AA: US-DOH, from $678 in Dec; cheaper in '13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: US-DOH, from $678 in Dec; cheaper in '13

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is it possible to do quick turns in DOH airport? Will 2 hours between arriving and departing flights be enough?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by golhon
Is it possible to do quick turns in DOH airport? Will 2 hours between arriving and departing flights be enough?
I think it shouldn't be a problem but DOH is tricky b/c you could spend upwards to 30-45 minutes to get to the terminal as you have to take a bus wing side. Also I have seen them close gates 45 minutes before departure as well. I guess this is because it takes so long to get passengers out to the planes via bus, loaded and ready for take off.

However, QR will allow to book connecting flights in DOH with only 45 minute connections.

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
OA14EQP1 is the fare, i.e. tickets book into O class with a 14 day advance purchase.
Is there anything I need to do in particular to find this fare? When I searched AA DFW-DOH for Feb/march I got a fare of 1200. Is it possible the dates I'm searching the fare is not available?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:20 am

I see $703 for Dec 1 departure JFK-CDG-LHR-BAH-DOH... but most flights on BA.

$674 for couple of weekends mid January 2013: JFK-LHR-BAH-DOH

$693 for same dates: JFK-LHR-BAH-DOH-BAH-LHR-MIA-JFK. 15484 miles RT
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:22 am

SFO-DFW-LHR-BAH-DOH-BAH-LHR-JFK-SFO for $925 with TATL on AA mid January
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:50 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Tries
Hope AA is doing D/TEQM for your trip, which btw, is INSANE!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
You are giving too much credit. There's not even any backtracking on that! I have BOS-LHR-BAH-DOH-BAH-LHR-DFW-BOS available. That's a 3-4 hour overflight .
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by uxb
Hope AA is doing D/TEQM for your trip, which btw, is INSANE!

I actually would go there from SFO for $925, but I don't really see what I can do in Doha for 24 or 48 hours.

Not sure how BA economy class in 777 looks like. But... with all BA First and AA Flagship lounges the trip looks to be doable.

Other concern though is... for a little less miles and a little more money Europe could be doable at that time as well.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
what's the cpm like for this route?! I am debating whether to just enjoy my EXP and burn miles through 2013 or earn it again. Biggest concern for me is that I am a bit skeptical with the whole US Airways merger and wnat to ensure my 400k+ miles don't get devalued. Better to spend them while possible.

Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:18 am
uxb

I actually would go there from SFO for $925, but I don't really see what I can do in Doha for 24 or 48 hours.

Not sure how BA economy class in 777 looks like. But... with all BA First and AA Flagship lounges the trip looks to be doable.

Other concern though is... for a little less miles and a little more money Europe could be doable at that time as well.
I'm actually considering this trip as a way of going to India since AA no longer does India direct.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:23 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I think it shouldn't be a problem but DOH is tricky b/c you could spend upwards to 30-45 minutes to get to the terminal as you have to take a bus wing side. Also I have seen them close gates 45 minutes before departure as well. I guess this is because it takes so long to get passengers out to the planes via bus, loaded and ready for take off.

However, QR will allow to book connecting flights in DOH with only 45 minute connections.

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
OA14EQP1 is the fare, i.e. tickets book into O class with a 14 day advance purchase.
Is there anything I need to do in particular to find this fare? When I searched AA DFW-DOH for Feb/march I got a fare of 1200. Is it possible the dates I'm searching the fare is not available?
This would be really tricky to do on a same day turn

DOH uses all bus gates.

Separate arrival and departure terminal buildings not immediately next to each other. You'd have to walk it or take a taxi.

Extra security for USA bound flights.

Two hours is too short in my opinion.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
This would be really tricky to do on a same day turn

DOH uses all bus gates.

Separate arrival and departure terminal buildings not immediately next to each other. You'd have to walk it or take a taxi.

Extra security for USA bound flights.

Two hours is too short in my opinion.
Extra security would come at LHR though, not DOH, as the US-bound flight departs LHR, not DOH.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:06 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by uxb
That's a really good fare. I have a $500,- voucher. Wondering if that will work since the fare is likely using AA between JFK-LHR. Hmm...

I think it is also important to point out that you can set up the itinerary in such a way that you have a half-day (or day) in London on your return home. Freakin' awesome if you ask me.
In a follow-up to my previous post - AA said they will accept the VDB voucher so long as the first and last legs were AA metal and all the segments in btwn were AA codeshare. Looks like I am going to DOH for $22,- + adj. tax, which means India should prolly cost me no more than $450,- r/t. Gonna plunk down a couple of SWUs, and I'm off to a great start for 2013. Thanks OP for this amazing find!!! ^^^
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: Varying levels of elite and non-elite across several vendors.
I have the same-day turnaround on hold for another hour and am having trouble hitting "purchase" because I'm afraid it's too tight. Anyone want to offer words of encouragement?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
SEA-MIA-JFK-LHR-DOH-LHR-JFK-DFW-SEA 20,278 EQM @ $1,058.60. January dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.