DL/KL/LX: ORD-IST $529 (UA match noted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/KL/LX: ORD-IST $529 (UA match noted)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

I snagged a great rate in the currently going hilton 3-day fire/flash sale. The full service hilton was ~$100 USD per night, and the doubletree likely less.

If you're ok with non-refundable, take a look at the sale in the hilton forum.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
BF?

Any luck finding it from the west coast?

Edit: Nvm, BF=base fare. Now if only I could decode a certain thread

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 22, 2012 at 2:29 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:15 am

careful with miles on lx

Other threads note that some lx fares don't earn miles on ua
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
The perennial IST fare is back today on KL w/DL code shares or for a few $ less on LX. Travel between Jan 21 and Feb 28. Book before Oct 26th unless they pull it sooner.

BF is $81.50 each way.
Since this fare was already in MR Deals, I've merged yours into the existing thread and noted the LX option in the title.

Please send an Alert in the event that this fare sells out or expires - or to advise of another thread on the same fare - since this fare deal pops up very frequently.

Cheers, BiziBB, Moderator, Mileage Run
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:02 pm

Ua ord-ist 3.84 cpm

I booked a couple of ORD-IST fares on all-UA metal for weekends in February and March that cost $502.90 for 13,102 miles (3.84 CPM) with the following routing: ORD-IAH-EWR-IST, IST-EWR-ORD.

Looks like this can be done pretty much any weekend late January to the beginning of March.

The trick is to route through IAH and EWR on the way there, which is bookable on United.com if you do a multi-city fare.

Example multi-city search:
ORD-IAH 2/15
IAH-EWR 2/15
EWR-IST 2/15
IST-ORD 2/17

Last edited by radcon; Oct 24, 2012 at 8:08 pm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
I booked ORD-IST-ORD for 11/29 - 12/2 to keep my DL PM status for next year. I had plans that had me in ORD that week already but now those plans have changed. Am I violating any policies by booking LIT-ORD on 11/29 and ORD-LIT on 12/2 as a separate trip? I don't want to risk having either trip cancelled by DL.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:53 pm

hope for the best

Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
I booked ORD-IST-ORD for 11/29 - 12/2 to keep my DL PM status for next year. I had plans that had me in ORD that week already but now those plans have changed. Am I violating any policies by booking LIT-ORD on 11/29 and ORD-LIT on 12/2 as a separate trip? I don't want to risk having either trip cancelled by DL.
I'm doing the same thing positioning from DTW in Feb to work towards 2014 status! dtw-ord [ord-ams-ist-ams-ord] -dtw ... shouldn't be a problem except that I always have weather problems in ord ! ;-)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by djm3
I'm doing the same thing positioning from DTW in Feb to work towards 2014 status! dtw-ord [ord-ams-ist-ams-ord] -dtw ... shouldn't be a problem except that I always have weather problems in ord ! ;-)
Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
Not a problem. However if you are not in ORD in time for your trip to IST, that entire ORD/IST itinerary is gone, and you will have nothing to do but wait in the airport until 12/2 for your flight back to LIT. Similarly, if you don't make it back to ORD on 12/2 and do not reschedule, you will have no way to get to LIT (DL will not refund or help you reschedule this fare). Do not ask for help, they will not give it to you.

If it were me, I would fly LIT - ORD on 11/28 (for any weather delays in ORD), and ORD - LIT on 12/3 (to make sure customs is not a problem). In that case you will almost certainly make your itinerary. Good luck.

Last edited by funInSun; Oct 29, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
$504 in late Jan
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Just booked ORD-EWR-IST-EWR-ORD for $504. Jan 10-13 on UA.

I love IST, its a great city!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by funInSun
Not a problem. However if you are not in ORD in time for your trip to IST, that entire ORD/IST itinerary is gone, and you will have nothing to do but wait in the airport until 12/2 for your flight back to LIT. Similarly, if you don't make it back to ORD on 12/2 and do not reschedule, you will have no way to get to LIT (DL will not refund or help you reschedule this fare). Do not ask for help, they will not give it to you.

If it were me, I would fly LIT - ORD on 11/28 (for any weather delays in ORD), and ORD - LIT on 12/3 (to make sure customs is not a problem). In that case you will almost certainly make your itinerary. Good luck.
I think I'm going to roll the dice. I'll fly LIT-ATL-MCO, arriving at 11:05 AM. The flight from MCO-ATL-AMS-IST leaves at 1:00 PM so hopefully we'll be on time.

On the return, I'm scheduled back in to MCO at 2:30 PM and will book the 6:00 PM flight from MCO-ATL-LIT. With any luck we'll be on time or early and I can SDC.

One question - If I check a bag, would I need to claim luggage in MCO and recheck for the other itin? I'm pretty sure I'll just take a carry-on but just wondering.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
It is a great fare but again not for M&M cause you only get 50% credit. That is how I messed up an easy upgrade to SEN by flying mostly on United this year.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA G
Grumble. No price drops on W fares. Weak.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Heading there over Thanksgiving weekend. Should be fun. Need to find a reasonable hotel as there are no South American chains in Turkey. :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.