Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/AA: NYC-HNL ~$435 ai RT (Jan 2013; Tons of Dates; AA match)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/AA: NYC-HNL ~$435 ai RT (Jan 2013; Tons of Dates; AA match)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Confirmed and booked, thank you OP for such a fantastic fare!

EWR-HNL (12/10)
HNL-EWR (12/10)
EWR-HNL (12/11)
HNL-IAH (12/11)
IAH-LGA (12/12)

Positioning flights: PHX-EWR (12/09-red eye), LGA-PHX (12/12)

Three days straight traveling around... Could someone tell me if there's a shower facility in either EWR or HNL please? I have club access, just want to freshen up between flights.

Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
EWR yes, HNL no, I believe, but am not sure anymore. Maybe one of the lounges added one?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyer89

Three days straight traveling around... Could someone tell me if there's a shower facility in either EWR or HNL please? I have club access, just want to freshen up between flights.

EWR is a Yes and HNL is a No, Enjoy
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:25 pm

Thank you both.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
Is EWR-HNL a tough upgrade with RPU? And how does one search if there is upgrade availability on UA?
It is a tough upgrade and you can ONLY upgrade on this route with an RPU or GPU (no complimentary upgrades). United sells a lot of last minute upgrades on this route too. I took this flight at the end of October and was #2 on the upgrade list with 3 open F seats when I checked in around 24 hours before. About 3 hours after I checked in, all F seats disappeared and I ended up in the back of the bus!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is EWR-HNL a tough upgrade with RPU? And how does one search if there is upgrade availability on UA?
I would upgrade at booking if you can. The EWR-HNL is tough, the IAH-HNL is easier. But depends on the plane. I got back yesterday on the HNL-EWR on a intl conf 767 with 39 BF seats so more upgrades available than the traditional 767 used on that route.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I would upgrade at booking if you can. The EWR-HNL is tough, the IAH-HNL is easier. But depends on the plane. I got back yesterday on the HNL-EWR on a intl conf 767 with 39 BF seats so more upgrades available than the traditional 767 used on that route.
Sammyindc,
Which day did you fly? I was on Dec 5 HNL-EWR and it was an international 767 since the flight outbound had issues and switching planes (originally scheduled for Frankfurt) lead to a 5 hr delay both days.

Caution for those doing back to back MRs. if HNL-EWR is significantly delayed, the 2nd days plane may be different so you may misconnect. Our flight got in after 5pm on the 6th but the EWR-HNL went out at 1:30 as scheduled.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:28 pm

Sammyindc,
Which day did you fly? I was on Dec 5 HNL-EWR and it was an international 767 since the flight outbound had issues and switching planes (originally scheduled for Frankfurt) lead to a 5 hr delay both days.

Caution for those doing back to back MRs. if HNL-EWR is significantly delayed, the 2nd days plane may be different so you may misconnect. Our flight got in after 5pm on the 6th but the EWR-HNL went out at 1:30 as scheduled.
I flew on Dec 4. Did EWR-IAH-HNL-EWR
The HNK-EWR was on a new intl config 767 CO plane.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:10 pm

Did your Dec 4 HNL-EWR show as internationally configured before you booked?

When we moved from a older 767-400 to an int one, there was mayham. They moved some non-status passengers into first plus the space available UA FA sitting in my row. The gate agents were frazzled and just moved anyone who no longer had a seat and did not check any type of status. They moved 2 other passengers to my row group for the space opened up by the upgraded FA.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:30 pm

Did your Dec 4 HNL-EWR show as internationally configured before you booked?

When we moved from a older 767-400 to an int one, there was mayham. They moved some non-status passengers into first plus the space available UA FA sitting in my row. The gate agents were frazzled and just moved anyone who no longer had a seat and did not check any type of status. They moved 2 other passengers to my row group for the space opened up by the upgraded FA.
I was booked on the HNL-IAH-EWR route but when I saw that the HNL-EWR was moved to intl configured 767 with BF availability I changed my return routing a few hours before the flight.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:13 am

Okay doing more runs between Dec 8-10/11, primarily between EWR-HNL.

If you see someone wearing/carrying a red/white ski jacket with a hood and have a black briggs & Riley rollabord plus a large black and tan longchomp bag, feel fee to say hi.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Last time I was there on CO gate exit like normal you walk off the plane and you are at the gate where outbound passengers are sitting. Would not not want to spend at least 1 day in Hawaii.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:29 am

Unfortunately I had my vacation booked a while back for the Keys (Siesta Keys down to Key West) and plan to do some diving so have limited amount of time to really squeeze in some MRs.

The United Club in HNL is 1 level up from the gate.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyer89

EWR-HNL (12/10)
HNL-EWR (12/10)
EWR-HNL (12/11)
HNL-IAH (12/11)
IAH-LGA (12/12)

Positioning flights: PHX-EWR (12/09-red eye), LGA-PHX (12/12)

I'll be on the EWR-HNL-EWR on 12/10.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:18 pm

I will see you then sir, if you need club access let me know, I can guess you in since we'll be in the same plane outbound and inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.