Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I cant find any of the DL fares to Europe people posted here. Used Kayak, ITA, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:39 pm

I was able to buy JFK-BCN on DL for 1900 in August. 2-week stay.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joefouche
LH LAX-MUC-IST on united.com $1719 AI (sample 5/12 - 5/25). Pretty sweet, although there are frequent Y deals on this route for $700 or less, unlike other transatlantic routes.
I'm seeing (on ITA) that you can route thru FRA both way for a few bucks more (seeing 1733 ai). The advantage there is that you can get into the 748 on the LAX-FRA-LAX legs which has true lie flats in J. the LAX-MUC flights are operated by 346's, none of which have the new J. Sample dates 5/1 - 5/14
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 pm

Ku lhr - jfk c eur 1,228

Note this good deal in C from Europe, with Kuwait Airways:
KU LHR - JFK in C EUR 1,228.

Caveat: dry airline (no alcohol), they also are in no alliance it seems. Not the best seats either.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by af fp
Note this good deal in C from Europe, with Kuwait Airways:
KU LHR - JFK in C EUR 1,228.

Caveat: dry airline (no alcohol), they also are in no alliance it seems. Not the best seats either.
Kuwait also charges 3 KWD for a visa if you want to enter.
TWOV is possible BUT you MUST remain airside.
This is also true for US/UK/Canadian passports.
Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
on arrival.
Visa Issuance:
Visa required, except for Holders of (insert nationality)
passports can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 3
months. Fee: max. KWD 3.-. Extension is possible.
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused
entry.
I have no idea about how easy it would be explain a visit to Kuwait to a CBP officer though which is why I want to use HK passport to visit that country (and because I can't be denied entry into HK no matter what)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I saw that too. One question though, I've seen a lot of posting regarding P fares not able to get the 150% PQM. Does this happen to fare like this?
Per UA webiste, codeshare LH

Full Fare Economy Y, B, P 125%(base Miles) 150%(premier qualifying miles) 1.5 Also, says it when you are booking the fare....you wont have issues with the miles credit.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298

IS UA doing anything besides this LAX-IST? IE other cities with the match??

Last edited by shawntobi; Jan 25, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Kuwait also charges 3 KWD for a visa if you want to enter.
TWOV is possible BUT you MUST remain airside.
This is also true for US/UK/Canadian passports.
Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
on arrival.
Visa Issuance:
Visa required, except for Holders of (insert nationality)
passports can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 3
months. Fee: max. KWD 3.-. Extension is possible.
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused
entry.
I have no idea about how easy it would be explain a visit to Kuwait to a CBP officer though which is why I want to use HK passport to visit that country (and because I can't be denied entry into HK no matter what)
It is a direct LHR-JFK flight, continuing from Kuwait, no stop in Kuwait (this would make the trip quite long). So no Kuwait visa or explanation needed.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by tadair
FYI, this fare dropped $20 today to $1,611.64. DL JFK-SVO 6/13-6/24. Unreal for lie flats.
every airline and alliance is having crazy US-Moscow sale. Y fares are going for the 500's. Guess those visa hassles are *really* deterring non-essential travel.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I saw that too. One question though, I've seen a lot of posting regarding P fares not able to get the 150% PQM. Does this happen to fare like this?
I had to pull teeth to get my LH P fares to credit last year -- nearly 4 months IIRC. I definitely wouldn't do these near the end of the year if you're counting on the miles to requalify. UA P fares credited normally.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:58 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 787fan
every airline and alliance is having crazy US-Moscow sale. Y fares are going for the 500's. Guess those visa hassles are *really* deterring non-essential travel.
That and this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...port-says.html

Any $$ savings on the flight are quickly absorbed by the local economy in Moscow!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:32 pm

Egyptair

Sale 20% until 31 Jan. Book on egyptair.com. Far East Asia from Europe near 1200-1300 eur. Depart before 15 March.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
I had to pull teeth to get my LH P fares to credit last year -- nearly 4 months IIRC. I definitely wouldn't do these near the end of the year if you're counting on the miles to requalify. UA P fares credited normally.
I have heard of some having problems with P fares on LH. However, I flew RT IAH/STR in November and the P fares posted with proper bonus within three days.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat

Seems like sfo fra ist is 2080 and you get j on lh both ways on the a380. May 10-20.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is not quite specific to CX, but is related to OW or MR deals. I am moving the thread over to MR Deals.

cxfan1960
CX Mod
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:45 pm

$10K HKD Return to SYD BUSINESS CLASS

$1290 USD, if anyone is interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.