Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: BOS-SEA $241 ai, 4.62cpm. (AA match via LAX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler

Same day turnaround. I bought one for March 2nd and returning 2 hours later.

First time doing a MR like this. I've always done 1 night stays but I've never done a same day turnaround. Any advice on that?

Sample dates for 0 nights:
Feb 28, 29
March 2, 3, 4 (for $239), 5, 6, 12, 13

I'm a little nervous because I think it'll look "weird" to see a guy get off the plane and get right back on. haha
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I actually booked a similar BOS-PHX roundtrip for the same price that weekend. I'm hoping to use SDC changes to change it from a same day turn with 1.5 hours in PHX into a proper over night trip, but if that falls through at least I'll get the miles and the hotel/rental car can be cancelled for free.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

I also wanted to add that my itinerary looks like this:

BOS-JFK-SEA-JFK-BOS

Probably going to be elite heavy. haha =\
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Wow, just found it on AA, but routing via LAX both ways. AA codeshare on AS metal LAX-SEA. BOS-LAX-SEA-LAX-BOS, redeye back. But 7100+ miles in 24 hours for $241.20, 3.4 cpm. I'm going to alert the mods to see if they can change the title, I don't want to start a whole new thread.

Edit: Only appears good on AA with that routing 3/5 and 3/7.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Feb 13, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mfong
I also wanted to add that my itinerary looks like this:

BOS-JFK-SEA-JFK-BOS

Probably going to be elite heavy. haha =\
Can't you cancel 24 hours in advanced to get your money back now? According to the new flight rules? I should brush up on that to make sure that's true.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't you cancel 24 hours in advanced to get your money back now? According to the new flight rules? I should brush up on that to make sure that's true.
Call DL, you might not be able to do it online.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
AA codeshare on AS metal LAX-SEA. BOS-LAX-SEA-LAX-BOS, redeye back. But 7100+ miles in 24 hours for $241.20, 3.4 cpm.
The connection from AA to AS and vice versa in LAX is a pain, when I take AA to SEA I go through DFW, the few hundred extra miles each way isn't worth the bus ride.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The connection from AA to AS and vice versa in LAX is a pain, when I take AA to SEA I go through DFW, the extra 350 miles each way isn't worth the bus ride.
But bus rides after 6.5 hour flights are fun!

3.7 cpm through DFW, more potential connections of course.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
DL is reversible (SEA-JFK-BOS-DTW-SEA). Dates look very limited for that AI price.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
25 minute layover in Seattle last Saturday morning... arrival 12:25 AM and departure 12:50 AM. Not a problem!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
25 minute layover in Seattle last Saturday morning... arrival 12:25 AM and departure 12:50 AM. Not a problem!
It should be noted that anyone who is not at least a GM could have a significantly worse experience if there is a minor delay. Plus a connection that tight removes any chance of getting a VDB voucher.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:27 pm

First time doing a MR like this. I've always done 1 night stays but I've never done a same day turnaround. Any advice on that?

Feb 28, 29

I'm a little nervous because I think it'll look "weird" to see a guy get off the plane and get right back on. haha
Same day turnarounds are fun. It doesn't look weird at all, you paid for the trip! I did SEA-PHX-BOS-SFO-SEA all in a day in January. I've never been to BOS and didn't know that I had to change terminals from an US Airways flight to an United flight. I had to take the airport shuttle and go through security again on an hour layover. Keep that in mind as you venture into more MRs with the quick turnarounds.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP

I'm a little nervous because I think it'll look "weird" to see a guy get off the plane and get right back on.
Originally Posted by picoarthur
Same day turnarounds are fun. It doesn't look weird at all, you paid for the trip!
I agree. Not weird. Ok, a little weird, but really, who cares. And nice that it's the same plane back. That way you don't have to worry if the first plane is late that you'll miss the second plane. Nice short turn around, don't hafta leave the airport. Just bring stuff to eat/read/do, and you should be all set.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG

Feb 28, 29

I have done aus-atl or dtw - aus many many times like that. When you get back on the plane ask the flight attendants: "hey, didn't you just come out on this plane?" say it before that say it to you and all will be fun!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Looked at this on AA out of SEA but couldn't find anything making it worthwhile. Oh well, I'll re-qualify on my other flights, was just looking for a cheap SEA-BOS flight to get some fresh lobster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.