Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

CO/UA/NH: SEA/SFO/LAX-NRT/GUM - MANILA rt.from $682 a.i.

CO/UA/NH: SEA/SFO/LAX-NRT/GUM - MANILA rt.from $682 a.i.

Old May 31, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
Huh? I just got off UA 200, and while I was in Y, I could not identify anything about the product that would make it remotely close to BF. It's a domestic first class product. Nothing more.
Ice cream sundaes!
Old May 31, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
And the menu

There was even an ice-cream sandwich snack on my previous flight, in addition to ice cream sundae

Originally Posted by JeepGuyDE
Ice cream sundaes!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
K-fare and upgrades

Im not experienced with United upgrades and kindly ask for some advice:

If I buy the current K-fare do I understand it right that I can upgrade (if available) by buying a cash upgrade at the gate?
Does the upgrade work only for one segment or the whole way, i.e. e.g. Lax-Hnl-Mnl- rather the former I guess? Is Hnl-island hopper-Gum-Mnl defined as one segment?
What is the price range to calculate with for an upgrade?
Do they offer sort of upgrade after the booking processed finished some days before the flight?

huahh, many questions! Answers very much appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Drosophila
Im not experienced with United upgrades and kindly ask for some advice:

If I buy the current K-fare do I understand it right that I can upgrade (if available) by buying a cash upgrade at the gate?
Does the upgrade work only for one segment or the whole way, i.e. e.g. Lax-Hnl-Mnl- rather the former I guess? Is Hnl-island hopper-Gum-Mnl defined as one segment?
What is the price range to calculate with for an upgrade?
Do they offer sort of upgrade after the booking processed finished some days before the flight?

huahh, many questions! Answers very much appreciated.
I was offered a $239 upgrade for GUM-HNL (nonstop) at check-in, booked in K when I did this a week ago.

The island hopper is a single segment. I do not believe it shares a flight number with GUM-MNL, so it should be a distinct segment.

Perhaps you're thinking of a mileage based upgrade (with a large cash copay)? If so, that would at least support your upgrades for the entire direction of travel.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
This is a good deal for a one-stop (NRT) trip. I have done ORD-HNL-GUM-MNL in economy and that trip is really unpleasant. Too many stops, no in-seat TV and not enough sleeping time

For UA Mileage plus, it's 100% earned on NH flights in K class for transpacific, and also ongoing international connections, so it is my understanding that you'll get 100% miles and bonuses on the NH flight from NRT to MNL if you fly SEA-NRT also on NH.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=299

NH is much better than UA in economy, service is great and the "view" while getting your food or drink is much better too. One other possible benefit to booking ANA is if UA cans the SEA-NRT routing. If they do that, they'd unlikely move you to the NH nonstop. They'd route you through SFO.

I see $766 RT without tricks for Nov SEA-NRT-MNL all on NH. LAX departures slightly higher ($856 on NH, $754 on AA/JQ). Wish I could find something like this ex-ORD.
Anything like this for SFO departure?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
I was offered a $239 upgrade for GUM-HNL (nonstop) at check-in, booked in K when I did this a week ago.

The island hopper is a single segment. I do not believe it shares a flight number with GUM-MNL, so it should be a distinct segment.

Perhaps you're thinking of a mileage based upgrade (with a large cash copay)? If so, that would at least support your upgrades for the entire direction of travel.
Thanks! Did you go for the upgrade? I am thinking to pay the price for an Y+-Seat on the segment GUM-HNL (nonstop) during the booking process. Would that make sense or should one better wait?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Found $806 for LAX-HNL-GUM-MNL-NRT-SFO-LAX on airfare.com for early November date with a 12 hour layover in MNL

Vayama for the same itinerary is $934.

Have not booked with airfare.com, are they any good?
Is this reasonable pricing for a mileage run? Comes to about 5.28CPM

TIA.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:25 am

Booked LAX-KOA-HNL-Island Hopper-GUM-MNL-GUM-HNL-OGG-LAX. $800 and 16k miles.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by love4vino
Found $806 for LAX-HNL-GUM-MNL-NRT-SFO-LAX on airfare.com for early November date with a 12 hour layover in MNL

Vayama for the same itinerary is $934.

Have not booked with airfare.com, are they any good?
Is this reasonable pricing for a mileage run? Comes to about 5.28CPM

TIA.
5.28CPM is a bit steep for a pure mileage run.

On entirely* legitimate travel (e.g., I fly somewhere, leave the airport, fly back), I'm averaging about 4cpm before taking into account VDB vouchers from this year. If you're not interested in MNL, you can schedule a layover of up to 24h in TYO (possibly also KIX), Hawaii, and SEA on the fare.

(* I did partake in the $120 NYC-PDX UA r/t G fare earlier this year, but I wandered around Portland for a day and went to a nice aviation museum an hours' drive from the city. At 2.4cpm, it was enough to spur me to get onto a plane without much forethought.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.