Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/AC/LH: SEA-AMM $651 a/i (4.1cpm+)

Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Seems like a pretty good fare to Jordan. Haven't done a lot of investigation because I'm a SkyTeam loyalist, but throwing it out there in case it's useful to others.

Appears to be available on at least AC/UA/LH with various routings through EOS. It's similar to an EK fare, so possibly a response to EK's entry into the Seattle market?

For a few extra dollars in UK taxes, you can increase the CPM by connecting in London onto BMI: I was able casually to get it down to 4.1cpm on a $680 itinerary but I suspect you can do better with a little effort. (One example is 11/6-11/13; SEA-IAD-LHR-AMM-LHR-SFO-SEA on UA and BMI metal.)

Fare base round trip appears to be $161.00 + taxes and fees.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA
Bookable through where?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
You can find it on Kayak, bookable through a number of sites. Looks like K fare on mix of AC/LH/etc.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA
Great. Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Good find OP! Too bad UA does not fly to AMM.

Whether BD still exists in November is a big question though.

Originally Posted by BenA
Seems like a pretty good fare to Jordan. Haven't done a lot of investigation because I'm a SkyTeam loyalist, but throwing it out there in case it's useful to others.

Appears to be available on at least AC/UA/LH with various routings through EOS. It's similar to an EK fare, so possibly a response to EK's entry into the Seattle market?

For a few extra dollars in UK taxes, you can increase the CPM by connecting in London onto BMI: I was able casually to get it down to 4.1cpm on a $680 itinerary but I suspect you can do better with a little effort. (One example is 11/6-11/13; SEA-IAD-LHR-AMM-LHR-SFO-SEA on UA and BMI metal.)

Fare base round trip appears to be $161.00 + taxes and fees.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yes, great fare! I was finding routings via YVR & FRA into the fall for USD$687all in that make taking this offer tempting. Thanks for sharing! ^
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
LH segments in K earn no mileage in any programs but M&M, and at that just 50% so stay off LH metal!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
EK is lower now! 589 AI. Very good for the AS flyers out of SEA who want to rack up some RDM with the double mileage promotion on EK.

Thursday Dep Sun Ret possible
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
LH segments in K earn no mileage in any programs but M&M, and at that just 50% so stay off LH metal!
Is a great find for a lot of AC metal but the last miles seem to the problem. Given uncertainty around BD seems like it might still be best to stick with LH out of FRA and at least maximize the AC miles.

Also bookable on AC.com for anyone lucky enough to have discount codes.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:15 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Is a great find for a lot of AC metal but the last miles seem to the problem. Given uncertainty around BD seems like it might still be best to stick with LH out of FRA and at least maximize the AC miles.

I'm no expert, but I've never had an AC discount code for anything other than AC metal. Where do you get your codes?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm no expert, but I've never had an AC discount code for anything other than AC metal. Where do you get your codes?
probably from customer relations department due to previous complains, such as broken IFE, severe delay...etc
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2

Originally Posted by yyzgigi

Was referring to the x% discounts for service issues (broken IFE, poor service, etc.)

They generally work on codeshared flights like this; doesn't have to be 100 percent AC metal.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
-- deleted --

Last edited by kugelfischer; Jan 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by kugelfischer
op agent says this will earn op miles - i hope he's right).

it will not.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by aaron1262
EK is lower now! 589 AI. Very good for the AS flyers out of SEA who want to rack up some RDM with the double mileage promotion on EK.

Thursday Dep Sun Ret possible
What fare class does it book into? looks like discount economy only earns 1/2 on the mile...

are you talking about VNCRPUS6 ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.