Just booked a great itin as part of the Thanksgiving Day fare sale:

AGS -US- CLT -US- JFK in Y
JFK -AF- CDG -AF- LHR in J
AMS -DL- JFK in J

for $1696 ai !!!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:26 pm
Used to be highman123

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Lax-mnl in First/Business $2159 in Feb 2013. ~15k miles.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by highman123
Lax-mnl in First/Business $2159 in Feb 2013. ~15k miles.
Airline?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:44 pm

Oh, found this on Hawaiian via HNL.
Biz class
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Airline?
Looks like HA. Also available from LAS. My understanding is that their F product is a domestic type FC.

Looks like you can credit the HNL-MNL segments to AA, but not LAX-HNL. Not sure about LAS-HNL (AA site does not define "west coast cities" that do not earn AA miles.

Not even sure if these would earn EQM on AA - can someone smarter than me answer that?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
My understanding is that their F product is a domestic type FC.
I believe so, but catering is supposed to be very pleasant!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Not even sure if these would earn EQM on AA - can someone smarter than me answer that?
They would be RDMs unless you get a codeshare, which doesn't exist for this route.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I believe so, but catering is supposed to be very pleasant!
Unless you've never flown FC before, you won't be impressed. The cabin staff were fine, but I'd rather use miles and fly an airline with better seats and food.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I just priced out a CX premium economy fare from LAX to MNL for Sepetember 2012 travel (HKG-MNL and vv in standard economy) for $2,000.

Seems like the HA J seat isn't much better than the CX PE seat. With CX PE, I'd also get OW alliance EQMs and OW lounge access for those with sapphire/emerald status.

The CX PE seat doesn't look that bad:

http://www.cathaypacific.aero/premiu....../en_ie.html
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
You booked *A and ST together on one ticket or am I misreading? What site did you find this on?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
You booked *A and ST together on one ticket or am I misreading? What site did you find this on?
Not all that unusual to find mixed alliance itins considering most airlines have interline agreements and a majority of pax don't care about FF alliance, just price. You should be able to book it on any site like Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, etc... Even with AA.com using the "all carriers" option.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Not sure who the question was for, but I did book my US+AF+DL (actually KL flight operated by DL) itin as one ticket. But I had to call DL to book it. Any travel agent would be able to ticket it though.

I couldn't find any online travel agency site to build the itinerary I wanted. I tried Expedia, Orbitz, Cheapoair, Amex Travel, Vayama, Opodo, etc. Even ITA wouldn't come back with any results.

I could have easily booked the US flights separately from the ST flights, but the JFK stop is actually a 1.5 hour connection and having things on two itins would mean no protection in case of IROPS.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by 18sas
Not sure who the question was for, but I did book my US+AF+DL (actually KL flight operated by DL) itin as one ticket. But I had to call DL to book it. Any travel agent would be able to ticket it though.

I couldn't find any online travel agency site to build the itinerary I wanted. I tried Expedia, Orbitz, Cheapoair, Amex Travel, Vayama, Opodo, etc. Even ITA wouldn't come back with any results.

I could have easily booked the US flights separately from the ST flights, but the JFK stop is actually a 1.5 hour connection and having things on two itins would mean no protection in case of IROPS.
Yes, my question was for your - I failed to quote your orig post because I was on the FT Mobile app and botched it. Thank you for clarifying - that is a good fare so was curious.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Yes, my question was for your - I failed to quote your orig post because I was on the FT Mobile app and botched it. Thank you for clarifying - that is a good fare so was curious.
No prob.

The fare without the US leg, i.e. the ex-JFK round-trip was in the $1400s.

So I guess the combinability/end-on-end rules or whatever, really don't know the terms, allowed me to just tack on the initial economy leg.

And for the price I got, it would definitely be worth calling or paying a Travel Agent fee. Though I don't have to pay a fee for booking with Delta.

Last edited by 18sas; Jul 23, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver, Cathay Gold, SPG Plat 100, Hilton G, PC Plat,Hertz Pres C, Le club Accor plat
Could you please tell me if the CMB-LAX F fare anomaly still there?
I am look

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.