2500-2600: LAS/LHR; LAS/CDG(my dates are 11/22-12/4); looks like you need a 7 day stay, though
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:55 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
DL One Way SEZ-HNL; 2281USD; fare basis DFFWSC

OK, this is not the best deal in the world, admittedly, but the flights actually work for a trip I'm planning.

This is the fare I see filed:
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 DFFWSC D‡O 2287.00 ---- -/‡ -/ - AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-SEZ TO-HNL CXR-DL TVL-01JAN14 RULE-WBFF IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-DFFWSC NORMAL FARE DIS-N VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BU OW-BUSINESS CLASS UNRESTRICTED
SCR 27028 MPM E07JAN12 D-INFINITY FC-DFFWSC FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06JAN12/1637 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG SEZ-HNL/DL EF-07JAN12 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 15027
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION

I am able to confirm the higher priced sister of this fare, CFFWSC (about 3100 USD plus taxes/fees), using a combination of Etihad and DL flights (DL required for transatlantic) portion. Fare prices all the way to HNL with a mix of carriers on the SEZ-Europe and US-HNL portions, and DL flights over the water (including AF codeshares). Despite there being availability on all of the flights I've looked at in the necessary booking classes, I cannot get this DFFWSC fare to price out. It does allow generous stopovers, meaning for me it works out as a SEZ-West Coast flight, then later on a West Coast-HNL flight. For the price, for my needs, not a bad deal.

Wondering if it's a ghost/phantom fare, but then why would the CFFWSC fare price out? It uses the same inventory on the Etihad flights (J) which is plentiful; it's the inventory on the Delta-operated flights that seems to price out only using the C fare basis versus the D code. D is widely available on all of the dates I've looked at. The MPM, routing rules and fare rules for both the CFFWSC and DFFWSC are identical, with the exception of the booking class (D vs C).

Can anyone help?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Sorry can't help with the DFFWSC vs CFFWSC booking question. But I did notice a RT fare ZSFSC (similar fare rules) that is priced below the C OW fare. With a 360 return, that could be interesting.

Originally Posted by dll

Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:34 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
Sorry can't help with the DFFWSC vs CFFWSC booking question. But I did notice a RT fare ZSFSC (similar fare rules) that is priced below the C OW fare. With a 360 return, that could be interesting.
Also a great find, but couldn't find a way to price that one either - everything seems to default to the highest fare in each case (all C-basis, CFFSC in this case).
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:52 pm
dll

Originally Posted by dll
OK, this is not the best deal in the world, admittedly, but the flights actually work for a trip I'm planning.

I am able to confirm the higher priced sister of this fare, CFFWSC (about 3100 USD plus taxes/fees), using a combination of Etihad and DL flights (DL required for transatlantic) portion. Fare prices all the way to HNL with a mix of carriers on the SEZ-Europe and US-HNL portions, and DL flights over the water (including AF codeshares). Despite there being availability on all of the flights I've looked at in the necessary booking classes, I cannot get this DFFWSC fare to price out. It does allow generous stopovers, meaning for me it works out as a SEZ-West Coast flight, then later on a West Coast-HNL flight. For the price, for my needs, not a bad deal.

Wondering if it's a ghost/phantom fare, but then why would the CFFWSC fare price out? It uses the same inventory on the Etihad flights (J) which is plentiful; it's the inventory on the Delta-operated flights that seems to price out only using the C fare basis versus the D code. D is widely available on all of the dates I've looked at. The MPM, routing rules and fare rules for both the CFFWSC and DFFWSC are identical, with the exception of the booking class (D vs C).

Can anyone help?
I managed to track down the very detailed command line on ITA that enables you to force use of a booking code. I could not, for some reason, get the D fare to price for this. If anyone has insights into why or how, they'll be most welcome.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
AS: BOS-OGG $1755ai (F)

Sample:
Aug 21 BOS-SEA-SAN-OGG-SAN-SEA-BOS $1755ai (F) (12148mi ~14.4cpm)

-FROM HAWAII - PERMITTED 08JAN THROUGH 15FEB OR 17APR THROUGH 19JUN OR 21AUG THROUGH 13DEC FOR EACH OVERWATER SEGMENT.
TO HAWAII - PERMITTED 08JAN THROUGH 15FEB OR 17APR THROUGH 09JUN OR 21AUG THROUGH 13DEC FOR EACH OVERWATER SEGMENT.
-2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN SEA/PDX/SAN/SMF/SJC/OAK.
-FOR ONE WAY FARES.

Is anyone interested in/looking for/flying these types of F/J fares for DL MQM?
Interesting, might be fun to combine a MR with a little stop in OGG.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
UA: LAX-TLV $3021 ai RT (Z fare Business; next winter/spring)

I know low fares often pop up in this market for discounted business. But this is lower than I have seen in a while. LA seems to price lower than most other cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.