Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LAS-BDL/BUF/BWI/CMH/ALB/IND $197 ai (Apr, May; $213 ai eos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: LAS-BDL/BUF/BWI/CMH/ALB/IND $197 ai (Apr, May; $213 ai eos)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Ahhh!

.pss is really getting to me. Keeps .bomb ing everytime I'm trying to book a couple of these fares.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
I thought it was just me! It took me 30 minutes to book two tickets. Slower than molasses. All us FTers must have been bogging down the system.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by pbearmedic
Ahhh!

.pss is really getting to me. Keeps .bomb ing everytime I'm trying to book a couple of these fares.
Had the same problem. Worked all the way through entering the credit card details and then was sent to the page saying united.com could not complete my reservation. Kept trying online and it eventually went through after starting over again 3-4 times.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: CO Plat, Hilton Gold
What a MESS! I spent over 2.5 hrs with twotech support people in India to try and get a ticket. They claimed one of the segments did not exist but when they finally gave me a confirmation number, the flight did exist. It was impossible to see any of the seat maps. United clearly does not have a grasp on its business.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:50 am

Yesterday around 4 p.m. (Vegas time) as i mentioned I got 10 of them, all in about 15 mins. Shut me down between #6 & #7 for about 15 mins then O.K. again. Later that evening I printed out my itins and there was a message in red at the top stating that they they were doing maintenance. Everything slowed down to a snails pace.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had the same problem booking BWI-SAN flights few minutes ago. Finally I've clicked on "Call Me" button and I was connected to the rep within 2 minutes. She just asked me for my first flight number, last name and credit card numbers. She was done in 3 minutes. Very helpful and fast.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Originally Posted by Lafrancine
They claimed one of the segments did not exist but when they finally gave me a confirmation number, the flight did exist. It was impossible to see any of the seat maps. United clearly does not have a grasp on its business.

^

Had the same problem oddly enough. After banging my head against my computer screen for about 45 min, finally gave up and called in the make the res. The rep said that the segment from EWR-LAS didn't exist! She was completely confused about this, since she was pretty sure it did exist, but didn't know why her system didn't show it.

I gave up and booked through travel-atrocity.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Smile UA: BUF-EWR-LAS-EWR-BUF $197.2 / 5004 miles / 3.9 cpm

First MR post ;-)
screenshot from ITA
http://d.pr/o0fJ
http://d.pr/65K8

a lot of cheap fare through april-july, also there are some fares at $194 but you need two Xs at ORD and IAH.
Great for guys living in YYZ area, especially compares to $600 YYZ-LAS-YYZ.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:39 pm
Suspended

GREAT first post

Originally Posted by gokeeper
a lot of cheap fare through april-july, also there are some fares at $194 but you need two Xs at ORD and IAH.
Mileage-run wise, you can do MUCH better:

BUF-IAD-SFO-LAS-IAH-CLT-BUF, $201.80 ai, 3.5 cpm, 4/23-5/1
BUF-IAD-SFO-LAS-SFO-IAD-BUF, $204.80 ai, 3.3 cpm, 4/23-5/1
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:00 pm

While this is a nice first post in the MR forum, that specific deal is already being discussed in this other thread started yesterday, maybe the two threads can be merged.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
GREAT first post

Mileage-run wise, you can do MUCH better:

BUF-IAD-SFO-LAS-IAH-CLT-BUF, $201.80 ai, 3.5 cpm, 4/23-5/1
BUF-IAD-SFO-LAS-SFO-IAD-BUF, $204.80 ai, 3.3 cpm, 4/23-5/1
I agree that ITA shows the extra connections, but I'm having trouble getting them to price on .nuke (successor to .bomb). Any ideas?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:59 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I was finally able to book a same day turn on a Saturday ex-PIT... I am doing this run via IAD both ways on July 14th and booked for $197 ai.

Thanks OP!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
I agree that ITA shows the extra connections, but I'm having trouble getting them to price on .nuke (successor to .bomb). Any ideas?
I had that issue, basically, if G inventory dries up on one segment it won't price on UA.com.

I have had this issue quite often since they pulled the plug on the original Matrix. Not only that, sometimes ITA would show a certain price on a given date, then after clicking on that date the price in the results list are higher than what was shown in the calendar.

Methinks, the new matrix is having lagging issues between the minute a fare is no longer available and when the matrix displays the new price.

As a matter of fact, UA.com showed me an itinerary that ITA did not show me [earlier today for PIT-LAS] and it turned out to be better than what ITA gave me [via CLE on the outbound with CLE-LAS on the dinky 735].
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy

As a matter of fact, UA.com showed me an itinerary that ITA did not show me [earlier today for PIT-LAS] and it turned out to be better than what ITA gave me [via CLE on the outbound with CLE-LAS on the dinky 735].
Is it giving you 3 segment itins, or are you plugging in IAD SFO as connection points? (for example)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Is it giving you 3 segment itins, or are you plugging in IAD SFO as connection points? (for example)
When I booked obscure routes, I have to use the multi-city option and feed in each segment and the time manually.

Also, before the merger, CO.com commonly would show a higher price for the first segment, but just keep going and pick the flights that ITA listed. During the process or at the end the price will change to match what ITA is giving you. I am assuming that this might still be the case sometimes.

If you do not have any luck with UA.com, then go to Orbitz and use the multi-city option to see if you can make it work. I booked a few trips on O in the past and if you put in your frequent flyer number during booking, it will appear in your UA.com account automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.