Reload this Page >

UA: HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH-BON (Bonaire) $610ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH-BON (Bonaire) $610ai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by wildway
Also works on Delta and UA from ANC. $589.
When is the DL dates ex-ANC? Saw it on EF last night but haven't had a chance to pull this up on a proper computer yet (just my bb) and it seems DL operates ATL-BON 1x week on Sat. Sounds rather interesting ^
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by beckoa

Originally Posted by wildway
Also works on Delta and UA from ANC. $589.
When is the DL dates ex-ANC? Saw it on EF last night but haven't had a chance to pull this up on a proper computer yet (just my bb) and it seems DL operates ATL-BON 1x week on Sat. Sounds rather interesting ^
Ah m.orbitz.com held the key as dl.com was having issues too... Mid May worked, needed to select DL as carrier.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:19 pm

Mahalo!

$638 a.i.: HNL-DEN-EWR-BON-IAH-SFO-HNL, 5/3-5/12.

My GF and I are divers, and this will be the first time we've dived outside of the Pacific. Thanks again!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Any FTers getting in on this who are SCUBA divers? Just think, how often do you get a mileage run and an aspirational trip in one journey, booked in H class no less.
I'm trying! Too bad there's zero avail from east coast.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:32 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Originally Posted by navi-c
I'm trying! Too bad there's zero avail from east coast.
It's there from ORD. Semi east coast.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
I'm actually creating a triple MR
WAS-CLE-FLL/MIA-EWR-ORD-SFO-HNL/HNL-LAX-ORD-EWR-BON and back
1) is 94 e/w
2) is 531 r/t
3) is 610 r/t
Total cpm is 4.3
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
I'm actually creating a triple MR
WAS-CLE-FLL/MIA-EWR-ORD-SFO-HNL/HNL-LAX-ORD-EWR-BON and back
1) is 94 e/w
2) is 531 r/t
3) is 610 r/t
Total cpm is 4.3
What is your TIMEFRAME? I hope this is a TRIP (ie. time in Hawaii and Bonaire) and not just a MR
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by bradaj

My GF and I are divers, and this will be the first time we've dived outside of the Pacific. Thanks again!
Went there with my ex...it was an amazing trip. However, it is not like diving anywhere else. Almost all shore diving, but it was really amazing. Make sure you do at least one boat trip to the "wild side", the eastern side of the island. Not so much shore diving there because of the rougher sees. You'll end up renting a place that usually includes a pickup truck and you haul your air around with that. Very cool place. Watch out for the iguanas(literally...you'll step on them in the mornings or run over them in your truck). Oh, and PACK DEET. And bring me back one of those electric tennis rackets for bugs .
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Went there with my ex...it was an amazing trip. However, it is not like diving anywhere else. Almost all shore diving, but it was really amazing. Make sure you do at least one boat trip to the "wild side", the eastern side of the island. Not so much shore diving there because of the rougher sees. You'll end up renting a place that usually includes a pickup truck and you haul your air around with that. Very cool place. Watch out for the iguanas(literally...you'll step on them in the mornings or run over them in your truck). Oh, and PACK DEET. And bring me back one of those electric tennis rackets for bugs .
Agree with all the above ^ Bonaire and the ease/affordability of shore diving was one of our best trips.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bradaj

I'm green with envy. I want to go back.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:56 pm

Ticketing on the DL fare ex-ANC has been extended until April 10th it seems
Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:11 am

Thanks for the tips. I didn't research hotel/car/dive costs as much as I might have normally, so it's been a pleasant surprise to find that they are affordable too.

BTW, it looks like there is still plenty of availability (though that's constrained by only having weekly flights). And while the best CPM comes from the extra distance to the mainland from AK and HI, prices from the West Coast seem like at least a reasonable value at around $580.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Flying SEA-BON-SEA Round Trip with a same day turnaround Jun 9/10. When originally booked, there was 1.75 hours on the ground in Bonaire, but since schedule changes this has dropped to 1.25 hours. We are both in FC, and if we get BP's for the return trip before landing in BON, can we exit the aircraft to the boarding area, and then re-board? Or do we have to clear customs, and re-check in? We have already paid the departure tax as part of the ticket.

Has anyone done this before as quick turnaround? It's a small airport I know, so if turnaround remains as-is I think if we had to do the whole re-check in then we would be ok, but if the plane is delayed then this is another matter...

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this one....Thx
Old May 23, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by yvr1971
Flying SEA-BON-SEA Round Trip with a same day turnaround Jun 9/10. When originally booked, there was 1.75 hours on the ground in Bonaire, but since schedule changes this has dropped to 1.25 hours. We are both in FC, and if we get BP's for the return trip before landing in BON, can we exit the aircraft to the boarding area, and then re-board? Or do we have to clear customs, and re-check in? We have already paid the departure tax as part of the ticket.

Has anyone done this before as quick turnaround? It's a small airport I know, so if turnaround remains as-is I think if we had to do the whole re-check in then we would be ok, but if the plane is delayed then this is another matter...

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this one....Thx

As this has nothing to do with the BON-ANC fare, this would probably be better in its own thread in the appropriate section. This is for posting mileage run fares and their discussion.
Old May 25, 2012, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by yvr1971
... We are both in FC, and if we get BP's for the return trip before landing in BON, can we exit the aircraft to the boarding area, and then re-board? Or do we have to clear customs, and re-check in? We have already paid the departure tax as part of the ticket...
You will have to go through the whole process of exiting the airport and re-entering. I wouldn't worry about time. Unless you are switching from the EWR to the IAH flight or vice-versa a delayed arrival will mean a delayed departure.

Immigration and the baggage claim area are open-air, beware of mosquitoes. As you are coming from FC, you'll be among the first in line for immigration (and can ignore the sign that says "Dutch Nationals Only" over one of the two lanes). Nearly everyone will have checked luggage (dive gear) so you'll be the first through Customs, which is European-style: someone watching you on a monitor decides to open the door for you.

Also, the flight attendants made us fill out Bonaire arrival cards, but the immigration officer said they had not used them since 2010, so don't bother with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.