Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I was thinking BA Avios to go to the Galapagos Islands as the best opportunity here, though the US miles move is good as well. Isn't JJ availability difficult to find though?
I was playing with availability searching the UA site earlier today and found some JJ flights, but my searches were for one person at dates pretty close in. I haven't played with dates in the southern hemisphere summer or much further out at all. The Taca/Avianca flights to the deep south generally aren't on big, fancy planes, but it still strikes me as a great deal.

Awesome call on BA miles to the Galapagos. Your post has gotten me thinking further.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by abitlost
I was playing with availability searching the UA site earlier today and found some JJ flights, but my searches were for one person at dates pretty close in. I haven't played with dates in the southern hemisphere summer or much further out at all. The Taca/Avianca flights to the deep south generally aren't on big, fancy planes, but it still strikes me as a great deal.

Awesome call on BA miles to the Galapagos. Your post has gotten me thinking further.
Most of the JJ flights to deep(er) SA aren't on big planes either , I was in GIG last month and can verify firsthand. I've just always heard that JJ releases almost nothing for award seats so I was curious. Not much wrong with AV of course either. Hopefully the Avios work out well for you!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Most of the JJ flights to deep(er) SA aren't on big planes either , I was in GIG last month and can verify firsthand. I've just always heard that JJ releases almost nothing for award seats so I was curious. Not much wrong with AV of course either. Hopefully the Avios work out well for you!
That seems like a great avios opportunity.

There is also GRU-EZE availability on Turkish in business from GRU to EZE on some days. I think they introduced this route recently, as I saw ads when I was last in Buenos Aires and economy fares EZE-GRU-IST were really cheap (not UA-earning after a certain date, but great vacation fares). As a tag flight, I assume there are many extra seats for award availability.

I know JJ operates flights from GRU to AEP, but UA.com searches on about 8 dates don't show any award availability, which seems odd. GRU-EZE is pretty good, with A330s. If my intended stopover wasn't in Brazil, I think I'd just opt for the 320 from Lima to EZE.

Sorry if this is overly sidetracking from the discussion of the fare. The NYC-GYE just seems like such a great start to a larger vacation.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KPT
If I did same day turnaround in GYE, would I need to pass through customs, pick up luggage and check it back in?
If you are mileage running, particularly doing same-day turnarounds, you should not be checking in luggage.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:51 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Originally Posted by AHO
NYC-MOW T/R
Airline: Finnair
Cabin class: Business
Booking class: I
Fare basis: ICAMPUS
Price: 891 USD + tax approx 607 USD, total 1.498 USD incl. taxes
Advance purchase: 3 days
Buy latest: 2013-JUN-11
Min/Max stay: SU / 12 months
Valid for departure: between 2013-MAY-22 and 2013-DEC-15
Stopover: Free stopovers in Helsinki
Child discount: 25% of the base fare
Refundable: No
Change: Yes, against 250 USD each time
Routing: New York-(AY)-Helsinki-(AY)-Moscow

Airport in Moscow is Moskva Sheremetyevo (SVO).

[Business class] New York-Moskva T/R, Finnair, 10.000 SEK inkl. skatter
Any FD for this? Quick turn around possible? I can only get it down to 3 days, and without visa this would be transit lounge hell!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by abitlost
Avianca has a fair amount of A330 lift on flights between BOG and Deep South America. AV's 330 biz class isn't grounbreaking by any stretch of the imagination but it's way better than domestic first (look at the 7 hour flights flown by CM PTY-SA with basically domestic configured 737s).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
AA: JFK/LGA-GYE starting @ $747ai (A,I)

Sample:
Oct 3-7 JFK-MIA-GYE-MIA-JFK $747ai (6049mi ~12.3cpm)

-FROM NORTH AMERICA - PERMITTED 17JAN THROUGH 04JUN OR 06AUG THROUGH 23NOV OR 25DEC THROUGH 31DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.
TO NORTH AMERICA - PERMITTED 17JAN THROUGH 14MAR OR 01APR THROUGH 27JUN OR 17SEP THROUGH 31DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.
-PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU FROM THE GATEWAY.
-1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN MIA/NYC/CHI/DFW/LAX.
-FOR ROUND TRIP FARES.

