Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
YVR-BOM $3200 on UA Metal in April. I saw YVR-IAH-EWR same way back. or you can tag on extra segments like BOM-EWR-IAH-LAX-SFO-YVR for the same.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aaron1262
YVR-BOM $3200 on UA Metal in April. I saw YVR-IAH-EWR same way back. or you can tag on extra segments like BOM-EWR-IAH-LAX-SFO-YVR for the same.
OTA or .bomb?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Where are you finding these great AC J fares to JNB (i.e., which website)? I'm looking to depart on the outbound on March 31, verrry flexible on the return (if you catch my drift). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This and the UA fare YVR-BOM are matching the AF sale which apparently ends 28 Feb ie today. 14 day advance purchase required. *A is matching fares Canada to CDG as well as various destinations in Asia and Africa.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
JFK/PHL/MIA/LAX- GIG on US/AA for ~$2,000 AI

Some pretty nice fares on US and American to Rio de Janeiro- $2,000ish all in roundtrip ($2,191 from LAX via Charlotte). US flights are on the A330, so lie-flat Envoy sleeper seats.

The only AA route I found was PHL-MIA-GIG for $2,007. There are probably others.

Great availability on ITA all year- even over the Christmas/New Years holiday. Doesn't appear to be a minimum stay, so quick turns permitted.

Posted screenshots on my site. Comes to .12ish CPM or less if you can stretch routing.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Some pretty nice fares on US and American to Rio de Janeiro- $2,000ish all in roundtrip ($2,191 from LAX via Charlotte). US flights are on the A330, so lie-flat Envoy sleeper seats.

The only AA route I found was PHL-MIA-GIG for $2,007. There are probably others.

Great availability on ITA all year- even over the Christmas/New Years holiday. Doesn't appear to be a minimum stay, so quick turns permitted.

Posted screenshots on my site. Comes to .12ish CPM or less if you can stretch routing.
AA has fares ex-PIT, CLT, and PHX as well.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Excellent find! Just a warning, this is a non-refundable Z fare on US, although it earns 150% PQM on UA. MIA-CLT-GIG r/t is about 17,000 PQM give or take or 11cpm.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AA ExP
On AA and US, fare is to GRU as well.

Also, going to GIG, you can fly the DFW-GRU in the 773 with new seats and SWU upgrade to F. Connection from GRU to GIG is on JJ Y-class.

Last edited by HansGolden; Feb 28, 2013 at 11:35 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold

Unfortunately, I can't duplicate what you are reporting. I'm seeing prices of ca. $2000 for one way - not round trip - on US using either Matrix or usairways.com. Please advise...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Unfortunately, I can't duplicate what you are reporting. I'm seeing prices of ca. $2000 for one way - not round trip - on US using either Matrix or usairways.com. Please advise...
looks like they just pulled this fare as I was searching and saw it and by the time I logged back in to search again, fares are $3800 now.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:12 pm

It appears that after March, US switches to their 767 out of CLT. Outside of 10 degrees of recline, is there any less value to this fare by flying on the 767 instead of the A330?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by 18sas
OK. So in the last 4 hours, the <$1500 MIA-MAD deal is now dead.

The June and later deals for $1800+ seem to still be active.
It looks like the fare went up $200 overnite. I was seeing DFW-MAD for travel in June at $1711 yesterday, but when I went to book it today, it was now at $1911. Same "A" and "S" booking inventory.

Anyway, I was able to book two DFW-MAD/CDG-DFW open jaws, in "A" and "S," for $2028 a.i. and both TATL flights with full flats.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat

I was able to book on the Copa website. I got JFK-PTY-GIG for $2700.

TAM also has JFK-GRU-EZE over Xmas for about the same price.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I was able to book on the Copa website. I got JFK-PTY-GIG for $2700.

TAM also has JFK-GRU-EZE over Xmas for about the same price.
Does Copa have any lie-flat birds? If not, I'd rather do US Envoy for the same price.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:52 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Does Copa have any lie-flat birds? If not, I'd rather do US Envoy for the same price.
No, it's all domestic FC seats like CO, er sCO OK, UA.

EmailKid
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:26 am

Emirates EK Germany to Asia/Africa

For lack of miles useful to me I generally ignore EK - but they do have a decent sale from German* cities to Asia and Africa, e.g. (r/t,a/i):
JNB €1769 / €2769 Biz/First
SEZ €1869 / €2869
ADL €2785 / €3785
BLR €1899 / €2879
HKG €1935 / €2935
KUL €1869 / €2869
BOM €1785 / €2785
PEK €1875 / €2875
ICN €1869 / €2869
SIN €1875 / €2875
DXB €1575 / €2575
*rules mention routing from other European cities

Booking codes OE4MPDE1/AE4MPDE1 for biz/first.

Book by 5 March for travel 1 April - 31 December. Min/max stay 3d/4mo. No adv purch reqmt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.