UA: NYC-DME - $481 ai, 4.7cpm, ~10234 mi, K fare

Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Thank you to this post in the "Good deals" thread:

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
UA: LGA-DME $481ai (Sample: Apr 26-May3)
UA: LAX-DME $631ai (Sample: Apr 18-24)

PERMITTED 27MAR 12 THROUGH 17MAY 12 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 15MAR 12.
14 day advance. 1 month maximum stay. No stopovers.
-do not forget the cost of a visa (if required)-
I'm seeing availability on two dates on ITA - search NYC-MOW starting March 27 for 0-6 days. If you want to force UA (as I did), search:

NYC :: UA UA
MOW :: UA UA

I found fares on certain dates for LGA and EWR departures, connecting through IAD (airport change in DCA also available, if desired). 10,234 EQM according to UA.com.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
It looks like the $70 base fare works with LH/LX connections in K and L as well, but you get hit on the taxes once you connect in GVA/ZRH/FRA/MUC/LHR/etc.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Looking early May I found some availability.
May 3-6 for $516ai
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Visa?

Although I've never been, I'm aware that there is an expensive visa requirements, even on a same-day turn?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
CPM

MileCalc is showing LGA-IAD-DME @ 481 as 4.45cpm w/ 500 mile elite mins
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:51 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Although I've never been, I'm aware that there is an expensive visa requirements, even on a same-day turn?
For U.S. citizens it is $150, and it is not so simple to get.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Exactly...and unless you already have a BP for the return flight, you'll need the visa.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by BostonPaul
Exactly...and unless you already have a BP for the return flight, you'll need the visa.
Any issues getting a GA or Kiosk to print out the Return on a TATL?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Actually it's relatively simple to obtain one if you use one of the visa services. I can't remember now which one I used couple of years ago, but you just fill out a form and send them the passport and they take care of the rest.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Thank goodness for "FareLock" to give me a couple extra days to think if I really want to go through with this one.

Haven't seen too many decent UA MRs out of NYC in a while.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:41 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Actually it's relatively simple to obtain one if you use one of the visa services. I can't remember now which one I used couple of years ago, but you just fill out a form and send them the passport and they take care of the rest.
But the visa service will cost you even MORE.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Bionic Program and all other
Visa

Transit Visas: Travelers intending to transit through Russia en route to a third country must have a Russian transit visa. Even travelers who are simply changing planes in Moscow or another international airport in Russia for an onward destination will be asked to present a transit visa issued by a Russian Embassy or Consulate. Russian authorities may refuse to allow a U.S. citizen who does not have a transit visa to continue with his or her travel, obliging the person to immediately return to the point of embarkation at the traveler’s own expense.

more

http://www.russianembassy.org/Embass...nsit_visa.html

or

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/russian-visas.html

You will not be allowed to board on the plane if you do not have transit visa.

MOW is the worst place for MR's.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:54 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
But the visa service will cost you even MORE.
The visa fee is $150 and visa service site like www.visahq.com charges anywhere between $40 to $50 to process
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: nice
Nice post thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are mistaken (and amazingly US consulate webpage is dead wrong on that as well): you do NOT need transit visa if you connect in Russia on the way to another international destination as long as you don't leave airport transit area.

MR issue often brought up here is a somewhat different case - there is no other international destination, just a turnaround and this may or may not qualify depending on how airline interprets it (similarly 48 hr visa free connections in PVG are not advisable if you only plan to simply turn around)

Originally Posted by bionicrunner
Transit Visas: Travelers intending to transit through Russia en route to a third country must have a Russian transit visa. Even travelers who are simply changing planes in Moscow or another international airport in Russia for an onward destination will be asked to present a transit visa issued by a Russian Embassy or Consulate. Russian authorities may refuse to allow a U.S. citizen who does not have a transit visa to continue with his or her travel, obliging the person to immediately return to the point of embarkation at the traveler’s own expense.

more

http://www.russianembassy.org/Embass...nsit_visa.html

or

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/russian-visas.html

You will not be allowed to board on the plane if you do not have transit visa.

MOW is the worst place for MR's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.