Search

UA: SFO-HNL-GUM-NRT-ICN $886ai @ 5cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
UA: SFO-HNL-GUM-NRT-ICN $886ai @ 5cpm

K fare with all flights on B777 available. A few dates in 1/13 and 2/13; haven't looked beyond. Requires an overnight stay at ICN - you can stay airside at the airport hotel. Can also be booked with a longer stay.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Hnl to gum can the island hopper be factored into this run?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Angust
Usually, yes. Unless the fare specifies HNL-GUM nonstops.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If there were closer to 3cpm, like some of the recent domestic MRs, I'd be REALLY interested.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Angust
Yes but I don't think you'll get the extra mileage for the segments, so I wouldn't do it in both directions.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Available as one-way. Could be interesting positioning.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes but I don't think you'll get the extra mileage for the segments, so I wouldn't do it in both directions.
Yea, once is enough, unless you have a new wife/GF and you have to do it all over again.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
Originally Posted by burlax
K fare with all flights on B777 available. A few dates in 1/13 and 2/13; haven't looked beyond. Requires an overnight stay at ICN - you can stay airside at the airport hotel. Can also be booked with a longer stay.
Using multiple destinations on UA.com, I haven't been able to force GUM into the return from ICN without the fare jumping to $1300. So with a return that has NRT-HNL instead of NRT-GUM-HNL the mileage drops about 1500 mi, increasing the cpm to 5.6 (with a fare of $860). How did you do it?

Last edited by miniliq; Oct 27, 2012 at 8:28 am Reason: added fare info
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If there were closer to 3cpm, like some of the recent domestic MRs, I'd be REALLY interested.
that'd take the fare down some 40% to ~ $ 500 - doubt this will happen, unless for a mistake fare.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:04 pm

UA: SFO-HNL-GUM-NRT-ICN-SFO $1354ai @ 9cpm

Originally Posted by miniliq
Using multiple destinations on UA.com, I haven't been able to force GUM into the return from ICN without the fare jumping to $1300. So with a return that has NRT-HNL instead of NRT-GUM-HNL the mileage drops about 1500 mi, increasing the cpm to 5.6 (with a fare of $860). How did you do it?
How'd you force United.com's Multiple Destination tool to include more than 5 segments? (I'm a noob). I can't seem to increase the number of segments beyond 5 (?)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
Originally Posted by mi1m001
How'd you force United.com's Multiple Destination tool to include more than 5 segments? (I'm a noob). I can't seem to increase the number of segments beyond 5 (?)
It should allow up to 6 segments -- let me step through an example for the fare in question:
Choose multiple destinations; enter the first two flights and then click on "Add another flight", etc.
1/21 SFO-HNL
1/21 HNL-NRT
1/23 NRT-ICN
1/24 ICN-NRT
1/24 NRT-HNL
1/24 HNL-SFO

I just checked and the fare is still there: $860.40

You can play with dates -- remember you're crossing the date line twice, which always makes scheduling a bit complicated.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 pm

Sfo-lax-ogg-gum-tto-sel

From the routing rules from expertflyer (pasted below), is this a legal/viable itinerary? If so, how would one use United.com's Multiple Destination tool to specify more than 6 segments?

Routing Details
Search: Departing SFO on 01/15/13 for ICN
Fare basis code KLX73MM1
Flying UA
Routing via Pacific

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 KLX73MM1 K‡R 418.00 T08NV 7/3 3/ 6M PA01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-SFO TO-SEL CXR-UA TVL-15JAN13 RULE-PW2S IPRP/3
FARE BASIS-KLX73MM1 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-XPN RT-INSTANT PURCHASE NONREFUNDABLE-TYPE FARES
USD 418.00 0501 E16OCT12 D-INFINITY FC-KLX73MM1 FN-44
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 15OCT12/1229 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG SFO-SEL/UA501 /TAR-TPRG EF-16OCT12 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE PACIFIC/
1. SFO-SFO/SEA/LAX-HNL-WP/UA/HA-OGG/MKK/LNY/LIH/KOA/JHM/ITO-
WP/UA/HA-HNL-GUM-UA/CO-TYO/OSA-UA/OZ-SEL
2. SFO-HNL-WP/UA/HA-OGG/MKK/LNY/LIH/KOA/JHM/ITO-WP/UA/HA-HNL-
GUM-UA/CO-TYO/OSA-UA/OZ-SEL
3. SFO-SNA-HNL-WP/UA/HA-OGG/MKK/LNY/LIH/KOA/JHM/ITO-WP/UA/HA-
HNL-GUM-UA/CO-TYO/OSA-UA/OZ-SEL
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:57 pm

UA: SFO-HNL-GUM-NRT-ICN-NRT-GUM-HNL-SFO $860 @ 5cpm

Originally Posted by miniliq
It should allow up to 6 segments -- let me step through an example for the fare in question:
Choose multiple destinations; enter the first two flights and then click on "Add another flight", etc.
1/21 SFO-HNL
1/21 HNL-NRT
1/23 NRT-ICN
1/24 ICN-NRT
1/24 NRT-HNL
1/24 HNL-SFO

I just checked and the fare is still there: $860.40

You can play with dates -- remember you're crossing the date line twice, which always makes scheduling a bit complicated.
Thanks for the help. Do you think this itinerary will go down any lower when priced on a Tues/Weds/Sat?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mi1m001
Thanks for the help. Do you think this itinerary will go down any lower when priced on a Tues/Weds/Sat?
Only one way to find out.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:03 am

Requires an overnight stay at ICN - you can stay airside at the airport hotel.
Had a seven hour layover at ICN in February and concur. A very civilized airport for this purpose - lots of shopping, a spa and hotel all airside.

There are also brief tour excursions depending on the amount of time you have to spend that collect you airside, whisk you through immigration, do your tour and deposit you back within a specified period of time. I think you need a minimum of 8-10hrs to do the tour of the DMZ where you can stand on the border and look into north korea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.