Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:39 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by jlisi984
UA Premium Service F (yes, not J) for 970 USD one-way... Using hidden-city ticketing...

Myself, I actually had to go to YYC, so I was looking at JFK-YYC and came across routings through SFO (one through LAX too).
Remember, it's not hidden city ticketing -- it's a trip from JFK to YYC via SFO with the SFO-YYC portion saved for another time

This fare is also available to YEG.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
RJ has a D fare between CDG and KUL/BKK/CMB for ~1560 a/i with no advance purchase. Can get it up to 97 cheaper via opodo.fr and ~60 less as expedia.fr thn from RJ.com
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
RJ has a D fare between CDG and KUL/BKK/CMB for ~1560 a/i with no advance purchase. Can get it up to 97 cheaper via opodo.fr and ~60 less as expedia.fr thn from RJ.com
Select days (to CMB at least) but scattered generously including e.g. mid-December, next June. How much of the trip would be in an international biz (i.e. sleeper) seat?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:40 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by SFO777
Looks like those are the cheap Thanksgiving J/C fares.
which engine are you using? Do these work at Xmas? And class on AC too please.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by JohnAx
Select days (to CMB at least) but scattered generously including e.g. mid-December, next June. How much of the trip would be in an international biz (i.e. sleeper) seat?
Only the AMM-BKK-KUL flights. Europe flights, as are I think AMM-CMB are on 320/321 which are barcalounger-type seats. Not bad for the price however.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Ultimate, AA 4MM EXP, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt LT Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Have flown the CDG-AMM-HKG and CDG-AMM-CMB several times and it's a great product for this rate
The CDG-AMM is a A321 with a good J-class for a 4 hours flight, good service and great food
Never had any one seating next to me so ti's a bonus
The AMM-BKK-HKG is an A330 with angled lie flat but still very comfortable
The AMM-CMB is a A310 the last one they operate, the J-class is cradle seat, so not the best unfortunately.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by thierry
Have flown the CDG-AMM-HKG and CDG-AMM-CMB several times and it's a great product for this rate
The CDG-AMM is a A321 with a good J-class for a 4 hours flight, good service and great food
Never had any one seating next to me so ti's a bonus
The AMM-BKK-HKG is an A330 with angled lie flat but still very comfortable
The AMM-CMB is a A310 the last one they operate, the J-class is cradle seat, so not the best unfortunately.
Thanks for that useful information. Do I mis-remember that AMM-CMB sometimes is an A330?

RJ is good for OW benefits and the generous availability/terms make this a good find. Those who don't need OW eqm and want more international seating/bedding probably wish EH would offer a similar deal.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
which engine are you using? Do these work at Xmas? And class on AC too please.
Are all the thanksgiving fares gone? think ive missed the NYC-DUB fare?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Those who don't need OW eqm and want more international seating/bedding probably wish EH would offer a similar deal.
EH is ANA Wings; did you mean EK or EY?

The EH code should really belong to a Canadian airline.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
$1800 on KL/AF/DL WAS/NYC-OSL. Not bad in Business considering I have paid up to $1500 to OSL a few times to sit in toilet class. Those peak summer months and last minute travel trips will do that to you! So I would have no problem paying $1800 in Biz to OSL.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

RJ is good for OW benefits and the generous availability/terms make this a good find. Those who don't need OW eqm and want more international seating/bedding probably wish EH would offer a similar deal.
Assuming you mean EY, they regularly offer fares to KUL from LHR (and other European cities) for 1600rtn. Sometimes less.

Personally I'd pay the extra to fly EY. The guaranteed flat bed on both legs, plus the better food, would make it a better choice for me; especially when coupled with the fact you can often get into F for a few hundred more EW.

I agree about OW, though. RJ makes good sense if you're after OW status.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
DL Thanksgiving fares

If you put off getting in on the Thanksgiving business class fares, some of them have come down a little more.

I had been considering RDU-FCO and it was $2159. Tonight I looked and got it for $1960, November 22-26.

Sometimes it pays to procrastinate.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:02 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by SkyBuck

Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
What am I doing wrong? I'm getting these prices for ONE WAY on delta.com. Will have to book at KLM I suppose but their site keeps crashing. I'm seeing MSY-OSL for roughly $2100 all-in in business at KLM but can't get it anywhere near that price on delta.com. Is there a price guarantee that applies...? Or does this fare not earn miles? I can't get KLM to cough up a fare code without booking, and I hate to book without knowing if it earns miles.

Update: You can book the deal on delta's website if you use a small open jaw, MSY-OSL, TRF-OSL. I might just do that but I have to check out a couple of things first. It is an S fare.

Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
If you put off getting in on the Thanksgiving business class fares, some of them have come down a little more.

I had been considering RDU-FCO and it was $2159. Tonight I looked and got it for $1960, November 22-26.

Sometimes it pays to procrastinate.

Last edited by peachfront; Sep 13, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SkyBuck

Hee.

Sloppy me, EtiHad just had to be EH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.