Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: PDX-MIA $278 ai min. 4.4 cpm

Old Apr 5, 12, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold

Stumbled on this on a quick ITA peruse tonight. Books into K. Spotty availability mostly Sept-EOS.

I was going to book before realizing that UA tubed the annual E+ option in March. On top of taking away free E+ for Silver at booking, I'm joining with so many others to say to hell with UA. They've been my back up for the last few years and I love the occasional bargain fares, but I'm not interested in BOB seating. E+ on a per segment basis would about double the fare.

Posting this deal anyway and hope others find it more useful than I do.

--mcz
Old Apr 13, 12, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mczlaw View Post
Stumbled on this on a quick ITA peruse tonight. Books into K. Spotty availability mostly Sept-EOS.

I was going to book before realizing that UA tubed the annual E+ option in March. On top of taking away free E+ for Silver at booking, I'm joining with so many others to say to hell with UA. They've been my back up for the last few years and I love the occasional bargain fares, but I'm not interested in BOB seating. E+ on a per segment basis would about double the fare.

Posting this deal anyway and hope others find it more useful than I do.

--mcz
+1 I agree completely. The "new" UA sucks for us 25-50k per year flyers. Hope they realize the mistake they are making.
Old Apr 13, 12, 10:22 am

Thanks for the PDX fare!

Re: your comments on UA: I feel the same way regarding Silver and Gold status, but locked in with only a couple hundred thousand miles to go before million miler status. Not sure if its worth bailing at this point.

Was 1k last year and landed as GM this year.. what a bummer.
Old Apr 15, 12, 12:47 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Originally Posted by jjgollum View Post
Thanks for the PDX fare!

Re: your comments on UA: I feel the same way regarding Silver and Gold status, but locked in with only a couple hundred thousand miles to go before million miler status. Not sure if its worth bailing at this point.

Was 1k last year and landed as GM this year.. what a bummer.
Not to wander too far off topic, but I really feel for you all who are less than 1K this year. You got royally screwed in my opinion, especially on the bonus mile issue. If I ever drop to below 1K, I'm comping out to another airline.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: