Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 pm
  #1156  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 56,469
Exclamation

Please continue the discussion regarding the SEZ-DUB fare in this thread.

Thank you.

tcook052
Mileage Run Moderator
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:36 am
  #1157  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between if and else
Posts: 142
Hey there..
ET (*A) offers RT-Flights from HGH to DEL for 548,64 $ (ITA & OTA)
Booking Class is D
Steppo is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:39 am
  #1158  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Posts: 1,381
Originally Posted by Steppo
Hey there..
ET (*A) offers RT-Flights from HGH to DEL for 548,64 $ (ITA & OTA)
Booking Class is D
Anyone able to book this?

Tried looking up ET website but can't find but ITA is clearly showing up.
tycosiao is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:55 am
  #1159  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Anyone able to book this?

Tried looking up ET website but can't find but ITA is clearly showing up.
I don't think it is a Business Class fare. These are the fare rules:

"RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS...
...NORMAL FARES FROM CAN TO BKK
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM CAN
TO WITHIN SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES.
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/TURNAROUND SINGLE OPEN-JAW
JOURNEYS...."

Looks like ITA mistakenly thinks the *D* fare class is in Business. EF has the same problem too.
Europeanexplorer is online now  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:02 am
  #1160  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between if and else
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I don't think it is a Business Class fare. These are the fare rules:

"RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS...
...NORMAL FARES FROM CAN TO BKK
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM CAN
TO WITHIN SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES.
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/TURNAROUND SINGLE OPEN-JAW
JOURNEYS...."

Looks like ITA mistakenly thinks the *D* fare class is in Business. EF has the same problem too.
It seems you are correct.. My fault..
Steppo is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:15 am
  #1161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Posts: 319
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I don't think it is a Business Class fare. These are the fare rules:

"RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS...
...NORMAL FARES FROM CAN TO BKK
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM CAN
TO WITHIN SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES.
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/TURNAROUND SINGLE OPEN-JAW
JOURNEYS...."

Looks like ITA mistakenly thinks the *D* fare class is in Business. EF has the same problem too.
Its bookable on Orbitz.

And it clearly says "Business" so would you get your money back from Orbitz if you proceed with the booking and it comes down that youll have to fly economy? Who is responsible? I mean, I should be able to "trust" Orbitz, right?

I even get to choose seats before making the payment on Orbitz (rows 1-3)

Try 18-19 November for example.
FirstClassSE is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:46 am
  #1162  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
Its bookable on Orbitz.

And it clearly says "Business" so would you get your money back from Orbitz if you proceed with the booking and it comes down that youll have to fly economy? Who is responsible? I mean, I should be able to "trust" Orbitz, right?

I even get to choose seats before making the payment on Orbitz (rows 1-3)

Try 18-19 November for example.
Hahaha. Wow - looks like everyone is confused with the fare. I guess Orbitz cannot expect you to have read the fares rules and if they sell you Business, then how can they expect the reasonable consumer to accept anything else?

Quite a few carriers use *D* class as a Business Class fare, so I guess that is what is confusing Orbitz, Expertflyer and ITA too...
Europeanexplorer is online now  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:52 am
  #1163  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LHR (sometimes CLE, SFO, BOS, LAX, SEA)
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 5,902
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I don't think it is a Business Class fare. These are the fare rules:

"RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS...
...NORMAL FARES FROM CAN TO BKK
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM CAN
TO WITHIN SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES.
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/TURNAROUND SINGLE OPEN-JAW
JOURNEYS...."

Looks like ITA mistakenly thinks the *D* fare class is in Business. EF has the same problem too.
It looks like they loaded the informational text (not valid for autopricing) for a CAN-BKK economy fare and pasted that text into the fare rules for a HGH-DEL D fare. So my read is that it's a business-class fare that contains some incorrectly copied & pasted metadata.

Hint is that HGH-DEL is not CAN-BKK.