Other days of the week and more stops for more $....
Many thanks for posting this fare. I'm interested in doing this via LAX but I haven't been able to get this down below $2k, would be interested to hear if anyone else has had more success.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by idealflyer
...? Quick turn around possible? I can only get it down to 3 days, and without visa this would be transit lounge hell!
The sale was until 10 June. So gone already. For some summer dates it was sometimes cheaper than economy; it seems to have been an effort to fill in the front of the bus also
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
AA: JFK/LGA-GYE starting @ $747ai (A,I)

Sample:
Oct 3-7 JFK-MIA-GYE-MIA-JFK $747ai (6049mi ~12.3cpm)

-FROM NORTH AMERICA - PERMITTED 17JAN THROUGH 04JUN OR 06AUG THROUGH 23NOV OR 25DEC THROUGH 31DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.
TO NORTH AMERICA - PERMITTED 17JAN THROUGH 14MAR OR 01APR THROUGH 27JUN OR 17SEP THROUGH 31DEC FOR EACH GATEWAY DEPARTURE.
-PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU FROM THE GATEWAY.
-1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN MIA/NYC/CHI/DFW/LAX.
-FOR ROUND TRIP FARES.

Other days of the week and more stops for more $....
Amazing fare.

However, LAX does not seem to work and that is sadly a dealbreaker, atleast for me.
If anyone manage to pull up JFK-LAX-MIA-GYE R/T. Please shout it out!

JFK-LAX = 210 TP + 3713 Avios
LAX-MIA = 210 TP + 3513 Avios
MIA-GYE = 40 TP + 2401 Avios
920 TP + 19.250 Avios
?

Last edited by FirstClassSE; Jun 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by timezonehopper
Many thanks for posting this fare. I'm interested in doing this via LAX but I haven't been able to get this down below $2k, would be interested to hear if anyone else has had more success.
Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
Amazing fare.

However, LAX does not seem to work and that is sadly a dealbreaker, atleast for me.
If anyone manage to pull up JFK-LAX-MIA-GYE R/T. Please shout it out!
Won't happen. AA does a lot of this, copying and pasting of parts of their routing rules from other fares. Just because a stopover is allowed in LAX, doesn't mean it can be routed through LAX .

This is an MPM fare, with MPM as follows:
/WITHIN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE/ MPM 3588
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 800 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR MIA AND/OR DFW

Since JFK-LAX is 2475 miles, LAX-MIA is 2342, and MIA-GYE is another 1922, routing via LAX would go way beyond MPM.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Won't happen. AA does a lot of this, copying and pasting of parts of their routing rules from other fares. Just because a stopover is allowed in LAX, doesn't mean it can be routed through LAX .

This is an MPM fare, with MPM as follows:
/WITHIN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE/ MPM 3588
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 800 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR MIA AND/OR DFW

Since JFK-LAX is 2475 miles, LAX-MIA is 2342, and MIA-GYE is another 1922, routing via LAX would go way beyond MPM.
Yea. But it would be awesome if it worked.
Then i know someone that would be flying alot to Ecuador in the near future.

JFK-DFW-MIA-GYE-MIA-DFW-JFK for 890$ is pretty decent but not good enough for an MR imo.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
Yea. But it would be awesome if it worked.
Then i know someone that would be flying alot to Ecuador in the near future.

JFK-DFW-MIA-GYE-MIA-DFW-JFK for 890$ is pretty decent but not good enough for an MR imo.
Maybe it doesn't from an avios standpoint, but from an AA EQP it's not terrible at 6.6 CPP (cents per point).
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
UA $812 P fare LAX-IAH-BOG 1-day turns in July

UA $812 AI on ITA, bookable @UAL with many dates, including weekends in July for 7204 base miles. I found LAX-EWR-BOG-IAH-DEN-LAX, 8878 base miles, P fare, all UA metal. UA & Delta other routings available for slightly higher fares $813 to 826.

Edit: $810 AI UA fare also available SFO-IAH-BOG or $812 via SFO-EWR-BOG-IAH-DEN-SFO for 8989 base/P fare.

Last edited by travelsavant; Jun 16, 2013 at 5:47 am
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by travelsavant
UA $812 AI on ITA, bookable @UAL with many dates, including weekends in July for 7204 base miles. I found LAX-EWR-BOG-IAH-DEN-LAX, 8878 base miles, P fare, all UA metal. UA & Delta other routings available for slightly higher fares $813 to 826.

Edit: $810 AI UA fare also available SFO-IAH-BOG or $812 via SFO-EWR-BOG-IAH-DEN-SFO for 8989 base/P fare.
Great find! The Lax-ewr-bog routing=9700+ bonus so estimate 5cpm!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:30 am

I was thinking BA Avios to go to the Galapagos Islands as the best opportunity here, though the US miles move is good as well. Isn't JJ availability difficult to find though?
How exactly does Avios come into play? No direct flights from GYE - IPC, unless Avios is cheap enough to go through SCL. I really want to do IPC, but routing isn't the best for a quick 3-4 day trip. Is anything better than NYC-MIA-GYE-SCL-IPC-SCL-GYE-MIA-NYC ? I may have seen a IPC-LIM-GYE on LAN, but cant find it on the outbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.