Reload this Page >

UA: BOS-PDX ~$242 RT AI, as low as 3.6 cpm

Old May 7, 2012, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Original post: Same day turns widely available starting around August 21st through October 31st. One connection allowed in each direction according to routing rules. LAX followed closely by IAH seem to be the best connections for highest mileage. G fare code.

Update: This fare has returned, with availability through the middle of December. Same rules and fares as before. Thanks to CokeandTaco for calling attention to it. DL has semi-matched, but for $280 and with very little availability and only as a codeshare on the AS nonstop. That is 5.5 cpm, some one stops for more are 5.2 cpm, but not quite good enough to be a mileage run for most. Nobody else has done anything as of yet.

Second update: Fare is slightly lower on some dates in September and October, and continues on for many other dates. Down as low as 3.6 cpm, $242 RT AI. Edit: Thanks tcook052!

Last edited by TheBOSman; Jul 10, 2012 at 7:17 pm Reason: Fare has returned
Old May 7, 2012, 11:39 pm

UA BOS-PDX ~$260 RT AI, as low as 3.8 cpm

Nice find. This works pdx to bos too.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:43 pm

Available May 30 as well. ;-)

Reverse is available Aug-Oct and drops to low $250s for early week travel (and a few days in late May/early June). Usually through SFO (~4 cpm) and requiring redeyes to BOS. ITA shows some days offering two stops PDX>BOS that increase AI by $10 or less; I saw PDX-LAX-SFO-BOS-SFO-PDX for $265.00 AI & 3.6 cpm.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
fare gone
Old May 8, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's still there. Just verified it on .bomb myself as well, and still shows on ITA.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:48 am
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
The fare is still available for a few days that I am looking at in September (originating PDX). Do a flexible dates search and it will show up in the calendar.

Last edited by jtn; May 8, 2012 at 6:50 am Reason: Added origination city
Old May 8, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jtn
The fare is still available for a few days that I am looking at in September (originating PDX). Do a flexible dates search and it will show up in the calendar.
I'm using September 8th (a Saturday) departing and returning to Boston. .bomb doesn't show it on flexible date search but just using those dates works. I'd try looking up dates on ITA Matrix, and then inputting those dates onto .bomb directly. Availability is still wide open on ITA. Some flights arrive or depart after midnight so account for that best as possible. Same day Fridays doesn't seem to work from BOS but all other days look good, at least in September.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:45 am

Thanks to those who found and posted about this. I just booked this itinerary for $258.20 for 6,844 miles, 3.77cpm:

PDX - IAH Sep 25
IAH - BOS Sep 25
BOS - IAH Sep 25
IAH - PDX Sep 25

I had to use the flexible date calendar to find it, even then the calendar said $300 bucks but this fare came up after clicking the date.

I'm currently a gold elite member, going for better status next year, what do you think my chances are of getting an upgrade on these routes? Probably not good with IAH in the mix, I'm guessing.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by BlitzXor
Thanks to those who found and posted about this. I just booked this itinerary for $258.20 for 6,844 miles, 3.77cpm:

PDX - IAH Sep 25
IAH - BOS Sep 25
BOS - IAH Sep 25
IAH - PDX Sep 25

I had to use the flexible date calendar to find it, even then the calendar said $300 bucks but this fare came up after clicking the date.
If you do a multi-city search and force a connection in IAH or some of the other cities you'll see more flights and can kinda trick the system into giving you the G fare that may be available on the individual flights but not on the complete one way trip. I did that and was able to get the same routing as above for the same price even though the simple search only gave me other flights.

Originally Posted by BlitzXor
I'm currently a gold elite member, going for better status next year, what do you think my chances are of getting an upgrade on these routes? Probably not good with IAH in the mix, I'm guessing.
You may have decent luck on a Tuesday. Usually Monday and Thursday are the heavy business travel days.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Free agent!
FWIW, this deal is still available as I was this close to booking PDX-IAH-BOS-SFO-PDX in mid-October but am deciding to pass... for now.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still available as of 11AM EDT. Good to see a decent fare with some staying power.

Edit Friday 3PM EDT: Fare STILL available!

Last edited by TheBOSman; May 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Old May 12, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Matched on AA both midwk Sept. and end of Oct.(Halloween):PDX-LAX-BOS;
^
Old May 12, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centavo
Matched on AA both midwk Sept. and end of Oct.(Halloween):PDX-LAX-BOS;
^
Can be done same day out of BOS as well, as long as you're willing to fly the redeye LAX-BOS and get up early for the morning BOS-LAX flight. ^ Do note that the LAX-PDX flight is on AS, there should still be a T4-T6 bus to replace the old T4-T3 bus now that Alaska Airlines has moved over to T6 at LAX.

Still widely available on UA as well.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fare still available as of 8AM May 16th.
Old May 19, 2012, 6:37 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
I think the fare is gone now. I've tried dates in August, Sept and Oct...all are > $350

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.