D is a business-class booking class (look for example at a LON-ADD D fare to see this for yourself).

Or check out the routing rules for this fare:
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 DEERTCN D R 1286.00 D30JN - -/ - EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-HGH TO-DEL CXR-ET TVL-04JUN13 RULE-CN01 IPRPG/8
FARE BASIS-DEERTCN NORMAL FARE DIS-N VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BU RT-BUSINESS CLASS UNRESTRICTED
CNY 7875 0018 E04JUN13 D30JUN13 FC-DEERTCN FN-1P
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 03JUN13/0941 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG HGH-DEL/ET18 /TAR-TGRG EF-04JUN13 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
TRAVEL MUST BE DIRECT
By the way, does someone have access to a feed of raw fare data? This has only been published for a little over 24 hours.

Last edited by mherdeg; Jun 4, 2013 at 9:01 am
mherdeg is online now  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:11 am
  #1164  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by mherdeg
It looks like they loaded the informational text (not valid for autopricing) for a CAN-BKK economy fare and pasted that text into the fare rules for a HGH-DEL D fare. So my read is that it's a business-class fare that contains some incorrectly copied & pasted metadata.

Hint is that HGH-DEL is not CAN-BKK.

D is a business-class booking class (look for example at a LON-ADD D fare to see this for yourself).
I did think it was strange for ET to consider *D* as an Economy Class code when it is Business for so many other airlines. Good catch with the CAN-BKK. I don't know where they pulled that one from: ET don't even fly between CAN and BKK. They only have direct flights from ADD to both these cities.
Europeanexplorer is online now  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:51 am
  #1165  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 5,165
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Anyone able to book this?

Tried looking up ET website but can't find but ITA is clearly showing up.
It is available on Orbitz. I mapped a couple of dates I saw on ITA and Orbitz pulled them up. I was able to take past the flight selection to the enter passenger data so I think it is bookable.
cheltzel is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:20 pm
  #1166  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by cheltzel
It is available on Orbitz. I mapped a couple of dates I saw on ITA and Orbitz pulled them up. I was able to take past the flight selection to the enter passenger data so I think it is bookable.
any combination example? I didn't find any from orbitz....
nocom is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:37 pm
  #1167  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 5,165
Originally Posted by nocom
any combination example? I didn't find any from orbitz....
I just took a set of dates from ITA and did an Orbitz flight search in J, restricting the airline to ET for those dates.

July 16 - July 20 was one I just found on Orbitz in the last 2 minutes. $548 ai
cheltzel is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:51 pm
  #1168  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Posts: 298
Originally Posted by nocom
any combination example? I didn't find any from orbitz....
Orbitz - August 13-18

I got all the way to Payment (including selecting seats) with no problem.
Bobdh13 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:36 pm
  #1169  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NRT / HND
Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Posts: 5,947
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I did think it was strange for ET to consider *D* as an Economy Class code when it is Business for so many other airlines. Good catch with the CAN-BKK. I don't know where they pulled that one from: ET don't even fly between CAN and BKK. They only have direct flights from ADD to both these cities.
It's old ET data, but not necessarily that old. The CAN flight to ADD was via BKK until sometime last year. When I flew it in April 2012, it was a 772 non-stop going to ADD and a 772 via BKK on the way back. Both flight were originally scheduled for a 763 at booking and changed later. During that same time, also the PEK and HGH flights were both via DEL, now the PEK flight is non-stop.
dvs7310 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 pm
  #1170  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Posts: 10,080
LX: ARN-BKK r/t SEK 13146 (1526 EUR/1996 USD)

LX launched a business campaign over the summer with rather competitive prices from ARN, and propably other European cities to BKK/PEK/HKG/PVG/SIN:

http://booking.swiss.com/web/Offers/...ntry=SE&lang=4

Half-good availability to BKK June/July, very good August. To other destinations rather good availability all summer
onobond is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.