Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
QR are offering companion fares on their business class product. Best of the bunch looks to be:

LHR-MLE at £3,095
MAN-MEL at £4,606

Both of those prices are AI for TWO pax travelling together.

Purchase by 14/11/13. Travel by 31/03/13.
...what a way to say, "Hello OneWorld!"
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BumpMe!
...what a way to say, "Hello OneWorld!"
Indeed. Fly between 15/11 and 31/1 (excluding Xmas) and the double Avios promo from BA when flying QR should earn your HHA in the region of 80k (assuming no status uplift)... Quite a gift.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
QR are offering companion fares on their business class product. Best of the bunch looks to be:

LHR-MLE at £3,095
MAN-MEL at £4,606

Some interesting fares out of BKK and CGK to Europe over Spring Break. Looks like they book into D class. However, I can't find anything in fare rules about miles earned. Would miles be earned on both tickets? If credited to AA?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Some interesting fares out of BKK and CGK to Europe over Spring Break. Looks like they book into D class. However, I can't find anything in fare rules about miles earned. Would miles be earned on both tickets? If credited to AA?
Check with AA. I know that BA give Avios for all business class fares on QR.

AA would be even better, as they still give their 100% status bonus for flights taken on QR, whereas BA do not.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I posted this in milesbuzz, but there is also a UA F from ORD-LHR RT for under $3k nov 26, return nov 30.
this has been available for a long time and IAH is even cheaper and obviously much better cpm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

LHR-MLE at £3,095
MAN-MEL at £4,606

Got an excellent deal with this promo : 2 tickets in D MAD-DOH-EZE for end January : 3050 € ai
23 180 EQM and 34 780 EQP
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by awestphal
Just confirmed a refundable (!) K fare on TK ex CAI to KUL 08Nov / 11Nov for EUR 1.203. TK's Website offered a restriced K fare same dates for EUR 926 return.

Granted, there is the risk of an old C seat on the IST KUL sector AND you would have to get to CAI and back, but still...
Flew CAI to KUL yesterday on TK. GREAT flights. Food fantastic. Old C seats, but worth every penny.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Endesu
Interesting thing was that I added a rental car for the duration of my stay and the price actually dropped to $2025 including car, meaning the rental car is basically free. Is that normal for BA? Nice surprise anyway.
Yeah, experienced the same on a booking to LAX I just made. They advertise a 15% combo savings on flight+car packages.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA *G, Etihad GD, DL si
Originally Posted by thierry
Got an excellent deal with this promo : 2 tickets in D MAD-DOH-EZE for end January : 3050 € ai
23 180 EQM and 34 780 EQP
very good deal :-)
booked MUC-DOH-BKK for a little of €2600 ai in I Class for my wife an me - companion award by QR

and shows up 125% avios by BA
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Anyone want to do the YEG-TGU Run on a weekend with me on UA in Biz for $777? Either a 1hr.1 minute turnaround in TGU or can do an overnight in IAH/ORD/DCA to make it at least something.. I'm a bit weary about the 1hr turnaround in TGU, reading through the thread it says it can be very close. Im worried about suspicion at immigration even if I am doing SDT or staying just one night.

Last edited by SKYEG; Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Anyone want to do the YEG-TGU Run on a weekend with me on UA in Biz for $777? Either a 1hr.1 minute turnaround in TGU or can do an overnight in IAH/ORD/DCA to make it at least something.. I'm a bit weary about the 1hr turnaround in TGU, reading through the thread it says it can be very close. Im worried about suspicion at immigration even if I am doing SDT or staying just one night.

Booked with a friend back to back weekends end of January/February. Status in a few runs all in C!

Going to be interesting as we are on the same day turnaround. Got a few tips from Fters who took this route and did SDT. Also, tripped out after realizing this is the 2nd most dangerous airport in the world. Any experiences to share?!! LOL
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Also, tripped out after realizing this is the 2nd most dangerous airport in the world. Any experiences to share?!! LOL
For the sake of keeping this thread on topic please direct responses on specific airports such as TGU to the regional FT For a which in this case the Central America forum.

Thanks,

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I just discovered something interesting. I decided to fly to Sao Paulo to see friends and keep my Executive Platinum status on American. I wanted to fly from LAX to DFW to GRU in order to get the newest plane to Sao Paulo. The lowest business class fare shown was $5081. Then I went to American Airlines vacations. For $3750 I got the same flights plus four nights at the Intercontinental Hotel. I was assured that the flights would count towards elite status and that I would get the class of service bonus. I'm not sure whether this works for other destinations or it was a fluke.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
SFO-ZRH December Air France/Delta/KLM $2318 Business Class

SFO-ZRH December Air France/Delta/KLM. Also works to FRA.

$2318 Business Class

Sample booking:

Your departure flight : San Francisco - Zurich
open detail Sunday, December 8, 2013
AF083 - Business3:25 PM San Francisco, International Airport (SFO) CA - United States of America - TERMINAL I
11:10 AM
+1 DayParis, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E Operated by : Air France Aircraft : Boeing 777-200Inflight meal served : dinner. Snack. Class : Zduration : 10h45mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)
open detail Monday, December 9, 2013
AF1614 - Business12:55 PM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2G
2:10 PM Zurich, Zurich (ZRH) - Switzerland Operated by : HOP REGIONAL Aircraft : Embraer 190Inflight meal served : dinner. Class : Jduration : 01h15mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)

Your return flight : Zurich - San Francisco
open detail Sunday, December 15, 2013
AF1415 - Business7:50 AM Zurich, Zurich (ZRH) - Switzerland
9:15 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2G Operated by : HOP REGIONAL Aircraft : Embraer 190Inflight meal served : Breakfast. Class : Jduration : 01h25mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)
AF084 - Business10:40 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E
1:15 PM San Francisco, International Airport (SFO) CA - United States of America - TERMINAL I Operated by : Air France Aircraft : Boeing 777-200Inflight meal served : dinner. Snack. Class : Zduration : 11h35mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première) informationFor the latest baggage policies, please review all relevant baggage pages before you travel

Total price, excluding options : $2,318.15
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
SFO-ZRH December Air France/Delta/KLM. Also works to FRA.

$2318 Business Class

Sample booking:

Your departure flight : San Francisco - Zurich
open detail Sunday, December 8, 2013
AF083 - Business3:25 PM San Francisco, International Airport (SFO) CA - United States of America - TERMINAL I
11:10 AM
+1 DayParis, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E Operated by : Air France Aircraft : Boeing 777-200Inflight meal served : dinner. Snack. Class : Zduration : 10h45mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)
open detail Monday, December 9, 2013
AF1614 - Business12:55 PM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2G
2:10 PM Zurich, Zurich (ZRH) - Switzerland Operated by : HOP REGIONAL Aircraft : Embraer 190Inflight meal served : dinner. Class : Jduration : 01h15mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)

Your return flight : Zurich - San Francisco
AF1415 - Business7:50 AM Zurich, Zurich (ZRH) - Switzerland
9:15 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2G Operated by : HOP REGIONAL Aircraft : Embraer 190Inflight meal served : Breakfast. Class : Jduration : 01h25mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première)
AF084 - Business10:40 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E
1:15 PM San Francisco, International Airport (SFO) CA - United States of America - TERMINAL I Operated by : Air France Aircraft : Boeing 777-200Inflight meal served : dinner. Snack. Class : Zduration : 11h35mn non stopBaggage allowance : 2 bags, up to 23kgs each (32kg in Business and La Première) informationFor the latest baggage policies, please review all relevant baggage pages before you travel

Total price, excluding options : $2,318.15
great post. works into 2014...^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.