FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   DL: IAH/HOU - CLE/WAS $75-80 All-In, o/w (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1361340-dl-iah-hou-cle-75-80-all-o-w.html)

J.Edward Jun 28, 2012 8:59 am

DL: IAH/HOU - CLE/WAS/DEN $75-80 All-In, o/w

Edited to add: DEN

Houston (IAH) to Washington (DCA) - Thu, Oct 4
Delta Houston (IAH) to Minneapolis/Saint Paul (MSP) - Thu, Oct 4
Delta 5775 Dep: 7:45AM Arr: 10:30AM 2h 45m Embraer RJ-175 Economy (T)

OPERATED BY COMPASS DBA DELTA CONNECTION Layover in MSP 2h 30m

Delta Minneapolis/Saint Paul (MSP) to Washington (DCA) - Thu, Oct 4
Delta 1864 Dep: 1:00PM Arr: 4:26PM 2h 26m Boeing 757 Economy (T)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $79.10
Total cost for 1 passenger $79.10

sbm12 Jun 28, 2012 9:05 am

Am I doing the math right that this is 4cpMQM+ even on the best routings?

J.Edward Jun 28, 2012 9:12 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 18836221)
Am I doing the math right that this is 4cpMQM+ even on the best routings?

Guessing so, but for us IAH'ers (and HOU'ers), we'll happily take it!

AA_EXP09 Jun 28, 2012 9:12 am

Fare basis TA14B3SA
14 day AP

CokeandTaco Jun 28, 2012 9:32 am

DL: IAH-DEN also included....

jnb_tx Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am

don't hold your breath on a UA match... there's a greater chance of a snowstorm in houston this time of year than UA unleashing its claws of death on IAH even for a moment. :td:

EmailKid Jun 28, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx (Post 18836565)
don't hold your breath on a UA match... there's a greater chance of a snowstorm in houston this time of year than UA unleashing its claws of death on IAH even for a moment. :td:

UA will match from DL's hubs, as is the custom in these hub attacks @:-)

EmailKid, wishing for an AA attack :)

hoosiereph Jun 28, 2012 11:20 am

This could be very useful for positioning for the $2,012 transatlantic business-class fares -- originating in IAH opens up routing possibilities that would otherwise be unavailable.

Orion Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

It wasn't meant to be

I have wasted over one hour trying to book this fare at the Delta website. Each time I get the message that the fare has sold out for one of the flights I had selected.
I do another flight search and it presents the same choices. No matter what I choose I get the same message. I have tried virtually every weekend between now and the end of April 2013. No go.
Has the fare gone already?

CokeandTaco Jun 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 18837642)
I have wasted over one hour trying to book this fare at the Delta website. Each time I get the message that the fare has sold out for one of the flights I had selected.
I do another flight search and it presents the same choices. No matter what I choose I get the same message. I have tried virtually every weekend between now and the end of April 2013. No go.

I do not know exactly what you are trying to book or when you get the sold out message, but DL and Orbitz priced this out (to the booking information screens):
DL: Sep 22 DCA-MSP-IAH-MSP-DCA $160ai

I did not actually purchase this, so the issue/error may be occuring after personal and CC info.....

chichi Jun 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 18836943)
UA will match from DL's hubs, as is the custom in these hub attacks @:-)

EmailKid, wishing for an AA attack :)

Looks like UA did match in the DL hubs, I was able to book ATL-IAD-MSP-IAD-ATL for $162 same day return

krpjr Jun 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco (Post 18837793)
I do not know exactly what you are trying to book or when you get the sold out message, but DL and Orbitz priced this out (to the booking information screens):
DL: Sep 22 DCA-MSP-IAH-MSP-DCA $160ai

I did not actually purchase this, so the issue/error may be occuring after personal and CC info.....

Buy now and tink tink tink lata!!! I purchased a fare for $155 routing through MSP.

Orion Jun 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I was trying to use a credit to purchase the ticket. I will try again without trying to use a bump voucher or cash credit.

krpjr Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm

For once this week, I finally was able to purchase on delta.com without fare change errors. I was quite shocked. I had Travelocity up to purchase in any event! Join me for a same day turn! Aug18 (Saturday)!

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 18837642)

Orion Jun 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for the tips. I gave up trying to use the cash credit. I used a bump voucher to purchase a ticket (DCA-DTW-IAH-ATL-DCA) on Sept. 22, 2012. No problem.
I'm feeling lucky. I might try to purchase another.